It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telling tales of Telltale titles.

A time of more DRM-free Telltale games is upon us. We signed the deal, and we're set to unleash a torrent of past and future games from the award-winning adventure game developer! All of the games will premiere with full GOG Galaxy support, that includes Achievements and other goodness like one-click installation, auto-updating, game time tracking and more!

The first of our new Telltale releases is available today: <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series at 40% off during launch, right on schedule for the worldwide premiere of Episode 4: Sons of Winter.

<span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is your chance to not just watch or read about the pathological madness, but to experience and play it out with your own personal touch. This Telltale Game series tells the story of an all-new House of Forrester located somewhere in the north reaches of Westeros. As the War of Five Kings rages, your family is caught in the maelstrom of warfare, revenge, intrigue and horror, in a struggle not to win… but to survive. <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is a brand new side-story that bumps into familiar characters, and weaves across events known from the TV series which echo across the entire known world. The release discount will last until May 30, 12:59 pm GMT.

Soon, we'll tell more Telltale tales with The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and all seasons of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. Stay tuned!
nightcraw1er.488: Thanks for that info. Is there a fixed naming for the additional files, would be interested to know if these were removed whether the game would run at all.
The name of the DLL is isufferfromparanoia.dll.

Aside from my snide remark, i congratulate GOG for having yet another series of Telltale Games on offer.
Great stuff!
Post edited May 26, 2015 by elgonzo
The Walking Dead is coming to GOG? Awessome!
Quick, buy the games before Telltale loses the licenses in a few years and they need to be removed from GOG again, doomed to oblivion. :P
P1na: What's the big deal with galaxy support on single player "adventure" games?
The "big deal" is probably achivements, play time and easy updates. Updates are probably very useful for episodic games.
jamyskis: their games
They don't make game, they make visual novels. Granted you can walk around in them, but really the same thing.
Leroux: Quick, buy the games before Telltale loses the licenses in a few years and they need to be removed from GOG again, doomed to oblivion. :P
It's true, though.
HypersomniacLive: New Telltale Games on GOG, nice, and quite unexpected.

I only hope that they do a better job supporting the new releases here than what they've done with their previous ones.

And curious to see if any will arrive regionally priced, as PaterAlf said.
GoT is regionally priced, so I don't see why those would be different.
It is also to be noticed that GoT on Telltale's Store is not regionally priced. Another good job GOG.

ALH: Hmmm.GOG needs to put some pressure on Telltale.Unacceptable.
HypersomniacLive: Not happening, last time I inquired about this, GOG asked me if I wanted a refund.
Telltale Games are famous more for their total lack of support (no post release patch even on unmistakable issues and no customer care) and communication than for their games. Combine that with GOG lack of interest in bringing value to the users, not so good communication and low bargaining power and you got a non so good picture.

Fair Price Package is nothing. What would bring a revolution and make the difference would be not to pay publishers that doesn't fix their games.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by MIK0
Bought instantly.

Thanks for this. I've been waiting for Telltales return :)

It will feel odd though seeing Tales from the Borderlands without the original Borderlands series...

Maybe you guys have something planned? ;)

That would top this year off if Take-Two signed on with GOG, but that's not saying this hasn't hasn't been stellar already!
Now that you signed with Telltale will there be a DRM reclaiming plan for Telltale games?
I would love to play the Fables game without having to reset my STEAM password for the 100th time.
jamyskis: their games
Immoli: They don't make game, they make visual novels. Granted you can walk around in them, but really the same thing.
Every single adventure game I've played was an interactive story in which you can walk around. What's your definition of a visual novel? Can you get stuck in it? Do you need to quickly press buttons to survive a visual novel? ;)
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: Quick, buy the games before Telltale loses the licenses in a few years and they need to be removed from GOG again, doomed to oblivion. :P
Any evidence that Telltale Games would not be allowed to sell the existing games anymore in a few years from now, or just heresaying?
elgonzo: Any evidence that Telltale Games would not be allowed to sell the existing games anymore in a few years from now, or just heresaying?
I don't know anything about their contracts, but I do know that their Wallace and Gromit game was removed from stores for that reason. Before that happened I was under the delusion that losing the license just means you can't do any further games in the series, but apparantly for them it also meant they are forbidden from further distributing their already published games that are based on the IP. They don't sell their games based on Jeff Smith's Bone comics anymore either, although in that case I don't know if it's IP related. Quite likely though.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Leroux
Did the title of this thread/post change?

IIRC, the original title was simply "Telltale Games on GOG". I remember thinking when I first looked at it that it was an old thread from when Telltale first arrived on GOG...
Leroux: I don't know anything about their contracts, but I do know that their Wallace and Gromit game was removed from stores for that reason. Before that happened I was under the delusion that losing the license just means you can't do any further games in the series, but apparantly for them it also meant they are forbidden from further distributing their published games base don the IP. And they don't sell their games based on Jeff Smith's Bone comics anymore either.
Well, i see. With those precedents it actually makes sense to care about such a possibility.
Thanks for clarifying ;)
Post edited May 26, 2015 by elgonzo
yyahoo: Did the title of this thread/post change?

IIRC, the original title was simply "Telltale Games on GOG". I remember thinking when I first looked at it that it was an old thread from when Telltale first arrived on GOG...
It did. :)
Attachments:
title.jpg (184 Kb)