It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We could have SLOTS.

Example:
Slot0: gog only
Slot1: gog only
Slot2: steam bundle key (no cards) only
Slot3: steam bundle key (no cards) only
Slot4: steam bundle key (cards) only
Slot5: steam bundle key (cards) only
Slot6: steam non-bundle key (no cards) only
Slot7: steam non-bundle key (cards) only
Slot8: desura only
Slot9: desura only
Slot10: desura only

That way we could have 11 max going at once. (more slots could be added or altered or taken away, over time)

edit: also there should be a rule where somone doesn't dump all their desura keys for steam keys, as most people would probably value desura keys less then steam keys. I know of one person that is constantly offering desura games after taking steam games.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by gbaz69
RWarehall: Yeah, this is running great. The only problem I see is if everyone does what they are supposed to, and people keep adding games without a trade, the list can only grow. Guess that isn't a bad thing.
That would only be a problem if we get to a critical mass, taking for granted we know the value of it :P

If it makes you feel at ease, Lester and Gordon told me that is very improbable :D
gbaz69: We could have SLOTS.

Example:
Slot0: gog only
Slot1: gog only
Slot2: steam bundle key (no cards) only
Slot3: steam bundle key (no cards) only
Slot4: steam bundle key (cards) only
Slot5: steam bundle key (cards) only
Slot6: steam non-bundle key (no cards) only
Slot7: steam non-bundle key (cards) only
Slot8: desura only
Slot9: desura only
Slot10: desura only

That way we could have 11 max going at once. (more slots could be added or altered or taken away, over time)
That would be the death of this thread, why would we want to limit the available giveaways? This just makes no sense.
Just let it go on as it now goes. It maybe a little chaotic yes, but nothing unmanageable, now is it?
roelibex: That would be the death of this thread, why would we want to limit the available giveaways? This just makes no sense.
Just let it go on as it now goes. It maybe a little chaotic yes, but nothing unmanageable, now is it?
It is managable so far yes :D *sees it at 100+ down the road.
Still, this is one of my fav threads on gog.
gbaz69: edit: also there should be a rule where somone doesn't dump all their desura keys for steam keys, as most people would probably value desura keys less then steam keys. I know of one person that is constantly offering desura games after taking steam games.
In that case i would vote for stopping offering Steam keys for GOG ones as it was before. I kinda annoyed by this usual "desura keys is crap, all hail to steam".

Also, from 11 slots you given 6 to Steam? Did i managed to come to Steam forums or something?

Anyway, i already feel it will turn into Steam gifting topic soon, so i offer Suguri Collection Desura (second time, first time it came unnoticed). Anf Gentrieve 2 is in process of gifting to Stooner
Post edited March 21, 2014 by Redfern
gbaz69: edit: also there should be a rule where somone doesn't dump all their desura keys for steam keys, as most people would probably value desura keys less then steam keys. I know of one person that is constantly offering desura games after taking steam games.
Um, some people prefer Desura over Steam because it has a drm-free option. And trying to overly police this friendly thread might kill it. I advise not getting upset over how others are behaving unless someone is actually not fulfilling their part of the bargain.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by Momo1991
Redfern: In that case i would vote for stopping offering Steam keys for GOG ones as it was before. I kinda annoyed by this usual "desura keys is crap, all hail to steam".

Also, from 11 slots you given 6 to Steam? Did i managed to come to Steam forums or something?

Anyway, i already feel it will turn into Steam gifting topic soon, so i offer Suguri Collection Desura (second time, first time it came unnoticed). Anf Gentrieve 2 is in process of gifting to Stooner
I think it´ll depend on the kind of bundles incoming :P, though, so far the powers are kept in check of each other.

Btw, added your game to the list.
Momo1991: Um, some people prefer Desura over Steam because it has a drm-free option. And trying to overly police this friendly thread might kill it. I advise not getting upset over how others are behaving unless someone is actually not fulfilling their part of the bargain.
Yeah.. again, I think leaving it up to the gifter is the best option.
Redfern: In that case i would vote for stopping offering Steam keys for GOG ones as it was before. I kinda annoyed by this usual "desura keys is crap, all hail to steam".

Momo1991: Um, some people prefer Desura over Steam because it has a drm-free option. And trying to overly police this friendly thread might kill it. I advise not getting upset over how others are behaving unless someone is actually not fulfilling their part of the bargain.
Since people were bringing up the subject of keeping track of so many, would be difficult,
I only suggested that to keep it more organized and in line with my slot suggestion, and only if we need to, deal.
On the note of more slots being steam, thats just math silly, I'm sure you are aware the least amount offered so far has been gog games, and the most steam. It was just a general outline via porportions.
There could always be slots, without "only", for those that don't care about the "only" versions, and is inline with current thread.

All good, my wording again boned me lol.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by gbaz69
When I first saw this thread I figured it would be take one, offer one. I can imagine such a system going dead if an unwanted game is offered, but at least it wouldn't create busywork for the kindest and most attentive GOGlodytes. I don't think it's fair to expect others to use their spare time to maintain lists.

So how about 3 games on offer at once? Or maybe one from each service (GOG, Desura, Steam, Humble, et al) at a time?

gbaz69:
gbaz69: Since people were bringing up the subject of keeping track of so many, would be difficult,
I only suggested that to keep it more organized and in line with my slot suggestion, and only if we need to, deal.
On the note of more slots being steam, thats just math silly, I'm sure you are aware the least amount offered so far has been gog games, and the most steam. It was just a general outline via porportions.
There could always be slots, without "only", for those that don't care about the "only" versions, and is inline with current thread.

All good, my wording again boned me lol.
First of all I was replying to your suggestion that "someone" (who remains nameless unless one cares to check back) was being a sort of leecher by taking Steam games an only leaving Desura - as if Desura is some kind of red-headed stepchild. But what I am saying is that many appreciate Desura as much as Steam as much as GOG - so imposing all kinds of rules defeats the purpose of this thread. You may personally feel Steam keys are more valuable but others may beg to differ with you on that point. Can we just stop with trying to figure out the exact worth and allow each individual gifter to set any parameters they'd personally like to see in their own individual post?

Secondly, yes, the thread of available games is growing - this is partly due to some people generously offering two games when they feel the one they are taking is worth more and also due to just plain generous people like sataide.

As to maintaining the list, I really think an open spreadsheet on Google makes the most sense. We're all adults - if you take a game then delete it and add in the game(s) you're offering. Add a column for any special notes - like you personally may feel that if you're giving a Steam key then the person taking it has to offer a Steam key in return. your perogative... It's not freaking brain surgery we're doing here! ;-p
I apologize for even bringing it up. Merely an observation. It's under control for now, I was just surprised to see more people offering games (without taking one) with as many as are up. The simple solution for when it becomes a problem would be to cap game offers unless someone takes a game.
Well, I added the 5 day thing to the OP some time ago, like if no one picks up a game in 5 days, the gifter gets to keep it, so we don't need to track all the games, but only the most recent ones. We can have it at "3 days" if people think that that would be better.

Just throwing some ideas out there, but the thread can be however people like using it.

edit to remove stupid idea :p
Post edited March 21, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
RWarehall: I apologize for even bringing it up. Merely an observation. It's under control for now, I was just surprised to see more people offering games (without taking one) with as many as are up. The simple solution for when it becomes a problem would be to cap game offers unless someone takes a game.
True but the spirit of this thread was a kind of ninja-thread offshoot. Here when gifters leave games without taking any, they can be assured that the taker must give back something in return.

Plus, here's the deal as posted in the OP - after five days (which I personally feel is too short), a gifter may delete their gift if there are no takers.
There you go, I'm just blind. Apparently an escape plan was already in place. Nothing to see here, move along! I like the thread, I've always been a bit wary of the Ninja thread as it seems there are a few people who seem to monitor the thread every waking minute. Always makes me wonder why they want games seeing as they are clearly not ever playing any.