It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vythonaut: Mountains everywhere!
DubConqueror: Too bad we've been waiting for years for Bethesda to release Skyrim on GOG.

And also that they're still asking an exuberant price for the Special Edition and no discount is given to those who already own the original on Steam.
Bethesda was giving Special Edition for free to owners of Legendary Edition.
- My pride and joy, Pandora Mu in the My constellation. Took a lot of blood and tears getting this and two other sister colonies off the ground.
- Said colony becomes the target of, for the time being, relatively small raiding fleets.
- With my orbital station in orbit around Pandora My it was very easy to defend against the attack. Still, the station is in need of an upgrade.
- Few things as satisfying as unleashing a broadside from my flag ship 4 Mjolnir Cannons
- Boom!
Attachments:
colony.jpg (443 Kb)
defending.jpg (387 Kb)
broadside.jpg (343 Kb)
boom.jpg (290 Kb)
This went better than I expected it. Ghostrunner "Kill Run" Mode ... DEFEATED!
Attachments:
Been enjoying Carrion lately! So much fun slithering about endless corridors and spreading pixelated gore with my angry tentacles! This game surprised me and I think I'm addicted. ;)
Attachments:
carri_on.jpg (331 Kb)
Still having a blast in starsector

- Finally reached pop cap on my 1st colony. Now I just need to upgrade the orbiting battlestation into a star fortress, which provided there is a defending fleet, should make the planet almost immune to attacking armadas.
- Large battle about to take place (if you want you play the battles entirely from this screen by only giving out orders)
- Flanking two legion ships with my flagship. Couldn't save the orbital station unfortunately, but all but destroyed the attacking fleet
- Arriving to help defend my ice planet colony alongside a recently upgraded battlestation.
Attachments:
millions.jpg (450 Kb)
flanking.jpg (427 Kb)
Think I finally figured out my perfect flagship layout. On each side:
2x Mjolnir cannons as main armament at extreme range
2x dual flak cannons against missiles, fighters and bombers
4x energy point defense to further help out the flak cannons
1x ion pulser, to disable enemy ships that get close
1x salamander MRMs to seek out and disable ship engines (no more pesky frigates outrunning me)
1x reaper class torpedo, single shot, just in case I catch a powerful ship with its shield down and point defense disabled
Attachments:
conquest.jpg (488 Kb)
Matewis: Think I finally figured out my perfect flagship layout. On each side:
2x Mjolnir cannons as main armament at extreme range
2x dual flak cannons against missiles, fighters and bombers
4x energy point defense to further help out the flak cannons
1x ion pulser, to disable enemy ships that get close
1x salamander MRMs to seek out and disable ship engines (no more pesky frigates outrunning me)
1x reaper class torpedo, single shot, just in case I catch a powerful ship with its shield down and point defense disabled
lol ... i had to get one for myself too! during a retrieval mission i found myself stealthing through a debris field to not attract attention from several remnant automated defense systems, while waiting for their patrol's to pass by i decided to see if i could extract some extra supplies from the debris and blam! look what showed up on the sensors!! in bad shape of course but after finishing the mission i went back to he populated circle, buy an extra fuel tanker and went back to pick the hull up only to transport it through almost the entire galaxy back to one of my newfounded colonies. It worked and now its being worked back into shape, i don't have the resources to have it operate outside in space but who knows, if i ever will reach that point it is nice to have such a ship as back-up ;)

Same story goes for the phase destroyer, this one is in pristine shape, only cost me 29000 creds and 20 hard ass marines to ' procure ' the thing from its uhm garage ;-)

I don't think it fits well in my current fleet ( which is very small ) but again as an option for the future it is a mighty interesting option.

This is a new start btw, the other one, signing up with the royal navy etc, lets leave it at, life is pretty hard atm. This is a more friendly approach for now. Manage some colonies, be friendly towards everyone .. yea, the quiet life
Attachments:
Zimerius: ...
I also randomly found mine floating in the middle of nowhere in some backwater solar system, only in without any d-mods. It was an incredibly lucky find. But yeah, it's nice to have some wrecks in the 'garage'. It can be very expensive to restore, but if you have the funds then it is an on-demand ship for when you need it. Generally it's much cheaper to build one yourself if you have the blueprint, and can afford to wait a couple of months :P

I also got myself a phase destroyer like that, but I don't think I have it properly outfitted. My officer, with his phase specialty really struggles to stay alive.

Sadly I wasn't left with the impression that "be friendly towards everyone" is a good way to be left alone, or rather for your colonies to be left alone... Some friendly advice: build an orbital station asap :)
Matewis: I also randomly found mine floating in the middle of nowhere in some backwater solar system, only in without any d-mods. It was an incredibly lucky find. But yeah, it's nice to have some wrecks in the 'garage'. It can be very expensive to restore, but if you have the funds then it is an on-demand ship for when you need it. Generally it's much cheaper to build one yourself if you have the blueprint, and can afford to wait a couple of months :P

I also got myself a phase destroyer like that, but I don't think I have it properly outfitted. My officer, with his phase specialty really struggles to stay alive.

Sadly I wasn't left with the impression that "be friendly towards everyone" is a good way to be left alone, or rather for your colonies to be left alone... Some friendly advice: build an orbital station asap :)
yea, its a shame you don't have the option of restoring the d mods of your choice. For the price of restoring i have a new one on the black market ;) anyways, just added a high tech CL to the arsenal. The galaxy is really heating up atm with pirates hunting everywhere not to mention those church fanatics and i do like my share of warfare now and then. Though still prospecting for stuff becomes more and more important. Do other administrators pop op out of the wood btw? figured i could use another mining planet and found one close by the other colonies, I am currently at the max of self administrated colonies and figured i would have a hell of a time creating enough stability if not administrated properly

-----
The Fleet
-----

Couple of more frigates, those monitors for example, and one or two destroyers seems appropriate
Attachments:
Post edited April 15, 2021 by Zimerius
I still get pirate ambushers in deep space that send out fake distress calls, but because I'm on good standing with the pirate faction (have done a lot of quests via 2 contacts - "mostly" legal stuff) they leave me alone in my own system and the core worlds, which is a relief.

I think you can only have 2 administrators, unless you get that skill that gives you another one. You could of course make alpha cores administrators, but I haven't had the guts yet to try that. Neither of my 2 administrators give stability boosts though, yet I don't have stability problems. However all 3 my colonies are in the same system, and each has a patrol HQ and a battlestation, both of which gives stability. I am on the lookout for some better administrators though. Preferably ones that boost mining, as well as fleet size and accessibility. I just have to remember to keep checking comms at every station/planet I visit.
Attachments:
junkyard.jpg (475 Kb)
Post edited April 15, 2021 by Matewis
Mad Max

Just such a fun and good looking game.

EDIT GOG won't allow me to post a screenshot for some reason. A bug?
Post edited April 15, 2021 by jepsen1977
jepsen1977: EDIT GOG won't allow me to post a screenshot for some reason. A bug?
Must be under 500kB and either .jpg or .png. Anything else, including .JPG does not work.
Matewis: I still get pirate ambushers in deep space that send out fake distress calls, but because I'm on good standing with the pirate faction (have done a lot of quests via 2 contacts - "mostly" legal stuff) they leave me alone in my own system and the core worlds, which is a relief.

I think you can only have 2 administrators, unless you get that skill that gives you another one. You could of course make alpha cores administrators, but I haven't had the guts yet to try that. Neither of my 2 administrators give stability boosts though, yet I don't have stability problems. However all 3 my colonies are in the same system, and each has a patrol HQ and a battlestation, both of which gives stability. I am on the lookout for some better administrators though. Preferably ones that boost mining, as well as fleet size and accessibility. I just have to remember to keep checking comms at every station/planet I visit.
Hah, now that is some scrapyard i want to own too!

Yes of course, same place where you can look for officers! Now nothing stands in the way of Sector dominance !!!!
<< evil laugh that's slightly off ! <<

Well let's see, i just deployed some gamma level ai's to reduce the drug habits of the miners i use! lol! can't even imagine how that goes about....... ai listens in at all communications to optimize the path and usage of drugs from a distance, sounds like something the Dutch government would do

Anyways

Picture one, catched a small pirate fleet with its pants down
Picture two, scurrying the newfound treasure back to the ' garage '
picture Three, friendly greetings among traders howling stuff
picture four, combat with the pirates, at some point both light cruisers became separated from the others doing their own personalized dance..... for quite some time

coughts, hauls, to haul, hauling .... ya know

oh and unlocked a crazy new skill for my avatar, every month one d mod will be randomly chosen to be removed, i'm in heaven! the other choice on that level is insane too, up to 90% damage reduction per damage type per installed d - mod
Attachments:
Post edited April 15, 2021 by Zimerius
Themken: Must be under 500kB and either .jpg or .png. Anything else, including .JPG does not work.
Okay thx - that was the issue. File too big.
- Broadside vs broadside, like the days of old
- My missile cruiser working overtime
My AIs are somehow keeping my miners of the drugs as well :)
Attachments:
missiles.jpg (184 Kb)
Post edited April 16, 2021 by Matewis