It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mah own personal vamp in Code Vein, one of the two games i picked up on steam during the lunar sale ( the other one being , Immortal Realms - Vampire Wars ;) )

I have to say that this one is quite catching as far as soul likes go ( though i had that too in Nioh right until i found myself eye in eye with the first boss after the introduction, what a bummer << lords of the fallen and mortal shell don't seem to cut it but, who knows, a nice anime girl always manages to hit my mood in a right way ))

Combat, ( so far ) is still action rpg enough to keep it entertaining though not as arcade minded as say a Nier Automata, there is of course your stamina bar familiar from any other soulslikes but this somehow does not stand in the way of creating situations where you are literally swamped with enemies. With the optional a.i. partner life remains good so far. Combat option wise the game seems a bit bland, so far i dodge, and hack and slash myself quite in a traditional way through the levels. There are different styles you can switch between, all with their own special skill set and stat requirement, for example a normal sword can be considered a heavy weapon with certain profiles which i'm currently examining, and those styles have to be unlocked in certain manners and can even be upgraded by use of items you probably need to either find or kill some especially wicked lost ( =fallenvampire )

The story is told in a simple manner, your character seems to be literally without tongue and all in all the whole character vocalization seems, in English at least , pretty dull.... not to mention the whole uhm drive of the game. But who knows... most anime's are slow starters so who knows what kind of amazing discoveries lie ahead!

Certainly recommendable if you did enjoy Nier and always found yourself with a craving for combat games with a rpg like cape( as in not 1v1 fighting games such as streetfighter but games that have you fight even more then your traditional 1v1 arena battler in a fighter way )
Attachments:
codev.jpg (226 Kb)
That feeling when a series famous for its installments on personal computers gets a compilation rerelease years later...

...only on consoles.
Attachments:
Post edited February 15, 2021 by Grargar
Grargar: That feeling when a series famous for its installments on personal computers gets a compilation rerelease years later...

...only on consoles.
A shame that Turrican doesn't come to PCs.

@Topic
More screens from Planet's Edge.
Attachments:
Quickly tried out Valheim to see what all the commotion is about and it certainly does feel like a breath of fresh air. Building a base to shield you from the elements and creatures of the night is especially rewarding, even though the actual survival elements is very light. It doesn't look like you can actually starve: food is seems is only for buffing your stats in different ways to be able to face enemies. You are pretty weak on an empty stomach.

- Buidling a base
- Done!
- Inside
- Trolls are huge
- Added some beehives
(^ on low graphics)

wishlist entry
Attachments:
building.jpg (183 Kb)
done.jpg (440 Kb)
inside.jpg (191 Kb)
uhoh.jpg (339 Kb)
beehives.jpg (394 Kb)
Checking up on an old favorite. House was on fire at start, and I promptly burned to death while trying to make a makeshift sling to store items on my way out of town :\
Attachments:
cdda.png (31 Kb)
Sneaking around the edge of a town. The new crouching mechanics really simplifies this - down from extremely difficult to merely difficult. I had to coax a few zombies to an open field behind some houses so that I could carefully deal with them at my own pace. A nearby pond made it easier since zombies don't care about obstructions in their way, so simply standing on the other side of the pond gives me time to catch my breath as I wait for a zombie to slowly come in range of my cast iron frying pan.

Good haul overall - raided a military surplus store and got some army clothes and MREs. The real spectacular find though was an ice axe I found in a basement. Now I can pry open windows instead of smashing them, which attract zombies in a far too wide radius.
Attachments:
sneaking.png (137 Kb)
Star Wars.... never fails to appease the peasant !

Imma happy peasant!
Attachments:
Found a working beetle car, and used it to scout the area for a new base location. My big mistake was to try and drive it through a zombie infested town to what looked like a good location on the other side (a big truck or military vehicle can do this no problem, but a small beetle can't run over enough zombies before sustaining too much damage to continue). The zombies in the street were too dense to drive around, so at one point I tried to take a shortcut in between two houses, but that nearly ended in disaster. There was simply no room so I had to go back the way I came, but too many zombies had followed me down the alley and the beetle literally got jammed in place by a mass of zombies. I had no choice but to abandon the car and run into a nearby house in the zombie infested town, leaving most of my loot behind in the beetle.

Zombies are attracted by noise, so something you can do in a situation like this is to set a house on fire. The collapsing roof creates enough noise so that zombies in a wide radius come to investigate, resulting in several burning to death in the process. So that is what I did here. I ran into the house closing doors behind me to delay the zombies long enough to set a couch on fire, and then made a beeline to a house across the street (luckily there were no zombies in the street since most followed the car into the alley). Then I simply waited for the house to catch fire and thin out the zombie numbers. There were still several left so I had to wait to nighttime to sneak around and set two more houses on fire. This killed enough zombies so that I could finally coax the remainder meandering around my car into a nearby boarded up house, to meet my prized aluminium bat.
Must've been around 1 am that I finally managed to get to my car and my precious loot: mostly a ton of skill books I raided from a library in my starter town.

Oh yes and I found a canoe :D This game is amazing.
Attachments:
open_road.png (176 Kb)
canoe.png (232 Kb)
A charming little space 4x tactics gem

Chaos Empires

short: Medieval China

includes tactical space battles with mecha's, submarines, battleships, variety of cruisers and support ships, random events, 4 different distinct factions, lighthearted economy with only industry and economy

edit:
Chaos Galaxy, not Chaos Empires
Attachments:
Post edited February 20, 2021 by Zimerius
Star Wars... or better said, LucasArts ....
Attachments:
Still Planet's Edge. Had now to reload an older savegame due to bugs which resulted in doors not reopening. Very annoying.

Picture 1: slapstick moment
Picture 2: another piece for the 'Centauri Drive' found
Picture 3: a hint for a puzzle
Picture 4: unfriendly android with... boobs?
Attachments:
Planet's Edge

Picture 1: brought blueprints for biggest ship home
Picture 2: base with Fury starship
Picture 3: only one part left
Attachments:
Finished Planet's Edge. Next game is Starcom: Nexus.
Attachments:
viperfdl: quote
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Attachments:
Been spending some time in CDDA's apocalypse

- Survived my first night (small forest cabin)
- Somehow made it to a week, mostly because my starting infection luckily healed by itself, though I did at find antibiotics in any case.
- While cooking some cougar meat on the 2nd floor of my base (the club house of a small golf course) I saw this monstrosity approaching across the course.
- Grabbed my M4 and ran to my car, getting it to follow me away from my base as I took repeated potshots at it, thus resulting in a trial of bile. It finally went down thank god - I smashed the corpse and set it on fire just in case.
- Approaching a mansion for an extended loot run, which turned out to be extremely profitable: there was a hidden door leading up to a private study stocked with several guns. I also found a full suit of plate armor along with a medieval mace, which was one hell of a struggle to get back to my car. I'm going to see if I can modify it later on to make it fit better. I just need to set up a metal working workshop first.
Attachments:
survived.png (193 Kb)
a_week.png (183 Kb)
wounded.png (123 Kb)
mansion.png (161 Kb)