It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We all have a soft spot for excellent games provided to us by Paradox Interactive – absolute titans of the strategy genre, who are responsible for thousands of hours that we’ve spent having fun in their titles.

That’s why it is an absolute pleasure that 4 Paradox games (with 3 of them being beloved classics) are joining our catalog today with awesome Summer Sale discounts! Next adventures await you in: Crusader Kings II, Knights of Honor, Arsenal of Democracy, and Academia: School Simulator. Let’s take a look at them.

Pssst! Come join us on our Twitch Channel on June 14th (Today) at 7 PM UTC to see DarkSaber2k tackle Crusader Kings II and on June 17th (Saturday) at 1 AM UTC to help Lovelust in Academia: School Simulator. See you in the chat!

Crusader Kings II (available to grab for free)
Historical, medieval grand strategy that captured the hearts of players all over the world since its initial release in 2012. Become a ruler of a medieval dynasty, engaging in politics, warfare, and diplomacy. With its deep gameplay mechanics, character-driven storytelling, historical authenticity, and open-ended nature, it offers a unique and immersive experience in shaping the course of history.

Moreover, 31 of the game’s DLCs are also now available on GOG, all with -50% Summer Sale discounts (and -66% for Crusader Kings II Tales of Treachery e-book).

And if you’d like to go with the bigger packages, you’ll also find Dynasty Starter Pack (-55%), Royal Collection (-58%), Imperial Collection (-60%) with their discounts available throughout the whole Summer Sale.

Find all the DLCs, packs, as well as other discounted Paradox Interactive games HERE.

Knights of Honor (-75%)
2005’s RTS masterpiece known for its immersive gameplay and historical setting. You lead a medieval kingdom, making strategic decisions to expand your influence through diplomacy and warfare. The game offers a blend of real-time and grand strategy elements, allowing you to manage your economy, engage in battles, and navigate diplomatic relationships. Its historical accuracy, strategic depth, and diverse playstyles make it a compelling choice for every strategy enthusiast.

Arsenal of Democracy (-75%)
Now with this historical strategy we are shifting into the era of World War II. Taking place in 1936-64, Arsenal of Democracy lets you play as any nation during WW2, complete with detailed models for economics, diplomacy, research, and intelligence. Historical accuracy, complex gameplay mechanics, and the ability to control and shape the outcome of the war will let you immerse yourself while rewriting history and experiencing the challenges of the world’s most influential military conflict.

Academia: School Simulator (-40%)
Unleash your creativity in this managerial tycoon game. Design and manage your own school with freedom to customize and build a functioning educational institution. Construct classrooms, hire staff, and oversee daily operations. You can expect strategic challenges, personalization options, and a sandbox mode for endless creativity. An immersive experience of building and managing a school while nurturing student success.

These Paradox Interactive titles could be crown jewels to the strategic side of your gaming library. Make full use of their discounts, check out all the Paradox deals HERE, and browse through more than 5400 bargains packed within Summer Sale. Enjoy!
Ueber: Have you tested it by yourself?
MrZeno: It was mentioned on the release stream on GOGs twitch channel.
Damn. I was planning to get all relevant DLCs, now I don't see the point of spending any money on this butchered game.

GOG really need to get its releases together.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Ueber
dtgreene: So, I "bought" Crusader Kings II today, and was asked to fill out a survey. I did, but the survey isn't without some issues:
* It doesn't account for the "purchased" game being a freebie.
* When asked for a reason to buy games here, DRM-free wasn't one of the choices. (Playing offline was, but DRM-free was not.)

(Worth noting that I didn't buy any of the DLCs.)
I filled that out the other day (also for a freebie). There was a box for "other", and I, of course, mentioned DRM-free and the lack of a mandatory launcher (since a dispiriting number of people these days don't see mandatory clients as DRM) therein.
The prompt for the survey has been there on every "purchase" since then, too.
I've added a wishlist entry for CK2 Multiplayer:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/crusader_kings_2_multiplayer

please vote for multiplayer to be added.

Why should we pay the same prices for DLCs for a cut down version of CK 2, whereas other stores include multiplayer?

I don't spend a dime on those DLCs without multiplayer.
Ueber: I've added a wishlist entry for CK2 Multiplayer:

Why should we pay the same prices for DLCs for a cut down version of CK 2, whereas other stores include multiplayer?

It's weird they would not add MP to the GOG version. CK2 has over 1300 people playing it right now on Steam. Did Paradox feel the game was too old to release MP on GOG?? Not worth the hassle.

I never played the MP, but I voted on your wishlist.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Syphon72

Syphon72: It's weird they would not add MP to the GOG version. CK2 has over 1300 people playing it right now on Steam. Did Paradox feel the game was too old to release MP on GOG?? Not worth the hassle.

I never played the MP, but I voted on your wishlist.
Jup, and it is even wierder that we should pay the same prices for such a subpar version.
I can understand that they left out multiplayer for titles,where multiplayer is not that of a great deal, but CK2 is a whole new experience in multiplayer and also highly popular.
timppu: Or how do you activate the separate DLCs in the game, when not using Galaxy?
mrkgnao: The game has a launcher, where you can enable/disable individual DLCs (and sometimes, I think, even parts of DLCs).
Ok I guess that is ok. i was more thinking about installing the game and its DLCs with the offline installers, how many .exe files does one need to run to install all?

Someone said there are like 30 or so separate DLC installers, which maybe sounds manageable. If you enable and disable them from the launchers, one big DLC installer would be nice, but I guess that can't be done easily as they also sell DLCs separately.

Whatever, I'll know soon enough as i am going to blow 100+€ to the imperial edition now... I'm in a spending mood as I just saved over 200€ with a car rental to Thailand (I was going to rent a car for our holiday for around 600€, but just got a deal which costs only like 370€ for 26 days). I'll blow some of that saved money to CKII Imperial Edition.

EDIT: Bought, and I counted 29 separate game content DLC installers (+1 for the main game installer).

On top of that there are music extras etc... When i bought the game, it said it added +31 DLCs to the game, I presume the two "missing ones" are in the extras..
Post edited June 15, 2023 by timppu
high rated
Shouldn't there be a warning that there is no multiplayer on the game page? :/
ConsulCaesar: Shouldn't there be a warning that there is no multiplayer on the game page? :/
Yes there should be.
GOG.com: Summer Sale special: Crusader Kings II for free
Thanks for the free game, Paradox and GOG.
mrkgnao: The game has a launcher, where you can enable/disable individual DLCs (and sometimes, I think, even parts of DLCs).
timppu: Ok I guess that is ok. i was more thinking about installing the game and its DLCs with the offline installers, how many .exe files does one need to run to install all?

Someone said there are like 30 or so separate DLC installers, which maybe sounds manageable. If you enable and disable them from the launchers, one big DLC installer would be nice, but I guess that can't be done easily as they also sell DLCs separately.

Whatever, I'll know soon enough as i am going to blow 100+€ to the imperial edition now... I'm in a spending mood as I just saved over 200€ with a car rental to Thailand (I was going to rent a car for our holiday for around 600€, but just got a deal which costs only like 370€ for 26 days). I'll blow some of that saved money to CKII Imperial Edition.

EDIT: Bought, and I counted 29 separate game content DLC installers (+1 for the main game installer).

On top of that there are music extras etc... When i bought the game, it said it added +31 DLCs to the game, I presume the two "missing ones" are in the extras..
Did you get the two free DLCs?

https://www.gog.com/en/game/crusader_kings_ii_songs_of_yuletide
https://www.gog.com/en/game/crusader_kings_ii_south_indian_portraits_5_year_anniversary_gift
timppu: Someone said there are like 30 or so separate DLC installers, which maybe sounds manageable.

I was going to say 'It's not so many that you'll develop RSI', but I didn't want to be liable for any injuries incurred from installing Paradox DLC

Thanks for being our guinea pig
timppu: Ok I guess that is ok. i was more thinking about installing the game and its DLCs with the offline installers, how many .exe files does one need to run to install all?

You could use a batch file like the following to install your DLC collection.

@echo off
for /f %%A in ('dir /b setup_*.exe') do (
echo Installing DLC: "%%A" ...
start /wait %%A /SP- /silent /norestart
)
echo.
echo All DLC have been installed! Press Enter to exit...
pause
exit

Copy the installer.bat file into your DLC directory and run it from there. My recommendation is to run it from a CMD-prompt run in administrator mode, so you will not be bothered with Windows-UAC prompts while the script does its job.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Mori_Yuki
Yes those seem to be marked as "in library" as well.

I've also added a wishlist entry for Mac and Linux support:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/crusader_kings_ii_for_mac_and_linux

If you want Mac and Linux support added to Crusader Kings II, you should vote.

The lack of Mac and Linux native versions that are available on Steam ruins the whole Crusader Kings II release for me. It's not something I'll ever get over if the decision isn't changed. I'll likely be refunding my Imperial Collection purchase if they don't add the Mac and Linux support after the fact, like other GOG games have. I shouldn't have to resort to piracy to get a DRM-free Linux native version of the game! Shame on you, GOG and Paradox Interactive!
Post edited June 15, 2023 by MoreLinuxonGOG
Purchased Knights of Honor yesterday, and decided to give it a go today. Going through the tutorial, I found out that I can't complete or pass the Royal Dynasty part of said tutorial when it asks to click the 'Royal Dynasty' button on the main interface. All you receive in response is either "You can't access that at this time" or "Do you really want to quit" <-- Both paraphrased (as I can't remember the exact wording), then it promptly exits back to the main menu. Doing a search, the Steam version appears to have the same problem...