It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready for another Summer Sale banger? We certainly hope so, because we’re not taking the foot from the gas pedal! So far, we’re offering you more than 5400 titles with discounts up to -90%, more and more curated collections tailored for every taste, and Bundles available only on GOG. Moreover, we’ve already had 3 giveaways and great new releases of amazing titles like: Contra Anniversary Collection, Evil West, Crusader Kings II, Layers of Fear, Yakuza series.

Today, we’re expanding the Summer Sale awesomeness even more with a GIVEAWAY of Hell Division, Whale Rock Games Collection with discounts up to -93%, and a special bargain for Frostpunk!

Let’s see what’s waiting for you this time!

Until June 23rd, 1 PM UTC, feel free to claim your copy of Hell Division – a third-person shooter where you pilot lethal drones.

Become a pilot of an armed military drone and plunge into adrenaline-fueled action set in a cyberpunk city divided between two ruthless corporations. The confrontation is inevitable, the question is – will you prevail?

This awesome title was made by Whale Rock Games – a young video game studio from Kiev full of talented people who believe in the idea that being a real fan of your work helps the whole team reach great success.

And that’s certainly the case when you look at their titles. To celebrate their passion and heart for video games we’ve prepared a Collection containing their whole GOG’s catalog with, of course, Summer Sale discounts! There, you’ll find games like:

We are the Dwarves (-93%)
An action-based tactical adventure with active pause (extreme slowdown of time) placing you in control of three Dwarven astronauts. Take control of Forcer, Smashfist, and Shadow as they explore the unknown territories of the stone universe while meeting new civilizations and ancient monsters from the deep layers of space.

SPACE ACCIDENT (-87%)
An adventure, puzzle-solving and exploration title. The year is 2119. A turning point has begun in the history of space. The moment of the beginning of the colonial development of objects of the solar system. States rapidly began to develop and implement their projects, striving to establish power in yet unexplored space territories. You will not only have to solve difficult puzzles and explore the storyline but also find the intricacies of game mechanics that will allow you to go further. Be attentive to details!

Dofamine (-87%)
A first-person sci-fi puzzle game where you must explore the labyrinth of riddles and investigate the apocalyptic event at the research facility following the experiments with the Higgs boson, or “the God particle”.

NeverSynth (-85%)
A third person game that is a rhythm driving simulator. It’s a dynamic action title in which you have to drive a car to rhythmic music and collect beats. The more beats you collect, the more game points you earn. Immerse yourself in the amazing world of retro wave and synth wave. Driving on an endless highway between skyscrapers and bright sunset will take you to the electronic past.

…and of course many more! Check out the Collection, pick your favorite titles and enjoy the Whale Rock Games goodness on great deals.

When it comes to the aforementioned Frostpunk bargain – for the next 48 hours (until June 23rd, 1 PM UTC) everyone who purchases Frostpunk will receive its The Last Autumn expansion as a GIFT.

Frostpunk is a highly-praised strategy and survival simulator. In its ultimately frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. The city ruler has to manage both the inhabitants and the infrastructure the citizens live in. Leader’s tactical skills face challenges, frequently questioning morality and the basic foundation of what we consider an organized society.

The Last Autumn presents a prequel story set in a new environment not yet covered by snow that allows you to construct the Generator from the ground up to prepare their society for the upcoming winter.

Be sure to claim the GIVEAWAY, check out the Whale Rock Games Collection, grab Frostpunk with a GIFT and… stay tuned for more Summer Sale fun!
Did anyone ever say, "OMG! OMG! A new Whale Rock game! Take my money Whale Rock!"

If so, I would like a word with that person.
Or maybe not.

And no, I don't own any Whale Rock games, but I can read reviews, and I know what an asset flip is.
Post edited June 21, 2023 by GilesHabibula
high rated
Free shit is still shit. No, thank you. Stop peddling this dross already. You're embarrassing yourselves, GOG.
Anyone else remember that one time that many gamers complained about a release, and GOG pulled it before it made it to sale? I wonder why the same scenario isn't playing out this time when it's clear that the majority of people here abhor Whale Rock? Funny huh?
A free game is a free game, but a bad game is a bad game. I have enough games on my library so i can decide what games enlarge the list of the backlog or not.
kai2: Whale Rock and GOG...

... there must be something going on behind-the-scenes.
Well, the game in question has a hammer and sickle on one of those screenshots right next to the 'CCCP' sign.
It doesn't have to mean that, of course (it may be just setting), but I guess it's Chinese "company". It's also make sense why the weird reviews have bad english. I know people that work with Chinese a lot and I know the english sometimes...
It's very specific.

I wouldn't download that just being worry it's a spyware.

There is lots of fishy going on with the GOG. "Officially" or not. I don't like that the company (and CDPR) are fed millions in tax money (Cyberpunk was heavily funded by EU, check CDPR site) but when you report their serious GDPR violations, NONE of the countries representatives regarding control of that won't reply. At all. All EU board countries. Even if those violations are quite severe and some of them going on for years. One country replied, yes.. because they don't have them on market to just say me that. Probably because the country was obviously the only one to even care to reply, so they probably care and maybe it's why. :D

GOG censor anyone (as my personal experience says) who tries to talk about it (anything) and even their lawyer (yes, I tried to contact) won't reply. Getting contact on anyone is almost impossible, even if it's for a legal representative or dealings.
My official GDPRrequest for information where my data are/were shared with (countries and companies) was multiple times directly refused (after the classic long ignore), and just in one they stated they refuse because it's accompany secret what they do with my data.. so yeah.. not my business, I guess... They just told me they cooperate/send data to Google of all places as I recall from top of my head.. and some vague reply about no reply to anything else.

When I requested my personal data, I got link to a place where they probably hang forever online (gog support site) and were only partially encrypted in a zip, when you could still access all filenames (like shared pics on forum) and crossreference them with forum to personaly identify me without any need for password. I tried to download it after some time and I still had access. All you needed was a link.

When they release the bot I asked questions related opting out of data gathering and some privacy policy thing and they never checked that bot before release for any privacy related compliance or security. You could still notice that in the post, if they didn't remove a lot.

When I tried to online just point out that the bot is from heavily funded start-up company dealign with AI, my posts were immediately removed. I still have screenshots for everything and of every post I made and was silently removed.

When I asked (had to) for removal of my profile picture, it's still hanged in their files for a very long time.
When I was insistent enough for anyone to care, they told me it's WordPress related bug (which I never used).

And don't let me start on the years old official reports of security issues from some officialy operating white hat(s) or what not.

I was very heavily censored here. Stopped talking because I was watched basically real time to get silently removed posts. And I was being extremely bombarded by Captcha that barely worked (almost like on purpose) to the point of being unable to log in for some time, when I was trying to start conversation about anything such.

My negative, but on point reviews, were removed (of course, altogether with rating, which was the point) and when I showed them screenshot and called them out on the lies that nothing bad is in it (they said they don't have a copy anymore to prove that), they just dropped it.

Saying that GOG is fishy is extreme understatement. And not just recently. This is going all waaay back.

The fact they associate with this company is given to me.. at this point. And they do good job to make it look like only specific kind of people is here.. but in a way it's true.. because anyone normal already doesn't care about GOG because of these things.

Not buying a thing here anymore and I had huge list of games I wanted to own files for (I deleted all other services with many games and needed to get it here - I dodged a bullet a bit). Gaming for me is dead and I just keep this account on if my disk would fail at this point.

I doubt they would even delete my data even if I would ask. They already didn't.

So yeah...
It makes sense to me.

And this post they made about this company just keeps pilling it on.

Also.. some of games they were giving away for free before were also funded by EU and with.. really specific messages in it.
I just mentioned it in a review and it.. "poofed".

And all the developers had a.. really colored hair.

Just saying that not everything you get for free is free. You just sometimes don't know when your tax money went and that game you are getting is not really a game to begin with.
Haha.. I checked this thread and my post was 'low rated'. then I refreshed and it disappeared.

I was thinking it's not a thing anymore. Probably still flagged by GOG. :D

And sorry for english. I lost so much time with GOG I didn't even bother to check. It will disappear probably anyway.
So, I just typed and sent.
Is this twitter or what?
I don't understand all the negativity here. If the developer is a total scam, why should they risk giving away one of their games? Many critics here and only 8 reviews in English during the last 6 months, most of them lame and highly suspicious.
I take the game to try it and then hit really hard with my negative review if it deserves it.
Thank you developers for taking that risk giving me a game for free.
Ramor_: Haha.. I checked this thread and my post was 'low rated'. then I refreshed and it disappeared.
I was thinking it's not a thing anymore. Probably still flagged by GOG. :D
As usual, GOG did the bare minimum and just hid the button and the rep counter. Doesn't stop the bots from doing their thing.
high rated
No GOG, not even for free.
Not for me. Thanks?
Claimed, thanks! But, according to two different, totally legitimate reviews, it seems "the game is emotional". I don't think I could stand too much emotion in my generic drone-based action game, so I will probably never so much as download it -- and in fact, I had better hide it in my library, so I don't forget to not play it, and get blindsided by emotion later.
The Frospunk promo must involve some kind of error, right? When you try to purchase the set, it says that to buy Frotstpunk with free Last Autumn expansion you need to already own Frostpunk AND the Last Autumn expansion. Nice promo xD
Post edited June 22, 2023 by lubwak
lubwak: The Frospunk promo must involve some kind of error, right? When you try to purchase the set, it says that to buy Frotstpunk with free Last Autumn expansion you need to already own Frostpunk AND the Last Autumn expansion. Nice promo xD
There is a discussion ongoing about this great marketing strategy

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/cant_buy_frostpunkgift_because_i_need_to_own_frostpunk
lubwak: The Frospunk promo must involve some kind of error, right? When you try to purchase the set, it says that to buy Frotstpunk with free Last Autumn expansion you need to already own Frostpunk AND the Last Autumn expansion. Nice promo xD
maxpoweruser: There is a discussion ongoing about this great marketing strategy

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/cant_buy_frostpunkgift_because_i_need_to_own_frostpunk
ah, all right, thanks! I actually started a thread on the Frostpunk forum page, but no reply as of yet.
high rated
Ooh Hell Division! And for free!!
... overpriced.