It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The first Summer Sale game giveaway is here with an action RPG Hellpoint available to claim now and keep forever.

Released less than a year ago, Hellpoint is a dark and challenging game set in a unique sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred. Explore the ruins of Iris Novo space station, discover its gruesome secrets, encounter cruel interdimensional entities, and battle them using dozens of melee and ranged weapons.

Hellpoint giveaway runs until June 16th, 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Remember you can unsubscribe from emails here: https://www.gog.com/account/settings/subscriptions
I don't blame GOG for trying to get something out of the giveaway however, aside from the fact GOG is Literally Hitler of course.
GOG.com: ...
Hellpoint giveaway runs until June 16th, 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Thanks! To me, "AAA" releases are even more interesting than giveaways but free games are obviously appreciated.
Post edited June 14, 2021 by tfishell
high rated
Sachys: I take it the co-op requires galaxy?!
Overall most helpful review by Mawthra states that Galaxy is not needed to multiplayer.
Thank you very much for this free game! It's much appreciated.
Thanks for the freebie, folks. :)
high rated
Breja: Aaand... it's spamlocked again. Thanks, but no thanks.
Ueber: I can't follow you, what do you mean?
I think they mean you need to sign up for marketing communication from GOG.

Basically that means if there's a big sale, they'll e-mail you about it. If something on your wishlist goes on sale they'll e-mail you about it. They'll e-mail you a weekly newsletter with the latest releases / sales and exclusive discount codes. That's the only things you'll ever get.

Basically the kind of stuff that Valve would send you automatically. You're also free to unsubscribe from it at any time.

It's a good thing for everyone, because the more people that hear about what's released or happening on GOG should translate to more sales, and GOG growing is a good thing for all of us. That should mean more games, more acquisitions from major studios, etc.

People who can't understand that, or get their panties in a bunch over some benign marketing e-mails just aren't very smart.
low rated
GOG.com: Hellpoint giveaway runs until June 16th, 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Great, but why does it require marketing spam again? :(

tfishell: Remember you can unsubscribe from emails here: https://www.gog.com/account/settings/subscriptions
I don't blame GOG for trying to get something out of the giveaway however, aside from the fact GOG is Literally Hitler of course.
Remember that whatever scarse amount of data they can get even in "speedrun grade" time window between "claim" and "unsubscribe" is theirs to keep.
Correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be any contact form anywhere to remove whatever data they may have collected.
It is true that there's plenty of people who delude themselves that GOG "cannot" get any data in that slim time window.
But the reality is these things are heavily scripted and they can totally gather some telemetry and other data in even the shortest time window.
Requiring one to give up their privacy in order to get a "free" product is very anti-privacy and immoral...

TomNuke: It's a good thing for everyone,
It's most certainly not a good thing for "everyone".

TomNuke: People who can't understand that, or get their panties in a bunch over some benign marketing e-mails just aren't very smart.
Or they just value their privacy?
Do you want to shame people for their personal choices going as far as implying they are "dumb" ("not very smart") just because they represent choice different than yours?

----
(in before I presumably get bashed and mass-downvoted for my personal choices and refusing to cave into privacy violations)

( edit: due to a "dissappearing posts > double posts MERGED" bug )
Post edited June 14, 2021 by B1tF1ghter
Thank you GOG and devs!
Thank you
What a surprise! Thanks [/>w<]/
Sachys: I take it the co-op requires galaxy?!
Dark_art_: Overall most helpful review by Mawthra states that Galaxy is not needed to multiplayer.
Thanks! Never big on multiplayer but it worked well in dark souls. :)
high rated
Oh, no! ... GOG is emailing me about a game that I have wishlisted being on sale, or a major sale happening on a service I have an account on and shop at?! The absolute horror...

Gotta admit, this forum is just pure comedy sometimes from the tin-foil hat kids, to the winnie the pooh trolls, and the DRM free is dead idiots.
high rated
This isn`t an easy game. You might like it :D

game : /game/hellpoint (to be clicked on main page or galaxy store page)

developer ✌ : https://www.cradlegames.com/ Canadian RPG ^

free first chapter : /game/hellpoint_the_thespian_feast edit: [yes, it is a version of Demo and sequel published before main game]

supporter pack : https://www.gog.com/game/hellpoint_supporter_pack

edit: publisher https://www.tinybuild.com/
Post edited June 14, 2021 by user deleted
Nice giveaway. Thank you very much!
high rated
For backup reasons: Is The Thespian Feast demo chapter available inside the full game? Or is it an exclusive content?
Post edited June 14, 2021 by Glaucos
Thank you for the surprise gift!