It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Wolf I will follow into the storm, to find your heart it’s passion displaced

THE WITCHER COMPOSERS

We have a great privilege and honor to share with you three exceptional game collections prepared by the composers behind The Witcher series. Each one of them has a different musical background, represents a different style, and uses a diverse instrument cast. At the same time, there is something they have in common – the language of perfect harmony and balance in music.

Remember the silky sounds of The Wolf and the Swallow by Mikołaj Stroiński or sublime The Fields Of Ard Skellig by Marcin Przybyłowicz? You can hear both tracks in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. What about the mysterious Dusk of the Northern Kingdom by Adam Skorupa? That's from the Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Check out some of their credits (not only for The Witcher games) in these three collections:

- Collection by Adam Skorupa vel Scorpik
- Collection by Mikołaj Stroiński
- Collection by Marcin Przybyłowicz

Adam Skorupa
One of the most recognizable and awarded Polish composers and sound effect designers. He started composing in 1990 and was an active demoscene contributor, known as Scorpik. In 1997 Adam founded Aural Planet - one of the first Polish electronic music bands focusing on ambient/trance. In 2007 was awarded by IGN for best original video game music to the first part of The Witcher trilogy. He specializes in the comprehensive development of music and sound effects for video games, advertisement spots, and films.

Mikołaj Stroiński
Born in Nairobi, lived in Warsaw (where he grew up), Katowice (where he graduated from the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music), Boston (where he graduated from the Berklee College of Music) and, ultimately, he made Los Angeles his home where he writes and produces music in his own studio. He very much appreciates productions in which music can add a deeper layer to the content. For music helps express emotions that cannot be conveyed through video or dialogue. It contributes to making images and their underlying content multi-dimensional where music can take the audience on an intriguing journey.

Marcin Przybyłowicz
Marcin Przybyłowicz is a Polish composer, best known for his work in video games - his game credits include The Witcher saga (with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as music director), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (as a sound designer), Hard West, and many more.
Did they recommended games which features their music or .....
BeatriceElysia: Did they recommended games which features their music or .....
It seems the games that are recommended indeed has their music in them not to mention there's some good games in there.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
Tomorrow:

The Witcher music composers recommend their favorite snack foods, their favorite late 80s boy bands, and their favorite Transformers.
BeatriceElysia: Did they recommended games which features their music or .....
ChrisGamer300: It seems the games that are recommended indeed has their music in them not to mention there's some good games in there.
Are good games crippled by bad music or are bad games improved by good music?

Sounds like a good funny question.
ChrisGamer300: It seems the games that are recommended indeed has their music in them not to mention there's some good games in there.
BeatriceElysia: Are good games crippled by bad music or are bad games improved by good music?

Sure, good games with atrocious music can easily take you out of the experience and it have happened to me and imo good music can't save a game for me if everything else is poor because then i will listen to the soundtrack somewhere else instead of slogging through the game.
low rated
ChrisGamer300: ...there's some good games in there.
Name two.
Mafwek: Name two.
I know which game CrisGamer is talking to, because I saw the actual games in collection, but I can't really name them because I barely played Witcher 3.
BeatriceElysia: Are good games crippled by bad music or are bad games improved by good music?

ChrisGamer300: Sure, good games with atrocious music can easily take you out of the experience and it have happened to me and imo good music can't save a game for me if everything else is poor because then i will listen to the soundtrack somewhere else instead of slogging through the game.
Sounds like you'll have time of your life on RPG Codex.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
Mafwek: Name two.
Shadow Warrior 2013 was a fun reboot even though i still prefer classic, Painkiller Black is decent, Witcher Series and Ancestor Legacy is good not quite great as you long as you understand it's not a proper RTS game.
its a pleasure to be reminded of Adam Skorupa and Aural Planet again ...

very lovely indeed those old, early electronic (trance) days :D
I own 90% of all three recommendation collections.

I think I finally found the people who share my gaming tastes.
ChrisGamer300: Shadow Warrior 2013 was a fun reboot even though i still prefer classic, Painkiller Black is decent, Witcher Series and Ancestor Legacy is good not quite great as you long as you understand it's not a proper RTS game.
I accept Painkiller and discard Shadow Warrior 2013.

Would you please define me how Ancestors Legacy ain't proper RTS? Does it have high APM micro and economy + multiplayer (those are my requirements of proper RTS)?
misteryo: I own 90% of all three recommendation collections.

I think I finally found the people who share my gaming tastes.
Witcher devs & employers?
Adam Skorupa's list is missing Gorky 17.

EDIT: Not anymore :)
Post edited June 13, 2019 by Frozen
Nice write-up about the composers. I enjoyed reading about them.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by MarianFA