It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's that time of the year again: Speedruns for charity, non-stop until July 1st. All donations go directly to Doctors Without Borders (MSF).

Watch the insane spectacle at gamesdonequick.com.

Plus, here's the schedule to plan what to see in the remaining days of this majestic live stream of speedrun glory.
Post edited June 27, 2018 by chevkoch
chevkoch: It's that time of the year again: Speedruns for charity, non-stop until July 1st. All donations go directly to Doctors Without Borders (MSF).

Watch the insane spectacle at gamesdonequick.com.

Plus, here's the schedule to plan what to see in the remaining days of this majestic live stream of speedrun glory.
Nice, I generally try to watch a couple of runs in any of the American or European speedrun marathons.

So, any particular run you guys look forward to?
Thanks for the advice! I love this event.
There are many other marathons, including:
Power Up with Pride
European Speedrunner Assembly
Games Finished Adequately
Really Long Game-a-Thon
RPG Limit Break

and many others. AGDQ and SGDQ may be the most well known speedrun marathons, but they're not the only ones out there.
dtgreene: There are many other marathons, including:
Power Up with Pride
Really Long Game-a-Thon
RPG Limit Break

and many others. AGDQ and SGDQ may be the most well known speedrun marathons, but they're not the only ones out there.
I also will looking forward to those! thx for the list
dtgreene: There are many other marathons, including:
Power Up with Pride
Really Long Game-a-Thon
RPG Limit Break

nicohvc: I also will looking forward to those! thx for the list
Don't forget that you can find videos of past events on youtube. (Also, my list is not complete; there are many other marathons out there.)
A great event supporting a great charity. I'm looking forward to seeing some people speed-run Minit, due to the game's unique structure (in which you die every 60 seconds).
MightyPinecone: So, any particular run you guys look forward to?
Would watch the majority of it live, if I could make the time :P

But the following peak my interest the most of what's yet to come:

Friday: Golden Axe, Super Mario Bros., Wave Race: Blue Storm, Bionic Commando, Bionic Commando Rearmed (PJ is always fun to watch), Saturday: Super Mario 64 (70 star race), TASBot (F-Zero GX, Super Metroid), I Am Bread, Super Mario Maker (3v3 Blind Level Race), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Again, full schedule is here.

As for speedrunning events, you can always check the upcoming marathon tracker in the sidebar of r/speedrun.
aJillSandwich: A great event supporting a great charity. I'm looking forward to seeing some people speed-run Minit, due to the game's unique structure (in which you die every 60 seconds).
Minit looks really fun. Speedruns already exist, but the game's apparently not run this GDQ.
Just watched PJ run Bionic Commando Rearmed, hilarious AAAAAAAAAAs expected. Two days of speedrun fun left, last couple of minutes the preliminary donation total hit one million dollars! I'll save you a trip to the OP: here's where you need to go.
Post edited June 29, 2018 by chevkoch
Only managed to catch puwexil's FF6 run this year, anyone have any recommendations (other than PJs run)?

I'll probably check out sinister's double dragon II and themexicanrunner's cuphead because those two usually have solid runs, but nothing else on the schedule really jumped out at me.
LongitudinalThrust: Only managed to catch puwexil's FF6 run this year, anyone have any recommendations (other than PJs run)?

I'll probably check out sinister's double dragon II and themexicanrunner's cuphead because those two usually have solid runs, but nothing else on the schedule really jumped out at me.
Here are some that might be worth checking out (though I have so far only seen the first of these):
Mega Man 9 is good to watch.
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa got a great time; it's an NES platformer with the youngest main character in any game to my knowledge (there's a reason some call it "baby game").
Super Mario Bros. 3, from what I understand, is a great example of when things don't go as planned, and where the runners were good sports about it.

You can find GDQ videos on Youtube here, if you don't want to have to dig through twitch VODs to find the run you want to watch (not all are up yet, but the ones I mentioned have already been uploaded):
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick/videos
LongitudinalThrust: Only managed to catch puwexil's FF6 run this year, anyone have any recommendations (other than PJs run)?
I missed most of it live this year; what I'll do after any GDQ is check r/speedrun for recommendations. The Favorite runs megathread seems to be the place to hit right now.