It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: Da hell. This post wasn't put up at all, thanks to that damned rep system. Oh well, maybe I need an extension to always put up an empty quote box.

Well, it's time for another runner-up. Say hello to Downwell.

The current GOG update as said by the library page is "DRMFREE 20161119A", implying a November 2016 release whereas, according to this steam discussion the latest stable update was released in October of 2017. Attempts to reach the developer on steam and twitter had failed.

In fact, the twitter account for @moppin_ doesn't seem to do much other than retweet some tweets every while and then, and that's it. He doesn't even seem to be listening to the users on steam.
It's a shame really, I've recently played it and the game is really good especially considering its price. Too bad they treat GOG customers this way
PookaMustard: Da hell. This post wasn't put up at all, thanks to that damned rep system. Oh well, maybe I need an extension to always put up an empty quote box.

Well, it's time for another runner-up. Say hello to Downwell.

The current GOG update as said by the library page is "DRMFREE 20161119A", implying a November 2016 release whereas, according to this steam discussion the latest stable update was released in October of 2017. Attempts to reach the developer on steam and twitter had failed.

In fact, the twitter account for @moppin_ doesn't seem to do much other than retweet some tweets every while and then, and that's it. He doesn't even seem to be listening to the users on steam.
Ghorpm: It's a shame really, I've recently played it and the game is really good especially considering its price. Too bad they treat GOG customers this way
Then again, the developer is apparently Japanese. Why are the Japanese known for this kind of crap? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to communicate to them and get support like I do with a Western dev.

Also, an interesting thing is that Moppin doesn't have an email address listed anywhere. Neither on GOG, nor Steam, nor Twitter nor his game's page. If anything though, I think I could annoy him on Google Play if he has his email address listed there.

EDIT: Nope, email address is simply Devolver's support email.
Post edited July 12, 2018 by PookaMustard
fronzelneekburm: Apotheon
Is missing the most recent 1.3 patch here, which was released in February '16. No word from the deveoper about when/if they will be released here.
-Patch apparently only fixed some Steam functionality-
That actually fixes some issues for people on laptops with graphics cards that switch between gaming and battery saving. Not sure about the technical term so let's just go with "fixes for laptop users" :)
Ghorpm: It's a shame really, I've recently played it and the game is really good especially considering its price. Too bad they treat GOG customers this way
PookaMustard: Then again, the developer is apparently Japanese. Why are the Japanese known for this kind of crap? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to communicate to them and get support like I do with a Western dev.

Also, an interesting thing is that Moppin doesn't have an email address listed anywhere. Neither on GOG, nor Steam, nor Twitter nor his game's page. If anything though, I think I could annoy him on Google Play if he has his email address listed there.

EDIT: Nope, email address is simply Devolver's support email.
Some time ago I also tried to contact Moppin and I wasn't able to find a single email, so I contacted him on Steam: zero response obviously.
fronzelneekburm: Apotheon
Is missing the most recent 1.3 patch here, which was released in February '16. No word from the deveoper about when/if they will be released here.
-Patch apparently only fixed some Steam functionality-
JudasIscariot: That actually fixes some issues for people on laptops with graphics cards that switch between gaming and battery saving. Not sure about the technical term so let's just go with "fixes for laptop users" :)
In Nvidia's case, you're probably talking about Nvidia Optimus. Not sure what of AMD's namesake. They switch between the dedicated and built-in GPU to do the rendering; with dedicated for graphic-intensive jobs and built-in for everything else. This in theory, saves power.
Post edited July 13, 2018 by PookaMustard
Killerfish games, developers of Cold Waters have this to say about not releasing patches for the GOG version of the game (patch released on Steam three weeks ago):

"We still have a final beta going on for this latest version over on Steam. Once that is released we'll push it out to GOG. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the upload process to GOG is manual and takes a lot of time, hence we're unable to keep it as frequently updated as the Steam version."

Translated: "we'll get around to you after we take care of our Number 1 customers on Steam".
Feels great to be treated a sh*t.
Post edited July 13, 2018 by DhulKarnain
DhulKarnain: Killerfish games, developers of Cold Waters have this to say about not releasing patches for the GOG version of the game (patch released on Steam three weeks ago):

"We still have a final beta going on for this latest version over on Steam. Once that is released we'll push it out to GOG. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the upload process to GOG is manual and takes a lot of time, hence we're unable to keep it as frequently updated as the Steam version."

Translated: "we'll get around to you after we take care of our Number 1 customers on Steam".
Respond back to them with the following points in mind:

- GOG's new DevPortal approach makes the process of uploading new builds automatic
- Galaxy has beta branches that they can use.
DhulKarnain: Killerfish games, developers of Cold Waters have this to say about not releasing patches for the GOG version of the game (patch released on Steam three weeks ago):

PookaMustard: Respond back to them with the following points in mind:

- GOG's new DevPortal approach makes the process of uploading new builds automatic
- Galaxy has beta branches that they can use.
I did point them to DevPortal. They never replied or acknowledged me further in any way.That was 6 days ago.

Cold Waters is a 37€ game that never went or will go on sale. Killerfish reasoning is that they'll update the game with additional campaigns, mechanics, units and fixes, instead of selling us DLC, like other companies. Yet, after we buy their game, then they fuck us GOG users over on the updates part.

It just sucks, man.
Post edited July 13, 2018 by DhulKarnain
DhulKarnain: I did point them to DevPortal. They never replied or acknowledged me further in any way.
That was 6 days ago.
Ah shoot.

Wonder if they'll indeed push the update, or if they were just doing crowd control. Hopefully not the latter.
The base price of current GOG daily deal Stick it to the Man! is 12.19€. The price on Steam and Humble Bundle (DRM-free version + Steam key) is 7.99€.
high rated
PainOfSalvation: The base price of current GOG daily deal Stick it to the Man! is 12.19€. The price on Steam and Humble Bundle (DRM-free version + Steam key) is 7.99€.
Should be fixed now :)
PainOfSalvation: The base price of current GOG daily deal Stick it to the Man! is 12.19€. The price on Steam and Humble Bundle (DRM-free version + Steam key) is 7.99€.
JudasIscariot: Should be fixed now :)
Wow! Really? As easy as that? :O

Errr... I guess I can ask for a partial refund if I bought it earlier today, can't I?
muntdefems: Wow! Really? As easy as that? :O

Errr... I guess I can ask for a partial refund if I bought it earlier today, can't I?
You will need to write to Support about that and see what they say :)
JudasIscariot: You will need to write to Support about that and see what they say :)
Already did it. :P

EDIT: And already got the refund. Thanks, GOG! :D
Post edited July 13, 2018 by muntdefems
There is the same kind of issue with "8-Bit Invaders" which base price is 19.99€ here while being at 14.99€ on Steam (& Humble but it's steam key).
Just saying in case something could be done too ;)
Post edited July 14, 2018 by Splatsch