It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Taken to another level.

<span class="bold">Sublevel Zero Redux</span>, the overhauled version of the neon 6-DoF shooter, brings tons of tweaks and improvements, and is already available as a free update on GOG.com. Plus, you can now grab the game 35% off!

Itching to descend back into that vibrant cyberspace? Look out for all the added functionalities and extra content, including:

- Remastered campaign: An Intro campaign now helps players grasp the core mechanics before all the craziness begins, while the main campaign has also been restructured for a smoother difficulty curve
- 70 new possible room formations add variety to the procedural generation
- Teleporters that help reduce the unnecessary backtracking
- New regular and Elite enemies: There are two completely new foes, plus a dozen elite varieties of existing ones for veteran players to unlock
- New starting classes: The Seeker, which utilizes homing weapons, and the Reaver, an experimental ship designed by an unstable eccentric
- Bestiary: A codex to keep track of the enemies you meet and their unique properties
- Save and Quit functionality gives you the option to restore your session from the beginning of the current level
- VR Support: The game now fully supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- Better optimization for a smoother performance
- French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian localizations added

What are you all still doing here? Jump into your cockpits and check out that awesome new stuff!

The 35% discount on <span class="bold">Sublevel Zero Redux</span> will last until July 20, 5PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 13, 2017 by maladr0Id
Neat! Good reason to get back into it! :P
Will the save files from the regular version work with Redux?
IronArcturus: Will the save files from the regular version work with Redux?
Yep! :)
I just loaded up the Redux game with my current save and it looks like it's not compatible. The menus are all messed up and the stats all say "999." Here are some screenshots:

Update:
I tried loading a level with the 64-bit version and it just crashed. Has this happened to anyone else?
Attachments:
Post edited July 13, 2017 by IronArcturus
I think I got it to work. One has to backup the old game save (<path-to-game>\PlayerData\Save) to another location. Do a full uninstall and reinstall of the game, and then restore the game save. That finally got the game working for me.
Free content updates are always welcome. Thank you!
Oh, it's that pretty game I suck at.

Will my savescumming script from the regular version work with Redux?
I had never noticed this game. How come. Is it roguelike Descent?
Post edited July 13, 2017 by Dogmaus
Starmaker: Oh, it's that pretty game I suck at.

Will my savescumming script from the regular version work with Redux?
Probably :) We've not changed the internals of loading levels, save files etc. BUT, you can also now (except on HARD difficulty) quit at any time and restart at the current level.
Dogmaus: I had never noticed this game. How come. Is it roguelike Descent?
Yes, also much better than the in-development brand-name remake.
Dogmaus: I had never noticed this game. How come. Is it roguelike Descent?
Descent is a huge influence for us - Sublevel is definitely it's own game with lots of unique mechanics, but the core flight and combat is basically our love letter to Descent.
No offense but why is the first time I am hearing about it?
It looks great. Wishlisted.
On the original version of Sublevel Zero, there were about 6 levels in the game. In Redux it only shows 4. Have some of the levels been combined?
Starmaker and the dev, thanks, I am very intrigued. I am still playing (and sucking at) the original Descent games (or the modern port).