It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As much as I'd love to buy Velvet Assassin on gog, I'm afraid it won't arrive here in the near future. Did anyone try the Steam version if it is drm free there?
Woodwine22: As much as I'd love to buy Velvet Assassin on gog, I'm afraid it won't arrive here in the near future. Did anyone try the Steam version if it is drm free there?
You might want to contact Mortius1 on chat and ask him. According to this post (https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_nongog_edition_remastered_redux/post10522), he recently got it from the non-GOG giveaway.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is already on the list for Linux, but it will also work on Windows 10 with the Steam_appid trick (233700). And in case you are wondering, yes, all the 4 DLC classes (Pilgrim, Juggernaut, Necromancer, Healer) are also accessible.
Woodwine22: As much as I'd love to buy Velvet Assassin on gog, I'm afraid it won't arrive here in the near future. Did anyone try the Steam version if it is drm free there?
mrkgnao: You might want to contact Mortius1 on chat and ask him. According to this post (https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_nongog_edition_remastered_redux/post10522), he recently got it from the non-GOG giveaway.
Thanks, i will :)
Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl is DRM Free using the steam_appid.txt trick.

Windows 7
Post edited September 02, 2021 by Crimson-X
A few more client-free steam games:
- Alice - Behind the Mirror
- Alice in Wonderland - Hidden Objects
- Ancient Enemy
- Angkor: Runefall
- Dreamwalker: Never Fall Asleep
- Dungelot : Shattered Lands
- Hidden Object Bundle 4 in 1
- Holiday Bonus GOLD
- Hustle Cat
- Jewel Match Atlantis Solitaire - Collector's Edition
- Jewel Match Solitaire
- Jewel Match Solitaire 2 Collector's Edition
- Jewel Match Solitaire L'Amour
- Jewel Match Solitaire Winterscapes
- Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire
- Plunge
- Spooky Bonus
- Spring Bonus

All tested on Windows 7.
Games tested on a Windows 10 virtual machine that never had Steam installed:

Adorable Crush (app/1266800): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.

Castle of Lust - Hentai Fantasy Game (app/1243270): Use the steam_appid.txt method.

Dream Girls Collection (app/1722770): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.
Something to note: The +18 DLC replaces most arts with very different ones, so keep two back ups of the game, one with and one without the DLC.

Escape from the Princess (app/857080): Linux build tested. Includes Windows executable. Neither Linux or Windows executables require special setting up.

Failed Adventurer (app/1349850): Use the steam_appid.txt method.

Happy Numbers (app/1420830): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.

Hentai Hack-Her (app/1596980): Use the steam_appid.txt method.

King of Halloween (app/1148260): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed. Launch the game from nw.exe.

Neko Beach (app/1630650): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.

NYANCO MINE (app/1435160): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.

Путешествие паладина (app/1250280; "Paladin Quest" according to the game banner): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.

Selenophobia (app/700470): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.
Something to note: Each the Chinese builds have different contents from the English build, so keep a backup of all 3 builds.

Succubus Rem (app/726990): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed. Run either /Succubus Rem/www/index.html or /Succubus Rem/Game.exe. Also, you need to download the game once for each language you want to back up, since each language uses a different build.

Witch Zoe - Hentai Shuffle (app/1261500): Use the steam_appid.txt method.

###################################################################################################

Game tested in an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine that never had Steam installed:

Horny Sekai (app/1624380): Runs right off the bat, no special setting up needed.
Post edited September 06, 2021 by _Auster_
OVIVO is on the list already but only mentions that it's drm free on Linux. I can confirm Windows as well and progress seems to save (it loaded my save file from playing through Steam).

Also Broken Reality (yeah it's on GOG too though Steam version has the soundtrack) works with the STeam launcher. No pecial tricks required.
Post edited September 06, 2021 by Crimson-X
As expected, Psychonauts 2 on Steam works straightaway without the launcher. You don't even have to copy it to another location. You can just play straight from the .exe. It won't force Steam to start.
Post edited September 07, 2021 by Crimson-X
I just test the Age of Wonder 3 from the list :
It runs without steam on my W7 x64.
I launched the main game exe, A pop up openned to say I have to launch through the launcher
Said Ok, the launcher pop itself with the "off line mode" already checked
I did nothing else but play button
The game lauched without errors with Offline mode activated
i played an old save for few minutes without errors

To serve what is usefull..
Hello. I'm new to this forum.

Launchable without Steam client

ATOM RPG: app/552620/

Descenders: app/681280/

Salt and Sanctuary: app/283640/

WHAT THE GOLF?: app/785790/

Tested on Linux.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted is already on the list for Linux, but it will also work on Windows 10, out of the box.

Valfaris will work on Windows 10 with the Steam_appid trick (600130).
Post edited September 10, 2021 by Grargar
Tested the Tales of Arise demo, and unlike Scarlet Nexus, the demo is NOT drm-free.
Both BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut will launch out of the box without the client.

Tested on Windows 10.
Post edited September 13, 2021 by Grargar
I am in the process of literally testing every game I have on Steam (along with trying using the steam_appid.txt file trick). So far, Atari Vault is also on this list. No txt file needed. My library there isn't very large, but I'll keep this post updated.