It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What annoyed me about the end of the prequels is how the Imperial officers just appear out of nowhere, I mean if the Stormtroopers are all clones OK but where did the human officers come from? And if all Stormtroopers aren't clones why do they only recruit humans?
Crosmando: And if all Stormtroopers aren't clones why do they only recruit humans?
Because the Empire is Nazi-Germany, Palpatine is Hitler and Humans are Arians. The Jedi are the Jews and the alien races are meant to do work that humans shouldn't have to do. Just have a look at the word "Storm"trooper, which means "Sturm"truppen (just read the first few phrases about the Sturmabteilung).

Star Wars took quite a few things from Nazi-Germany and WWII.
Elmofongo: HAH even then that lightsaber in the trailer is nothing compared to this:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1487/9818/original.jpg
Sanjuro: The teaser (and the Sith's lightsaber) did not go unnoticed here as well.
Haha. Reminds me of a large lightsaber version of Krull's glaive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDJaBHxt-E0

The circle is now complete. Krull ripped off SW, now SW is ripping off Krull. What will they think of next?
xxxIndyxxx: wow people do like to hate on star wars for no reason. It looked good. The lightsaber is canon and yes it looks like it was made by a noob but that's probably intentional since there aren't really jedi or sith left to teach him or her...
No, it looks like it was made by a 7 year old, it makes no sense having those two small laser beams on the side other than "oh, it looks like a broadsword, coooooool" (said no one ever).
I seriously would like to be in that room where they were discussing ideas...

"So, the double bladed lightsaber was a hit, where do we go from here?"
"Uhm.... I KNOW, I KNOW. What if we make it look like a broadsword?"
"Isn't that the same as a lightsaber just changing the design?"
"Uhm... Not if it has small laser beams on the sides!"
"APPROVED, I'M DRUNK AND I DON'T REALLY CARE, LET'S MAKE A MOVIE!!!"

Can't wait for Episode VIII where the new thing will be something similar to Wolverine claws, the sith made some weird experiments and now someone has small lightsabers inside their fists...

As for the rest of the trailer, i don't consider myself a big fan of SW (and yet i saw every movie and played most of SW games) so all i can say is that it looked great to me, way better than the Jurassic Park trailer...
Post edited November 29, 2014 by Cyraxpt
does anyone here honestly expect a good movie from jj abrams? :D
I'd rather have Uwe Boll direct it, lots of lulz would be generated.
xxxIndyxxx: wow people do like to hate on star wars for no reason. It looked good. The lightsaber is canon and yes it looks like it was made by a noob but that's probably intentional since there aren't really jedi or sith left to teach him or her...
Cyraxpt: No, it looks like it was made by a 7 year old, it makes no sense having those two small laser beams on the side other than "oh, it looks like a broadsword, coooooool" (said no one ever).
I seriously would like to be in that room where they were discussing ideas...

"So, the double bladed lightsaber was a hit, where do we go from here?"
"Uhm.... I KNOW, I KNOW. What if we make it look like a broadsword?"
"Isn't that the same as a lightsaber just changing the design?"
"Uhm... Not if it has small laser beams on the sides!"
"APPROVED, I'M DRUNK AND I DON'T REALLY CARE, LET'S MAKE A MOVIE!!!"

Can't wait for Episode VIII where the new thing will be something similar to Wolverine claws, the sith made some weird experiments and now someone has small lightsabers inside their fists...

As for the rest of the trailer, i don't consider myself a big fan of SW (and yet i saw every movie and played most of SW games) so all i can say is that it looked great to me, way better than the Jurassic Park trailer...
So agreed, that's the vibe I'm getting from this teaser. Sure it's "just" a teaser, and it looks like a fan-made fake, but there it is.
Crosmando: What annoyed me about the end of the prequels is how the Imperial officers just appear out of nowhere, I mean if the Stormtroopers are all clones OK but where did the human officers come from? And if all Stormtroopers aren't clones why do they only recruit humans?
Its been established that the stormtroopers are not the clones. Before Episode 4 The Empire decided to cancel and destroy the clone project since there are clones who were still loyal to the old republic.

I know I was there in Battlefront 2.
dr.zli: does anyone here honestly expect a good movie from jj abrams? :D
Well, bad as the trailer looks, he does have a rather good record so far. Super 8 was really good, the two Star Trek movies were fun too, as long as you accept it's an alternate timeline and remember the Trek movies were never quite like the tv series, Cloverfield is probably the only found footage movie I found tolerable, and even Mission Impossible 3 was decent for a stupid action movie it was aiming for. Abrams is pretty much the only reason I'm willing to give these movies a chance.

Cyraxpt: Can't wait for Episode VIII where the new thing will be something similar to Wolverine claws, the sith made some weird experiments and now someone has small lightsabers inside their fists...
They could go the Final Fantasy VIII way and give us the blastersaber.

Cyraxpt: As for the rest of the trailer, i don't consider myself a big fan of SW (and yet i saw every movie and played most of SW games) so all i can say is that it looked great to me, way better than the Jurassic Park trailer...
That's not hard, the Jurassic World trailer is laughable, looks like a Godzilla crossover with Twilight level CGI.
Post edited November 29, 2014 by Breja
dr.zli: does anyone here honestly expect a good movie from jj abrams? :D
Breja: Well, bad as the trailer looks, he does have a rather good record so far. Super 8 was really good, the two Star Trek movies were fun too, as long as you accept it's an alternate timeline and remember the Trek movies were never quite like the tv series, Cloverfield is probably the only found footage movie Ifound tolerable, and even Mission Impossible 3 was decent for a stupid action movie it was aiming for. Abrams is pretty much the only reason I'm willing to give these movies a chance.
I find his movies bland, uninspiring and made only for the summer fun. Popcorn, soda and a fun night at the movies. Afterwards, you forget everything. I don't think SW is like that with its reputation and all :D
Working on this teaser must've been stressful. Its maker had to take a break for a smoke to calm his nerves.
gamefood: I like that cute girl on that big flying fridge ♥.♥
011284mm: Good, to hear. I bet we will get to see a lot of her as she spends half a film begging her dad to let her fly the Millennium Falcon.
Looking at her I see the whole Princess Leia thing.

I was never much of a Star Wars / Star Trek fanatic, but this really could end up being something to want to watch. If nothing else, we might actually get to see a stormtrooper with personality. That will be good.
Ah Solos daughter, alright :)
I could have guess that; if someone can fly with something that don't wanna fly than the Solo family can.
HiPhish: I love how the very first Storm Trooper ever we see without helmet is a black guy. It's like Disney is screaming "look at us, we're not racist, we have black friends too you know".
Would you have called them racist if there was only white dudes in a teaser on a tunisia-like planet ?

My thought was that it hinted at a whole arc on the clones and the fett family (I am sure that was grandpa fett !).

Edit : And to be honest I am not really sure what is the time gap between everything, not that I am into that to begin with.
Post edited November 29, 2014 by Potzato
Elmofongo: Like my Brother :P
RandomJC: Since Disney owns Star Wars...will we have a lightsaber keyblade...
Like this?
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/15/52/92b795cb6c93a4fbf3f265ba4b98222b.jpg

But I seriously would prefer this badass:
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/80/85/28052e733ba2533a2a237f351d5e5199.gif
RandomJC: Since Disney owns Star Wars...will we have a lightsaber keyblade...
Asturaetus: Like this?
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/15/52/92b795cb6c93a4fbf3f265ba4b98222b.jpg

But I seriously would prefer this badass:
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/80/85/28052e733ba2533a2a237f351d5e5199.gif
Hehehe, Thanks for the laughs.

This lasercrossblade thing is really beyond ridiculous (from a sanity far far away I even dare say). I would have expected them to maintain some kind of fuzzy artistic license on the whole lightsaber thing, but nope they are breaking new grounds.
real.geizterfahr: Because the Empire is Nazi-Germany, Palpatine is Hitler and Humans are Arians. The Jedi are the Jews and the alien races are meant to do work that humans shouldn't have to do. Just have a look at the word "Storm"trooper, which means "Sturm"truppen (just read the first few phrases about the Sturmabteilung).

Star Wars took quite a few things from Nazi-Germany and WWII.
And it makes one wonder, why they kept stormtroopers still around 30 years after defeat of Empire. It is not my original thought it comes from someone else on internet but why would New Republic keep the exact same armed forces with the same armor, symbol of the old oppresive Empire?
Post edited November 29, 2014 by Vitek