It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elmofongo: Well that plot element better live up, because technically I have the BEST Father and Son relationship already. Its called Lone Wolf and Cub ;)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/6/67663/2790704-01_cropped.jpg
thats a comic
i said on tv
snowkatt: ..oh yes

i always felt worf and alexander were kinda tacked on and the writers never knew what to do with alexander

you wil see jake grow up through those 7 seasons of DS9 and the relationship with his father is a constant
he doesnt feel tacked on like wesley or any of the other kids
jake and nog are as much a part of DS9 as kira odo and dax are
Elmofongo: Well that plot element better live up, because technically I have seen the BEST Father and Son relationship story already. Its called Lone Wolf and Cub ;)

Snowkatt isn't kidding. You would never know they were not related. It is a fantastic bond those two actors have.
Elmofongo: Well that plot element better live up, because technically I have the BEST Father and Son relationship already. Its called Lone Wolf and Cub ;)

snowkatt: thats a comic
i said on tv
Still it tells a story of a Father and Son?

When it comes to that You can't beat Lone Wolf and Cub in that field ;)
darthspudius: Snowkatt isn't kidding. You would never know they were not related. It is a fantastic bond those two actors have.
and e arent telling you more because you have to see it for your self
but it was already there from the start
and it only gets better through the series and at the end jake isa young man who makes his own choices and will start his own life
and we have seen him along the way

Elmofongo: Still it tells a story of a Father and Son?

it tells a story of father and son in a alien place with a war backdrop and the son wanting to follow his own path which goes against the ideas of his father
but above all his father still supports him
and its quite clear his father loves his son deeply and that shines on screen

cirroc lofton and avery brooks fucking nail it each and every time they are on screen together
and when its all said and done mayeb lone wolf and cub wont be regarded by you as the best father and son story anymore eh ?
Post edited July 18, 2015 by snowkatt
darthspudius: Snowkatt isn't kidding. You would never know they were not related. It is a fantastic bond those two actors have.
snowkatt: and e arent telling you more because you have to see it for your self
and it only gets better through the series and at the end jake isa young man who makes his own choices and will start his own life

Elmofongo: Still it tells a story of a Father and Son?

snowkatt: it tells a story of father and son in a alien place with a war backdrop and the son wanting to follow his own path which goes against the ideas of his father

cirroc lofton and avery brooks fucking nail it each and every time they are on screen together
and when its all said and done mayeb lone wolf and cub wont be regarded by you as the best father and son story anymore eh ?
So questions:

1. Did O'Brian always had a more accented speech? He sounded "American" in TNG if I remember correctly?

2. So this series utilizes CG? Obviously some sequences will look dated but does it at least utilizes it to tell the stories and elements proper? For Example I saw this character Odo who appearently can liquify himself.
snowkatt: and e arent telling you more because you have to see it for your self

it tells a story of father and son in a alien place with a war backdrop and the son wanting to follow his own path which goes against the ideas of his father

Elmofongo: So questions:

1. Did O'Brian always had a more accented speech? He sounded "American" in TNG if I remember correctly?

2. So this series utilizes CG? Obviously some sequences will look dated but does it at least utilizes it to tell the stories and elements proper? For Example I saw this character Odo who appearently can liquify himself.
Yes they use CGI for some things. It looks primitive to start with but does improve as the series goes on. Like most of the FX.

o brien always had an accent i think
its just that he is a main character now you notice it more
since he has something more to say then co ordinates locked captain

there is quite a bit of CGI and its on a 1990's tv budget ( about 2 to 4 million per episode ) so it looks quite rough
but babylon 5's SFX look even worse
and you will soon get used to it

snowkatt: o brien always had an accent i think
its just that he is a main character now you notice it more
since he has something more to say then co ordinates locked captain

there is quite a bit of CGI and its on a 1990's tv budget ( about 2 to 4 million per episode ) so it looks quite rough
but babylon 5's SFX look even worse
and you will soon get used to it
Bab 5 looked fucking horrific if I'm honest lol.
darthspudius: Bab 5 looked fucking horrific if I'm honest lol.
when i watched it last year i went mein eyes 1 the goggles they do nothing !!

it really looks like a poorly made video game
its still a great series but the special effects are really dated
snowkatt: when i watched it last year i went mein eyes 1 the goggles they do nothing !!

I have never been a fan but I like their stories. The graphics however, they were too poor to take seriously back then. Never mind now haha.
snowkatt: when i watched it last year i went mein eyes 1 the goggles they do nothing !!

OK Deep Space 9 now sucks forever. Sisko is in a beach with who I assume is his dead wife all sexy in that bikini :P

(OK I really obviously don't mean that just could they have used a better introduction of his wife in the past other than a Beach? It make sense if Sisko appeared as a Teen)
Post edited July 18, 2015 by Elmofongo

Elmofongo: OK Deep Space 9 now sucks forever. Sisko is in a beach with who I assume is his dead wife all sexy in that bikini :P

(OK I really obviously don't mean that just could they have used a better introduction of his wife in the past other than a Beach? It make sense if Sisko appeared as a Teen)
Get use to those scenes. They're not so bad second time round. :P
darthspudius: I have never been a fan but I like their stories. The graphics however, they were too poor to take seriously back then. Never mind now haha.
yeah they are very rough now
Ds9's special effects are a bti creaky too but still respectable

course babylon 5 only had 900,000 to wotk with for each episode DS 9 had 2 to 4 million per episode
Elmofongo: OK Deep Space 9 now sucks forever. Sisko is in a beach with who I assume is his dead wife all sexy in that bikini :P

darthspudius: Get use to those scenes. They're not so bad second time round. :P
So far I really think Sisko's way of speech is so...professional, so civil. I like it. Already I like SIsko.

And his voice also reminds me of Keith David in way. (You might know him as Captain Anderson from Mass Effect)
darthspudius: Get use to those scenes. They're not so bad second time round. :P
Elmofongo: So far I really think Sisko's way of speech is so...professional, so civil. I like it. Already I like SIsko.

And his voice also reminds me of Keith David in way. (You might know him as Captain Anderson from Mass Effect)
As a straight man, I will not deny the fact I think he sounds very sexy. He talks (and even shouts) so smooth, it is just kind of calming in a weird little way. I'v always liked Brooks as an actor. He never got upto much unfortunately.
darthspudius: I have never been a fan but I like their stories. The graphics however, they were too poor to take seriously back then. Never mind now haha.
snowkatt: yeah they are very rough now
Ds9's special effects are a bti creaky too but still respectable

course babylon 5 only had 900,000 to wotk with for each episode DS 9 had 2 to 4 million per episode
The green screen on DS9's debut episode is quite amusing. it is very very bad.
Post edited July 18, 2015 by darthspudius