It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: A crazy thing happened this weekend; I actually downloaded, installed and...PLAYED...a game I got during the sale! Madness, I know.
*snip*
F&*k off! :P

I'm sure many others will agree that the point of buying games during these sales is to collect games, not play them!

*admires my shiny shelf* Ahhh the pleasures...*rubs fingers on rusty spoon* I must find the perfect game...and collecting them seems to be it! :D

I've made a pact with myself that I am not to purchase games or accept gifts of games until I actually get some seriously solid playing time in :) Genkicolleen had me semi-break that oath already by gifting me a 90% off coupon for Conquest of Elysium 3 on Steam, which also breaks my other oath to stop supporting Steam to the extent I do.

One of these days I'm going to have to have a word with myself about honesty and oaths, lest I have to change my title to Oathbreaker and have a novel written about me. Coincidentally I happen to have one of the novels in that series, which adorns my pile of 'unread bargain second hand books' and almost rivals my collection of 'bargain unplayed computer games' and my collection of 'bargain incomplete beautiful puzzles' and...hmm I'm starting to notice a pattern here :)
LynetteC: I found that having a tablet came in very handy as you can carry it ANYWHERE, if you c atch my drift! lol Not to mention it was handy to have it sitting at the side of my desk at work where I could sneak a peek and snag a code or ten when the boss wasn't looking! :-)
IAmSinistar: Yes indeed, my tablet got plenty of use during the sale! I had recently bought a bed-desk off of Etsy and I used it to keep the tablet propped beside while eating meals. Thus I could follow the sale even when away from the computer. :)
A question about tablets and this site; I can't open the pulldown menu for the 'my account' page on my tablet (due to no mouseover effect).
Normally that's no problem but whenever I get a red marker next to the 'my account' button and I'm using my tablet, I can't immediately see what the marker is for (I have to go to the account page, see if there are any updates, then check if I got any messages and then check if there are any forum replies).
Does anyone know of a quicker way to check this on tablets?
Gnostic: Know that Stardock is developing Galactic Civ 3 and should be releasing the beta soon.

You may want to hold on purchasing Civ3 yet

I mail to see if they will release the title on GOG.

I wonder if I buy from the dev early I can choose it to come to GOG or not
Red_Frog: Brad Wardell has, unfortunately, made it painfully clear they intend to poison it with Steamworks, and release nowhere else. A shame for sure, not really anything we can do. It's his game so he gets to decide whose money he doesn't want. I'm just keeping my head up and looking forward to GalCiv IV, hopefully it won't be locked into Steam.
Yeah I got this reply to Civ3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

Everything we distribute now will be via Steam.

Please let us know if you should have any further questions/concerns.

-
Sean Drohan
Support Manager

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: DBF-636-21302
Department: Galactic Civilizations III
Type: Issue
Priority: Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess they don't like my money so much. Maybe after a year, when I can finish my massive ever growing backlog......
skimmie: A question about tablets and this site; I can't open the pulldown menu for the 'my account' page on my tablet (due to no mouseover effect).
Normally that's no problem but whenever I get a red marker next to the 'my account' button and I'm using my tablet, I can't immediately see what the marker is for (I have to go to the account page, see if there are any updates, then check if I got any messages and then check if there are any forum replies).
Not really, if you can't get the dropdown to appear without also activating the link.Checking the forum first might be the easiest initial step though, since it displays whether you have replies or not right at the start. If you don't, or the number is sufficient to account for the red numeral, then check your shelf and your messages. Given the general frequency of posts over updates and PMs, statistically it seems more likely it will a reply. Unless you're not a frequent poster, in which case it will be one of the others.
skimmie: A question about tablets and this site; I can't open the pulldown menu for the 'my account' page on my tablet (due to no mouseover effect).
IAmSinistar: Not really, if you can't get the dropdown to appear without also activating the link.Checking the forum first might be the easiest initial step though, since it displays whether you have replies or not right at the start. If you don't, or the number is sufficient to account for the red numeral, then check your shelf and your messages. Given the general frequency of posts over updates and PMs, statistically it seems more likely it will a reply. Unless you're not a frequent poster, in which case it will be one of the others.
Ok, thanks! I'll just have to change my viewing habits then.
Usually I start in my game slibrary (more out of habit than anything else)...
I sometimes get these things to work by long-pressing the button, and then *closing* the menu that the browser shows. That's about the only option you have, though.
Tekkaman-James: A crazy thing happened this weekend; I actually downloaded, installed and...PLAYED...a game I got during the sale! Madness, I know.
*snip*
Tarnicus: F&*k off! :P

I'm sure many others will agree that the point of buying games during these sales is to collect games, not play them!

*snip*

Coincidentally I happen to have one of the novels in that series, which adorns my pile of 'unread bargain second hand books' and almost rivals my collection of 'bargain unplayed computer games' and my collection of 'bargain incomplete beautiful puzzles' and...hmm I'm starting to notice a pattern here :)
That sounds an awful lot like myself! You must have been looking over my shoulder at my pile of stuff! Although I would also add unused computer equipment still in original boxes with shrink wrap still on. I do my best to ignore the cast offs from older systems still littering my computer room! lol
OMG! Get the defibrillator! I got this 'som 14 Thread! DON'T WORRY!
Soccorro: OMG! Get the defibrillator! I got this 'som 14 Thread! DON'T WORRY!
This thread may close its eyes from time to time, but no Insomnia thread ever truly sleeps. :)
high rated
IAmSinistar: This thread may close its eyes from time to time, but no Insomnia thread ever truly sleeps. :)
Or dies ;-)
Soccorro: OMG! Get the defibrillator! I got this 'som 14 Thread! DON'T WORRY!
IAmSinistar: This thread may close its eyes from time to time, but no Insomnia thread ever truly sleeps. :)
someone said sleep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZM8zXEYZE

or die ?
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBRsr7AAVbo[/url]
Post edited June 12, 2014 by mc_leod
txnca: That sounds an awful lot like myself! You must have been looking over my shoulder at my pile of stuff! Although I would also add unused computer equipment still in original boxes with shrink wrap still on. I do my best to ignore the cast offs from older systems still littering my computer room! lol
I got rid of my ridiculous pile of assorted computer parts in 2010, along with almost everything else I owned. Ironically, quite a few of those parts would have come in handy since but the freedom of no house and no stuff was just too alluring :)
mc_leod: someone said sleep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZM8zXEYZE

or die ?
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBRsr7AAVbo[/url]
Now that is a classic insomniac moment right there! You failed to put in the URL for the second video (yes Metal will never die!) so it loops back to this page. Brilliantly done! lol
Post edited June 12, 2014 by Tarnicus
txnca: That sounds an awful lot like myself! You must have been looking over my shoulder at my pile of stuff! Although I would also add unused computer equipment still in original boxes with shrink wrap still on. I do my best to ignore the cast offs from older systems still littering my computer room! lol
Tarnicus: I got rid of my ridiculous pile of assorted computer parts in 2010, along with almost everything else I owned. Ironically, quite a few of those parts would have come in handy since but the freedom of no house and no stuff was just too alluring :)
Same been build a pc on my end but have been collecting part for two years with spare cash. Still need liquid cooling uit, video and sound cards, memory and blue ray and hdd

Now lets just see if there will be a summer insomnia sale
Post edited June 12, 2014 by Necross
Tarnicus: I got rid of my ridiculous pile of assorted computer parts in 2010, along with almost everything else I owned. Ironically, quite a few of those parts would have come in handy since but the freedom of no house and no stuff was just too alluring :)
Necross: Same been build a pc on my end but have been collecting part for two years with spare cash. Still need liquid cooling uit, video and sound cards, memory and blue ray and hdd

Now lets just see if there will be a summer insomnia sale
There is now a Summer insomnia sale disguised as a DRM free summer sales
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/2014_drmfree_summer_sale_begins_now/post1

In regards to this
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/2014_drmfree_summer_sale_begins_now/post129
There is 17 days for this promo which translated to 17 X 24 = 408 hours

GOG unlock 6 games every hour so 408 X 6 = 2448 titles

Current GOG put up 700 games for sales so 2448 / 7 = 3.5 rounds give or take.

So I guess after GOG exhaust 700 games after 3 to 4 days, GOG will refresh another round of games for promo?

We may need another tracker for this if the second round games come in a specific order like the insomnia.
Post edited June 13, 2014 by Gnostic
Awesome! Just picked up all the D&D titles at 80% off! I've had all of them on my wish list and now I've got them all! Way to go GOG!