It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wing Commander, Starpoint Gemini 2, X series, and more up to -75%!

Are you in space? We're in space. Space. So much space. Wanna go to space?
Well, there've been quite a few neat options this week, thanks to StarCrawlers, Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Planet Nomads. But today EVERSPACE™ jumped out of In Development space and straight into our solar system, so we had to make some extra space for a <span class="bold">space-themed sale</span>. SPAAAAAAACE!

Start your travels with the legendary Wing Commander series, still hailed by space pilots the galaxy over as masterpieces of space shooting and FMV storytelling. Then perfect your 6DoF combat skills by venturing into Descent: Underground and when you're ready to try your hand at space domination, get yourself acquainted with the X and X3 games.

The <span class="bold">Lots of Space Sale</span> will last until May 28, 10 PM UTC.
The Wing Commander games are just epic. :D
Out of curiosity, if I bought X Rebirth Home Of Light Complete or whatever it's called, does that all come as one download/install, or would it be possible to play the original X Rebirth without the expanions (just for comparison purposes, since everyone says HoL is such a massive improvement).
Themken: For those of you owning a joystick, or willing to get one, I recommend Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos.
HereForTheBeer: Seconded.
Thirded. When it first went on sale last week, the incredible intro video is what got me to buy it, so I'll post it here for anyone else who is curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8P_27BnQA
Post edited May 27, 2017 by SpiderFighter
BlackMageJ: Out of curiosity, if I bought X Rebirth Home Of Light Complete or whatever it's called, does that all come as one download/install, or would it be possible to play the original X Rebirth without the expanions (just for comparison purposes, since everyone says HoL is such a massive improvement).
The DLC installers are separate, in Galaxy they can be disabled as well, it is possible to just install the base game.
Between this and the RPG sale I can see GoG is looking to restock my backlog before Summer Sale even starts. Well played GoG, well played.

Now to debate whether to wait a bit or go a tiny bit crazy.
Of the X series, which one is the most beginner friendly?
SpiderFighter: the incredible intro video is what got me to buy it
Have you checked out the intro video for the original I-War? I still rate that as one of the greatest of all time.
ZaineH: Of the X series, which one is the most beginner friendly?
X2 the Threat
Improved mostly everything over X-BTF and X-Tension, but had yet to reach the over complexity of the X3 series

With graphics maxed out, it still looks pretty decent today (in space... cutscenes models were terrible even at the time); runs with no issues on modern systems, HOTAS are fully supported, gamepads could work with some mapping software help
ZaineH: Of the X series, which one is the most beginner friendly?
Antaniserse: X2 the Threat
Improved mostly everything over X-BTF and X-Tension, but had yet to reach the over complexity of the X3 series

With graphics maxed out, it still looks pretty decent today (in space... cutscenes models were terrible even at the time); runs with no issues on modern systems, HOTAS are fully supported, gamepads could work with some mapping software help
Thank you!
Cool, but I already have them all. I've used my keyboard to play these games. While a joystick is undoubtedly more fun to use, you don't actually need one in order to enjoy these games...except with the first Wing Commander games. With early games like that you really need a stick.
Post edited May 27, 2017 by Ricky_Bobby
Strange . No Homeworld Remastered Collection on the discounted games list .
Painted_Doll: Strange . No Homeworld Remastered Collection on the discounted games list .
Quite a lot of games with a space theme are missing from the sale but it is almost always like this. Not all game publishers always feel ready for a sale whenever GOG wants to have a themed sale where their game(s) would fit in.
Dad, are you space? Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn1oQL9sWg
SpiderFighter: the incredible intro video is what got me to buy it
Shadowcat: Have you checked out the intro video for the original I-War? I still rate that as one of the greatest of all time.
Actually, I haven''t. I guess I didn't realize I owned it, so I've been playing I-War 2. Should I play the other one first?
SpiderFighter: Actually, I haven''t. I guess I didn't realize I owned it, so I've been playing I-War 2. Should I play the other one first?
The original game is well worth playing (although it has a couple of brutally hard missions which I would honestly have no qualms about cheating my way past... if I'd only known that was possible back in the day!).

However they're notably different games, all things considered; so if you're already in the middle of I-War 2 then I'd suggest you just carry on, and come back to the original afterwards.
Post edited May 29, 2017 by Shadowcat