It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
Alan Wake was the game that made me sit up and truly take notice of GOG, finally the PC could be (potentially) platform I could believe in again, that could actually bring some modern games without the DRM infection...

Sad it's going, and that GOG's never truly lived up to my hopes for it as a service.
klappis: Is this Soundtrack coming with the Steam version any good?
If you like the game's score or any of the music provided by Poets of the Fall/Old Gods of Asgard. If you only like the music you hear as each episode of the game closes out, then probably not.

Example of the former
GOG.com: Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
FairyKary: give keys !!
What?
Goodbye sweet prince.
Still have some hours until end of the promo, so I have a question: would this game work on intel HD530? Because it says on game page, that integrated graphics aren't supported.
MarkoH01: The bonus material you have posted in your screenshot seems to be identical with the one on Steam since Remedy has added the additional bonus material for free for users of the game on steam.
Concerning that free bonus material DLC on Steam, I've made a potentially interesting observation. Here's what I've posted on Steam in reply to a question about unactivated Steam keys:

"After activating a Humble Bundle key yesterday, when looking at the active DLCs for Alan Wake, I've noticed that the free "Alan Wake Bonus Material" DLC wasn't listed as "owned" or "active" on Steam. Only after visiting the Steam page of said (free) DLC and clicking the green button ("Purchase", "Start", "Play", whatever) it got listed as an "owned" DLC.

Here's the problem:
When a game gets taken off Steam, the corresponding Steam (shop) page usually gets deleted, so there won't be a green button to activate that free DLC anymore."
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Rise-T
copyright stupidity strikes again.

[this is about the songs in the game losing their licenses, not about the game itself.]

i know big companies would hate it, but we really, really need to do something about the current copyright system, because it is ridiculous.
MarkoH01: The bonus material you have posted in your screenshot seems to be identical with the one on Steam since Remedy has added the additional bonus material for free for users of the game on steam.
Rise-T: Concerning that free bonus material DLC on Steam, I've made a potentially interesting observation. Here's what I've posted on Steam in reply to a question about unactivated Steam keys:

"After activating a Humble Bundle key yesterday, when looking at the active DLCs for Alan Wake, I've noticed that the free "Alan Wake Bonus Material" DLC wasn't listed as "owned" or "active" on Steam. Only after visiting the Steam page of said (free) DLC and clicking the green button ("Purchase", "Start", "Play", whatever) it got listed as an "owned" DLC.

Here's the problem:
When a game gets taken off Steam, the corresponding Steam (shop) page usually gets deleted, so there's won't be a green button to activate that free DLC anymore."
While slightly inconveniant indeed, there is kind of a fix for that.

I'd imagine you can just use the command line to install the package. It's how it normally works. As it's free it should just install (and thus link) even after the page is gone. A quick glance at the steamdb page tells me it's '' steam://install/268560 '' or just click the install icon in the top right of the steamdb page below. (which is the same command anyway)

The steamdb pages stay open, so should do the trick even in the future. But I can't test it right now.

Edit: You can run commands in a browser, Windows + R or in your windows file exporer.

https://steamdb.info/app/268560/subs/
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Evixios
Evixios: While slightly inconveniant indeed, there is kind of a fix for that.

I'd imagine you can just use the command line to install the package. It's how it normally works. As it's free it should just install (and thus link) even after the page is gone. A quick glance at the steamdb page tells me it's '' steam://install/268560 '' or just click the install icon in the top right of the steamdb page below. (which is the same command anyway)

The steamdb pages stay open, so should do the trick even in the future. But I can't test it right now.

Edit: You can run commands in a browser, Windows + R or in your windows file exporer.

Hey, that's interesting. I wasn't even aware that one is able to install Steam packages via command line. Thanks for filling that knowledge gap.
I just bought the game given the fact that it's going to part away forever. I have played it many years ago, by the way, the pirated version admittedly. In fact, I'd more like to get Max Payne 1 and 2 on GOG but they have not yet appeared here albeit in the community wish forum.

In fact I found Alan Wake a boring game with repetitive level design and gunplay, although the gunplay is really solid. But its story is really where it shines, even for a person like me who doesn't have an interest in psychologic horror with a parallel universe setting.
lostwolfe: copyright stupidity strikes again.

[this is about the songs in the game losing their licenses, not about the game itself.]

i know big companies would hate it, but we really, really need to do something about the current copyright system, because it is ridiculous.
And what exactly could we do? I don't know if it is the same with games but at least in movies/series the reason for licensing problems often is the music industry wanting their share and demanding a much too high license fee. If this should be the case with games as well I don't see how someone could prevent this since there is not much you can do against greed.
Anyone got a copy to spare? I wish I could buy the game right now
Evixios: While slightly inconveniant indeed, there is kind of a fix for that.

Rise-T: Hey, that's interesting. I wasn't even aware that one is able to install Steam packages via command line. Thanks for filling that knowledge gap.
It's also interesting that you are able to download DLCs (like soundtracks, artbooks ect.) using the command line without having to download the game as well.
Sweet dreams, Alan. You're safe from copyright nightmares in my library now.
Bought it right now - 2 minutes before Alan Wake goes extinct :)