It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Save big on hourly Flash Deals, build your games library with GOG Connect and save up to 90% on classics, modern greats, and indie gems.

UPDATE: All flash deal games are now part of the lineup and will remain available until Monday, September 10th, 10 pm UTC. Grab them now, while the Back to School sale is still in session!

The school bell rings out once more, ushering in the start of another term. It’s not the only bell ringing, however! At GOG.COM, the DRM-free storefront with a distinction in classic video games, the sales bell is ringing once again.

GOG Connect allows Steam users to join the DRM-free gaming movement by connecting their accounts to GOG.COM, receiving DRM-free copies of eligible Steam games! We'll be offering the following titles initially, with more added as the week goes on:

● Shadowrun Returns
● MDK
● King of Dragon Pass
● For the Glory
● Tempest

If speedy flash deals aren't for you, tons of games will still be discounted throughout the entirety of the sale. We’ll be offering a range of modern greats, indie gems, and cult classics, as well as straight up, top of the class, classics. As ever, GOG will be filled with discounts on big titles such as Battletech, Dungeon Keeper, Torment: Tides of Numenera and much more.

With over 500 deals and savings up to 90%, there’s plenty on offer for every type of gamer. The Back To School Sale ends September 10th, 10 pm UTC.
The deals aren't bad, I managed to pick up a number of things. Can any blues answer if we are getting any new (to GOG at least) games at all this week?
I noticed a couple of games so I thought I'd post about them:

Battle Chasers and The Dwarves are not on sale, but their deluxe upgrade packages are, which can only mean that the base games will be on offer as flash deals.

More so, Battle Chasers might end up being offered at -65% discount, seeing how the upgrade is at 61%, while The Dwarves might end up at -75% -80%, seeing how the upgrade is at 75%.

Also, most of THQ Nordic's is on sale, except for Battle Chasers, The Dwarves, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Darksiders II. Which means that Ori and Darksiders II will also be offered as flash deals.
greeklover: EDIT : knights of pen and paper +1 was connected successfully

gixgox: Thank you, GOG for the connected "Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition".
greeklover: I connected king of dragon pass but knights of pen and paper +1 don't appear as "connectable" even though it is in my steam library. Does it matter that I own the deluxier edition? It shouldn't because the basecgame and the dlc appear separately in the library. I will try again later. If it doesn't work, should I contact gog support?
It seems there is a steam glitch. I tried to buy the Deluxier Ed. ,but steam told me that I already own it. But I see only the +1 edition in my library .
The GOG version I got is the base game (+1 edition).
Maybe GOG support has an answer for you.
trusteft: I don't get it GOG. Why don't you give us the option to not show games we already own?
This
Enebias: Also... seeing Shadow Tactics going away is making me suffer. Too broke. Grrrr.
This is not going to help you feel better at all, but… it’s truly a *great* game ;P
Even better than the first Desperados in my eyes.
low rated
Fuck your stupid Flash Deals GOG, just give me the best sale price for the full duration of the sale.

The only thing these hourly deals do, is make me ignore everything you have on sale.

I'm not buying anything from GOG site, while any flash deals are available.
I can't find the timer for the daily highlights of the current back to school promo. Also, if I buy a game do I have to pay for it within the timer or do I only need to check out within timer and can transfer payment after timer has run out?
How does Dragon Age: Origins compare to games like Oblivion?
IronArcturus: How does Dragon Age: Origins compare to games like Oblivion?
Total different type of game.
Like Homeworld vs. HeroesOfMightAndMagic. :D
Cavalary: Back to school? Not 10 year anniversary? That's odd... Really odd.
(...)
Well, shouldn´t the AnniSale have been on 1stAugust?
They didn´t use that date, therefore well, they could just transform any other sale into the AnniSale or just do a seperate one. Or maybe just no sale at all, but an incredible release or announcement instead.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by RadonGOG
DA:O is a party-based CRPG, similar to Baldur's Gate.

Oblivion is a first-person action-RPG sandbox.
muntdefems: I'm more disappoint by the fact that I got it recently at 70% off as a Daily Deal.

And I've only played the first level so far. :\
Yeah well, I bought Elex for half-off two months ago, and I still haven't played the damn thing... and now it's $5 less. *grumble grumble* My own damn fault though. That said, I'm much less likely to buy games these days that I don't plan on playing shortly after, so that's a good trend for me. On the flipside, that makes me ignore my mountainous backlog as I keep playing games I just bought rather than the ones that have been waiting to be played for years. ;)
It's like Divinity Original Sin (or 2) vs Skyrim, two good games with little in common in their style. In the case of DAO, it's a pausable real time 3rd person team like Baldur's Gate, while Oblivion is a 1st person action-rpg...

That said, imho, both are worth playing so if you like classic rpgs like Baldur's Gate, for the price of the sale is a must.

Now, about the flash sales...i hate it. I do not think that we are going to get much more discount that the usual one for the same usual games, so having to be around here the whole day waiting for sales to end and see the next games discounted is a pain, and this is going to last a whole week...omg. Do you realize that not only school is back, but it's the worst week of the year for those of us who come back (to work!) from holidays?

I really prefer normal sales...these days (the stars seem out of reach...), even more.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by Kakarot96
UhuruNUru: Fuck your stupid Flash Deals GOG, just give me the best sale price for the full duration of the sale.

The only thing these hourly deals do, is make me ignore everything you have on sale.

I'm not buying anything from GOG site, while any flash deals are available.
No, screw that.
It's people like you that ruined the fun that Steam sales used to be.

Bring on the flash deals, GOG and the crazy deals in stuff like your Insomnia sales. I'll take full advantage of them until my credit card melts.
Mafwek: Not sure this is the sale I need, it came just when I wanted to spend all my extra money on a book!
j0ekerr: Well, I often griped (as an old man is wont to do) about the disappearance of dailies and flash sales from steam. Claiming they had become boring and lost all the excitement and surprise those brought.

I do undestand that not everyone appreciated them and were quite happy to see them go. Let's just wait and see how this works out.
Flash sales are nice middle ground between Insomnia madness and your boring, old, vanilla sales. I do prefer Insomnia though.

And to those who don't like them, well, chill out people. Don't get so mad because you missed some discounts.
I really enjoyed DA:O, so much so I played the main game (took me 60 odd hours iirc) at 10-15 fps :) (old MacBook Pro with a weedy 9400m)

Actually that reminds me I need to go back and play the main DLC.

---

Anyway not the biggest fan of the Flash Deals but I won't let them put me off buying anything. The prices for Ultima 1-3 & 4-6 are too much of a steal to ignore. Not sure about picking up 8 or 9 though. (Note I've played no Ultima games)

Mr.Mumbles: Yeah well, I bought Elex for half-off two months ago, and I still haven't played the damn thing... and now it's $5 less. *grumble grumble* My own damn fault though. That said, I'm much less likely to buy games these days that I don't plan on playing shortly after, so that's a good trend for me. On the flipside, that makes me ignore my mountainous backlog as I keep playing games I just bought rather than the ones that have been waiting to be played for years. ;)
Been bitten by that a number of times myself. I'm kinda learning self control for sales. Although Bundles are another matter. (Thank Fizban that GOG don't do HB style bundles)