It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The biggest problem I have with the defense that they need them to defend themselves is that people aren't prepared to use their guns to defend themselves unless they have received prior training. Whenever you read about a gunman being stopped by civilians they usually overpowered them with everyday items or their fists.
why has this turned into how broken my country is? He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Wasn't there just some huge Neo-nazi riot in germany? Didn't Ottawa have 1 in 5 citizens on Ashley Madison? All countries have their problems, so none of us have the right to sit and judge.

anyways, I thought this was a discussion on gun control.
theslitherydeee: The biggest problem I have with the defense that they need them to defend themselves is that people aren't prepared to use their guns to defend themselves unless they have received prior training. Whenever you read about a gunman being stopped by civilians they usually overpowered them with everyday items or their fists.
yup, I agree, it's like what happened in France on the train. How would this have played differently if someone had a legal carry permit? The same? More dead? More injuries? Obviously we can't know, but I lean towards more injured.
Post edited August 28, 2015 by Crewdroog
Klumpen0815: Broken is broken, he didn't say how broken in comparison with others.
Compared to certain parts of Europe/Scandinavia, the USA are pretty broken for sure but everyone has his problems.
When it comes to the social environment, modesty and hospitality, some countries in the western world can learn a thing or two from poorer countries. There is no two dimensional scale.

In the end it's a local thing though.
It's much more important in which street or town you are living than in which country or even on which continent.
I brought the comparison, not him, his descriotion of such is bewilderingly confuseing seeing it should be normal due to it's high number of populace, not everything will be perfect.

There is NO two dimensional scale? dude in some of them Animal Cruelty and the demolishing of households of family's who posses blood of neighboring countries aren't actual crimes, and some of them show in Poor radical ideologues actual HATE CRIMES through their race!

dude, da fuq? such an enviroment is provided by a succesful education and atmosphere! something that is provided mostly in first world countries (But the northen indian countries and such can offer better education than just an average, also look at other countries like Mexico even if private and UDO's)
Post edited August 28, 2015 by GioVio123
While I agree with Gilizards comment about geographicsl size, I have to disagree about ethenical diversity.
America does hsve vast open spaces, in those area gun control would be hard. But the majority of people live in cities, there controls can be put in place.

Diversity. England is the bastard nation. Every creed, and religion has a place here. The difference is we're on top of each other. While there are pockets of cultures they don't appear to be as large and deep rooted as in the states.
sasuke12: Guns do not kill people, broken societies kill people.

There are too many signs of a broken society that America has become.

Too many single mothers, too many kids growing up to be criminals, glorification of war in Middle East, higher than normal divorce rate, decadence and debauchery, promiscuous teens, kids giving birth to kids, slut walks, wall-street corruption, narcissism, me me me attitude, population explosion etc.

it is too late to find a cure. The cancer is in it's final stages. Things will only get worse.
I read your post and found myself sighing and nodding my head. I've felt the end growing near for a while. I anticipate it will be very soon, within the next two years. That's why I've been preparing to leave.

There are too many signs of a broken society that America has become.

Too many single mothers, too many kids growing up to be criminals, glorification of war in Middle East, higher than normal divorce rate, decadence and debauchery, promiscuous teens, kids giving birth to kids, slut walks, wall-street corruption, narcissism, me me me attitude, population explosion etc.

it is too late to find a cure. The cancer is in it's final stages. Things will only get worse.
hudfreegamer: I read your post and found myself sighing and nodding my head. I've felt the end growing near for a while. I anticipate it will be very soon, within the next two years. That's why I've been preparing to leave.
From a purely pragmatic view, it's also a good reason to own guns. Just saying. If all the psychos and raiders are going to have guns, then the normal people should too. After all, the normal people are going to be the ones who have the stuff that the bad people want.
hudfreegamer: I read your post and found myself sighing and nodding my head. I've felt the end growing near for a while. I anticipate it will be very soon, within the next two years. That's why I've been preparing to leave.
Emob78: From a purely pragmatic view, it's also a good reason to own guns. Just saying. If all the psychos and raiders are going to have guns, then the normal people should too. After all, the normal people are going to be the ones who have the stuff that the bad people want.
I totally agree. For a little while I was living near the Mojave, working a crap job as a delivery girl. I was taking this package into the city when I got jumped by a couple of thugs and shot in the head! Afterwards the cops didn't do crap, so I had to take matters into my own hands and track the asshats down. If it weren't for my ability to own and carry, I'd never have had my revenge.
Emob78: From a purely pragmatic view, it's also a good reason to own guns. Just saying. If all the psychos and raiders are going to have guns, then the normal people should too. After all, the normal people are going to be the ones who have the stuff that the bad people want.
Crewdroog: I totally agree. For a little while I was living near the Mojave, working a crap job as a delivery girl. I was taking this package into the city when I got jumped by a couple of thugs and shot in the head! Afterwards the cops didn't do crap, so I had to take matters into my own hands and track the asshats down. If it weren't for my ability to own and carry, I'd never have had my revenge.
Ah, I see what you did there. For about .832 seconds I was convinced you were telling me a personal real life story. If you hadn't said Mojave I would still be trying to piece together the story, scratching my head how you survived the damage to yours.
Crewdroog: I totally agree. For a little while I was living near the Mojave, working a crap job as a delivery girl. I was taking this package into the city when I got jumped by a couple of thugs and shot in the head! Afterwards the cops didn't do crap, so I had to take matters into my own hands and track the asshats down. If it weren't for my ability to own and carry, I'd never have had my revenge.
Emob78: Ah, I see what you did there. For about .832 seconds I was convinced you were telling me a personal real life story. If you hadn't said Mojave I would still be trying to piece together the story, scratching my head how you survived the damage to yours.
you left me no choice when you wrote, "raiders". it was the first thing that popped into my pea brain.

And that is precisely why I wrote "Mojave". :)
sasuke12: snip
Crewdroog: How would you know we are broken? I don't insult your country, so please don't insult mine. Besides, this is not a debate about the US, it's about gun laws in general.

Actually, violence has been on a downward trend for some years and is it's lowest since the 70s, it's just that our sensationalist media makes it seem like this country sound worse than it is. Also teen pregnancy has been declining in the past 20 years too. THe birth rate has also fallen. And i'm pretty sure the other stuff is pretty world wide too. so yeah.

And what, please tell me, is a slut-walk??? Watch yourself carefully.
Keeping aside your emotional knee-jerk reaction to my post and your overly jingoistic mentality, I assure you I did not intend to "insult" the country you live in.

I told the cold, harsh truth. If reality is too much of a bitter pill to swallow then that's too bad for you.

If you don't know about the global and degenerate movement known as slut-walk then I feel sorry for you even more.
wpegg: snip
GioVio123: snip
GioVio123: You are directing your bitching at a FIRST world country that isn't even that close to being what you describe

Your point is made if you talk about ANY second or THIRD world country in Latin America, India and Oceania.
I am not bitching, just pointing out the obvious facts which have no emotion in them and certainly not any bitching.
Post edited August 28, 2015 by sasuke12
Crewdroog: How would you know we are broken? I don't insult your country, so please don't insult mine. Besides, this is not a debate about the US, it's about gun laws in general.

Actually, violence has been on a downward trend for some years and is it's lowest since the 70s, it's just that our sensationalist media makes it seem like this country sound worse than it is. Also teen pregnancy has been declining in the past 20 years too. THe birth rate has also fallen. And i'm pretty sure the other stuff is pretty world wide too. so yeah.

And what, please tell me, is a slut-walk??? Watch yourself carefully.
sasuke12: Keeping aside your emotional knee-jerk reaction to my post and your overly jingoistic mentality, I assure you I did not intend to "insult" your country.

I told the cold, harsh truth. If reality is too much of a bitter pill to swallow then that's too bad for you.

If you don't know about the global and degenerate movement known as slut-walk then I feel sorry for you even more.
GioVio123: snip

You are directing your bitching at a FIRST world country that isn't even that close to being what you describe

Your point is made if you talk about ANY second or THIRD world country in Latin America, India and Oceania.
sasuke12: I am not bitching, just pointing out the obvious facts which have no emotion in them and certainly not any bitching.
you are not contributing in any way to this thread. it is about gun control, not whatever you are babbling about.

And I do apologize for not knowing everything, unlike you. Especially Canadian movements/protest marches. And you are a fucktard and worth no more of my time if you think a movement trying to stop rape and slut shaming is bad. See ya, douche hammer!
In the US, with an estimated 280 million firearms and 310-320 million people bumping around, I'd say we actually exercise a remarkable amount of restraint. But given those numbers, the firearms cat is out of the bag so it's pretty much a discussion that likely won't go far.

Most anything else I say will just be jokes on using the proper stance and hand placement. More seriously, though, if you're going to have a firearm then be prepared to use it correctly, and know safe ownership and handling. And have a good time at the range! Target shooting is quite fun.
I am all for nearly everyone having firearms, be it for self defense, recreation, or even revolution. The only exception is the case of people who do not possess the mental faculties for the proper use of weapons - and even then, grudgingly. In my opinion, only allowing the "authorities" sole access to firepower runs the risk of them abusing their position. Like it or hate it, the gun has a powerful voice.
sasuke12: snip
Crewdroog: you are not contributing in any way to this thread. it is about gun control, not whatever you are babbling about.

And I do apologize for not knowing everything, unlike you. Especially Canadian movements/protest marches. And you are a fucktard and worth no more of my time if you think a movement trying to stop rape and slut shaming is bad. See ya, douche hammer!
You are welcome to denigrate me and insult me. It's alright. It proves your level of intelligence or lack thereof.

You are also welcome to educate yourself about the reality of slut walk below-

http://spectator.org/articles/55063/slutwalk-insanity

it's all about attention, doing whatever they want without suffering any consequences.

Lastly, I was contributing to this thread, until you brought your emotional temper tantrums into the thread.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Spectator

actually I can't believe ding-dong above me would even use that horrible article as a defense. wow. just wow.
Post edited August 28, 2015 by Crewdroog