It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welp, I'm late to the after sale talk as usual; Oh well..

This was my first insomnia sale, and it was a good one at that. I grabbed loads of games, and gifted a few for the less fortunately work-scheduled people.

Overall, I think this sale was a great success. Although, if I compare it to the things I learned from other people talking about previous insomnia sales, not so much.. The lack of "last chance" indicators, actually, the total lack of feedback from gog, was kind of a bummer, and the short fuse on most games in the form of limited quantities at a time was both a blessing and a curse, depending on what kind of games grab your interest. But since this was my first insomnia sale, I didn't know that at the time.

My list of games grabbed during this sale:
Trine 3
Big Pharma
System Shock: Enhanced edition
Hatoful Boyfriend
The D&D bundle (Baldurs Gate: Enhanced edition, Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition)
This Was of Mine: Soundtrack edition
Subterrain
Jotun
Two Worlds 2: Epic edition
The Masterplan
Deadnaut
Darksiders
The Walking Dead bundle (The Walking Dead: Season 1, 2, the 400 days)
Victor Vran (freebie)
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
The Monkey Island bundle (The secret of Monkey Island: Special edition, Monkey Island 2: Special edition) x2 (one gifted)
Wasteland 2 - Directors Cut: Digital Classic edition
Act of War: Gold edition
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Directors cut
The Swindle
Outlaws + a handful of missions
J.U.L.I.A Among the Stars
Broken Sword bundle (Broken Sword 1-5)

---After the freebies ran out---
World In Conflict: Complete Edition
The Metro bundle (Metro: Last light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux) (gifted)
Legend of Kyrandia (Book 1-3)

Quite the list I'd say. Thank you all for making the quiet and keaning hours entertaining. This has ben an epic forum thread, with epic people!
To think that if I had stayed up just a half and hour later, I would of seen the end of the sale. Oh well, it didn't matter. Transistor didn't come up again. About the only one that I was still looking for. It's bound to be on sale again before the next Insomnia Sale. Maybe...

Anyway, the stats spreadsheet has all of the entries, though some are missing time data due to Pidgeot's tracker starting quite a bit after the start.. RWarehall had some approximate times from the start, but that only covers about three hours. The rest...I'm not sure, unless somebody else has approximate times for those missing ones. Probably not though.

Now that the sale is over, I'll get to work putting up a thread similar to my previous Insomnia Stats. Hopefully I'll have everything together and up in few days. Though I think I said that last time and it took me a week. But until then, you can look at the somewhat handy spreadsheet:

GOGs 2016 Sleepy Sheep Insomnia Stats (spreadsheet)
high rated
Zillatain: To think that if I had stayed up just a half and hour later, I would of seen the end of the sale. Oh well, it didn't matter. Transistor didn't come up again. About the only one that I was still looking for. It's bound to be on sale again before the next Insomnia Sale. Maybe...

Anyway, the stats spreadsheet has all of the entries, though some are missing time data due to Pidgeot's tracker starting quite a bit after the start.. RWarehall had some approximate times from the start, but that only covers about three hours. The rest...I'm not sure, unless somebody else has approximate times for those missing ones. Probably not though.

Now that the sale is over, I'll get to work putting up a thread similar to my previous Insomnia Stats. Hopefully I'll have everything together and up in few days. Though I think I said that last time and it took me a week. But until then, you can look at the somewhat handy spreadsheet:

If you check your chat Transistor will be there, have fun with it!
trentonlf: If you check your chat Transistor will be there, have fun with it!
Well that is surprising. Thank you!

But first, I just have to get all of the stats stuff done...
It was my second and I tend to sell some of my property off when I no longer use it on ebay so I have funds in case stuff like this or old gameboy/genesis games pop up I want since old cart Nintendo(any) console is just straight predator fraud now. I got a nice selection of games on this, the first two I did on a credit card as I had to defer them as they were more expensive (Turok and Grandia II) but I was making it my mission to have those. Beyond that I pillaged lots of the $1.50-$4 stuff I had in my wish list but some stuff I also straight up blew off like Rebel Galaxy because I was holding out for D&D which I technically never got, sale wise, due to just straight up bad timing/getting screwed -- thankfully the guy above me there trent is a friendly gifter and solved that (and in turn I used the key I had for Grimrock 2 as a pass the gift on thing to another.) In all out of my limited paypal I snapped up BG&E ($2.49), Hyperdimension Neptunia ($5.99), King of Dragon pass ($1.49), Outlaws ($1.49), World of Goo ($1.99), System Shock ($3.99), Anno 4-pak ($14.56), Monkey Island bundle ($3.98), Bastion ($3.79), and Transistor ($3.99.)

A good enough sized list and many hours to burn there.

And outside of this sale most my fun anymore comes from the local flea markets now. I did nice today at that with a little amount of cash I had on hand too. Ended up with 4 gameboy/color games, sf2ce genesis for a dollar, a 1978 handheld game (cib), a couple gobots, sealed up lego star wars rebels set for 20% of its cost, a couple parts for my bike for $5. Lots of fun to be had there. It's what I do these days to keep entertained when it's not raining/snowing too cold or oppressively (100F+ and wet) hot on the weekend.
Zillatain: To think that if I had stayed up just a half and hour later, I would of seen the end of the sale. Oh well, it didn't matter. Transistor didn't come up again. About the only one that I was still looking for. It's bound to be on sale again before the next Insomnia Sale. Maybe...

+1, that's a lot of data. I'm almost itching to put it into a pivot table.
trentonlf: If you check your chat Transistor will be there, have fun with it!
Oh you! How do I add you to a "Most Amazing People I've Never Met (but would be fortunate to)" list? You are simply fantastic. :D
Post edited March 27, 2016 by guppy44
high rated
guppy44: Oh you! How do I add you to a "Most Amazing People I've Never Met (but would be fortunate to)" list? You are simply fantastic. :D
Gifting games truly brings me pleasure and makes me very happy. If I'm able to bring someone else a little bit of happiness and joy by giving them a game that's even better :)
devjock: Welp, I'm late to the after sale talk as usual; Oh well..

This was my first insomnia sale, and it was a good one at that. I grabbed loads of games, and gifted a few for the less fortunately work-scheduled people.

Overall, I think this sale was a great success. Although, if I compare it to the things I learned from other people talking about previous insomnia sales, not so much.. The lack of "last chance" indicators, actually, the total lack of feedback from gog, was kind of a bummer, and the short fuse on most games in the form of limited quantities at a time was both a blessing and a curse, depending on what kind of games grab your interest. But since this was my first insomnia sale, I didn't know that at the time.

My list of games grabbed during this sale:
Trine 3
Big Pharma
System Shock: Enhanced edition
Hatoful Boyfriend
The D&D bundle (Baldurs Gate: Enhanced edition, Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition)
This Was of Mine: Soundtrack edition
Subterrain
Jotun
Two Worlds 2: Epic edition
The Masterplan
Deadnaut
Darksiders
The Walking Dead bundle (The Walking Dead: Season 1, 2, the 400 days)
Victor Vran (freebie)
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
The Monkey Island bundle (The secret of Monkey Island: Special edition, Monkey Island 2: Special edition) x2 (one gifted)
Wasteland 2 - Directors Cut: Digital Classic edition
Act of War: Gold edition
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Directors cut
The Swindle
Outlaws + a handful of missions
J.U.L.I.A Among the Stars
Broken Sword bundle (Broken Sword 1-5)

---After the freebies ran out---
World In Conflict: Complete Edition
The Metro bundle (Metro: Last light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux) (gifted)
Legend of Kyrandia (Book 1-3)

Quite the list I'd say. Thank you all for making the quiet and keaning hours entertaining. This has ben an epic forum thread, with epic people!
HOLY CRAP!!!! you blew an entire paycheck on this sale.
guppy44: Oh you! How do I add you to a "Most Amazing People I've Never Met (but would be fortunate to)" list? You are simply fantastic. :D
trentonlf: Gifting games truly brings me pleasure and makes me very happy. If I'm able to bring someone else a little bit of happiness and joy by giving them a game that's even better :)
Not sure what the % here of people like you there are on this site, but probably the 1 in a million classic quote would fit. Again thanks for D&D. Had I not had to been out almost the entire day with family stuff I'd have been rotting on Baldur's Gate today figuring that beast out. :D
Has the D&D Bundle come back up yet?
Tekkaman-James: Has the D&D Bundle come back up yet?
Not yet. I've got my coffee and eye drops though, so I don't miss it.
Tekkaman-James: Has the D&D Bundle come back up yet?
jcosmocohen: Not yet. I've got my coffee and eye drops though, so I don't miss it.
Come back to earth! We have games here ;)
doctorsinister: HOLY CRAP!!!! you blew an entire paycheck on this sale.
Eh kinda, I went with whatever was left on my paypal account. Apparently it was a lot.. funny thing, after the sale, I logged in, and I had exactly 3 eurocents left on there.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by devjock
Bumping this thread back from the dead, because gog support got back to me for the freebie bug / timing thingy by email;

Here it is in full (well, with the code blocked out)

[i]
Hello,
We have checked the reported cases where games weren't properly assigned during the promo. Please accept this code, and our apologies for any trouble caused:
http://www.gog.com/redeem/codeblockedout
Best Regards,
Smutny
GOG.COM Support
[/i]

THEY GIFTED ME THE WITCHER 3

Holy shit, this is all kinds of awesome. This is exactly why I'm getting all my games through gog.

Thank you guys so much, this is the best gift ever!
Post edited April 07, 2016 by devjock
Nice!

"All good things come to those who wait." I think getting a free copy of Witcher 3 qualifies. ^_^

Thanks for sharing. And enjoy!