It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

firstpastthepost: Terry's chocolate oranges are a christmas staple. I make a version of them to serve at Christmas gatherings. Their fairly simply to make.

4 ounces dark chocolate
3 ounces candied orange peel, finely chopped
2 cups slivered almonds

Toast the almonds in an oven for about 7 minutes at 350f
Temper the chocolate
Stir the almonds and the candied orange peel into the tempered chocolate
Place mounds of the mixture on parchment paper or a silicone mat
Set in the fride for 15 minutes
PaterAlf: Santa thinks that sounds delicious. He left a gift in your stocking. :)
Cool. Thank you very much Santa. Calling someone Santa just seems weird... like having a hooker call you daddy.
ConsulCaesar: Today, December 22, one of our craziest traditions (that I didn't mention before) takes place: the special Christmas Lottery. It's not the biggest by prizes, but basically everybody plays and spends insane amounts in tickets (you are supposed to share them with family and friends). First prize hasn't been drawn yet, so if you see my location changed to the Sheychelles in the next few days, you know what to blame. ;)

Alexim: In Italy at Christmas (as often in many other areas) there are always two main opposing factions that "cheer" for their favorite Christmas cake: Pandoro or Panettone.
ConsulCaesar: I'm #TeamPanettone. It has become really popular here in the last decade.
Cool, I didn't know it was popular in Spain, too.
BeatriceElysia: Would you mind if I share my Christmas poem? I love to write stories & poems, so, here's one:
Santa loves a good poem! He left a present in your stocking.
silent night (in japanese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctyO4rRgsM
RedTechKnight: Christmas, eh... We never really do anything too fancy. Stay at home and watch mediocre but enjoyable Christmas movies. A lot of those sure do air on TV. Maybe have dinner with family members and friends, sometimes more family members than you knew you had. Attend a church service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day itself, maybe both, can't recall. I really enjoy it all, heheh. Always something to look forward to at the end of the year.
Sounds like a good way to spend Christmas. Santa left a gift in your stocking. :)
skimmie: Let the party commence :) Have fun, everyone!

One of my favourite christmas songs is ' Sleigh ride' and especially the Mannheim Steamroller version. I used to visit Disneyland Paris every year until 2010, usually ' round christmas time. This was the song they played all around Main Street during the christmas season back then. So, this song brings back many, many good memories, not just of christmas, but also of great fun with friends and family!
Santa thinks you've been a nice person and made lotsof people happy with this giveaway. He left a gift in your stocking. :)

Merry Christmas, skimmie!
Post edited December 24, 2018 by PaterAlf
RedTechKnight: Christmas, eh... We never really do anything too fancy. Stay at home and watch mediocre but enjoyable Christmas movies. A lot of those sure do air on TV. Maybe have dinner with family members and friends, sometimes more family members than you knew you had. Attend a church service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day itself, maybe both, can't recall. I really enjoy it all, heheh. Always something to look forward to at the end of the year.
PaterAlf: Sounds like a good way to spend Christmas. Santa left a gift in your stocking. :)
skimmie: Let the party commence :) Have fun, everyone!

One of my favourite christmas songs is ' Sleigh ride' and especially the Mannheim Steamroller version. I used to visit Disneyland Paris every year until 2010, usually ' round christmas time. This was the song they played all around Main Street during the christmas season back then. So, this song brings back many, many good memories, not just of christmas, but also of great fun with friends and family!
PaterAlf: Santa thinks you've been a nice person and made lotsof people happy with this giveaway. He left a gift in your stocking. :)

Merry Christmas, skimmie!
PaterAlf, do you like "Grandma Got Run Over By a Raindeer?" My family and I love that song and play it ever year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIwLeASnkw
PaterAlf: Sounds like a good way to spend Christmas. Santa left a gift in your stocking. :)
Heheh, thanks! I admit it seems pretty mundane compared to most people's, but it is still nice I guess.
RedTechKnight: Heheh, thanks! I admit it seems pretty mundane compared to most people's, but it is still nice I guess.
I got it wrong and apologize for my foot in mouth.Merry Christmas and I will go and eat some humble pie.
Post edited December 24, 2018 by Tauto
BeatriceElysia: Would you mind if I share my Christmas poem? I love to write stories & poems, so, here's one:
skimmie: Santa loves a good poem! He left a present in your stocking.
Thank you...
Merry Christmas!
Post edited December 24, 2018 by BeatriceElysia
Moonbeam: Has anyone made a Christmas gingerbread house?
I'm actually watching the Michael Bublé christmas show 2011, and him and Gino da Campo are making a gingerbread house on the show :)

-edit- Oh wait, it's gingerbread men. Still a great big mess, though :)
Post edited December 24, 2018 by skimmie
RedTechKnight: Heheh, thanks! I admit it seems pretty mundane compared to most people's, but it is still nice I guess.
Tauto: mundane,well that's not very nice.How about some humble pie with your prize,I guess.
I think he was talking about his prize, but about his way to spend Christmas.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful time with their loved ones.
skimmie: I'm actually watching the Michael Bublé christmas show 2011, and him and Gino da Campo are making a gingerbread house on the show :)

Watched the cooking part, giggles, what a lovely mess. Will watch the whole video later, looks rather nice:)
zlaywal: While Indonesia is not a Christian country, on Christmas there will always be Home Alone movies played on national fta TV. Seeing Macaulay Culkin outsmarted crooks apparently never gets Indonesian bored. Other movies to play are Arnold's Jingle All The Way and The Polar Express.

For the recipe, here is a recipe for Kaasstengels. A Dutch influenced savory cookies. You can expect these available at houses on every religious festivities holiday. Eid, Christmas or else.

https://whattocooktoday.com/kue-kastengel.html

I'm in, maybe something will slipped by the chimney.
I was informed by a certain Jolly Fellow In Red that he also likes kaasstengels. He left a present in your stocking!
skimmie: I'm actually watching the Michael Bublé christmas show 2011, and him and Gino da Campo are making a gingerbread house on the show :)

Moonbeam: Watched the cooking part, giggles, what a lovely mess. Will watch the whole video later, looks rather nice:)
I love the atmosphere of those shows. It has warmth, humour, beautiful music, food - everything that belongs to a nice christmas party, to me.
Post edited December 24, 2018 by skimmie
Thank you for both skimmie and PaterAlf. Something wonderful just dropped by.

While I'm not a Christian, I attended a private Christian school up till 9th grade. The month of December was always an exciting period with glittering moods all around. We used to have a performance by each class before holidays. Good days.

Have a marvelous Christmas!
Post edited December 24, 2018 by zlaywal
I was inspired to make a retelling

‘Twas the time zone before Christmas
When all though the forum
What did we see but two lovely goggers
They sparked such lovely discussion and brought holiday cheer
One on snowmobie and one on ski no riendeer here
Handing out holiday cheer from their hearts and under the tree

I’d just like to say
A warm Merry Christmas to all and thank you everybody :-)