It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Definitely my Gamecube and in general presents from that year that made me question whether Santa actually was real or not.
We went on vacation over and through Christmas I believe, and I remember thoroughly checking around our tree with my brother for any presents that were put down early. Alas, it was not Christmas when we left, so there were no presents.
After we came back though, under the tree was a pile of presents that me and my brother couldn't believe just appeared out of nowhere. It couldn't have been out parents since we were all on vacation. It HAD to be Santa.

It never occurred to me at that age that people other than out parents could have the keys to our house.

But yea, that was pretty magical at the time. Hopefully one day I'll be able to have a special day like that for my potential kids.

Btw, I'd like to be in the giveaway. Thanks for hosting this again!

Happy Holidays y'all.
low rated
skimmie: I don't see why not...Christmas is a time of sharing, after all :-P
I'll bring the white knights and beta males....unless someone has them covered already, that is. ;)
high rated
Sorry that I hardly participated in this thread during the last few days, but things were quite busy. Will try to catch up tomorrow.

PMPMGamer: In my region we also have the tradition of making the Christmas crib with moss previously caught in small shrubs or rocks so that the crib can take shape. This is a tradition that is a little lost because few people want to have work looking for the moss and prefer to make only the Christmas tree and decorate it. I still like to make the the Christmas crib with moss and thus preserve a tradition that is becoming increasingly rare in our day.

Attached I leave pictures of the Portuguese Christmas decorations examples:
Christmas wreath (hangs on the door of the house), the decorated Christmas tree, outdoor lightings Christmas and the Christmas crib.
Thank you for sharing Portuguese Christmas traditions and decorations. Santa likes that and left a little gift in your stocking.
low rated
PaterAlf: Sorry that I hardly participated in this thread during the last few days, but things were quite busy. Will try to catch up tomorrow.
I hope you aren't getting burnt out or run around too much so quickly.....we still have MANY days and night to go this holiday season. :)
high rated
Hmm. The most awesome Christmas gift... that's difficult. I guess it was, when my then Girlfriend accepted my marriage proposal on Christmas. The marriage didn't last, but it was pretty amazing at the time.

Other than that, way back, my first bicycle under the Christmas tree was also pretty awesome.

I actually don't like Christmas-decoration, so I can't pitch in there. But of course it isn't Christmas without Vanillekipferl!
https://www.chefkoch.de/rs/s0/vanillekipferl/Rezepte.html

If this GA is still going on, I would like to be in. :-)
Post edited December 10, 2019 by Lifthrasil
PMPMGamer: In my region we also have the tradition of making the Christmas crib with moss previously caught in small shrubs or rocks so that the crib can take shape. This is a tradition that is a little lost because few people want to have work looking for the moss and prefer to make only the Christmas tree and decorate it. I still like to make the the Christmas crib with moss and thus preserve a tradition that is becoming increasingly rare in our day.

Attached I leave pictures of the Portuguese Christmas decorations examples:
Christmas wreath (hangs on the door of the house), the decorated Christmas tree, outdoor lightings Christmas and the Christmas crib.
PaterAlf: Thank you for sharing Portuguese Christmas traditions and decorations. Santa likes that and left a little gift in your stocking.
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas. :)
One year we made an halloween themes christimas tree: instead of balls and angels, we put witches, ghosts and the like on it. I'm not a Christmas tree fan but that one was the coolest.That Christmas I got one of my favorite phones ever, the first Sony Walkman phone. It had a joystick for Java games and was great for mp3s.
I don't like Christmas and traditions in general but those were nice days.
high rated
misteryo: Decoration
My Hungarian grandmother - who is still alive in her 90s - would always decorate her home with oranges hung from strings and punctured all over with whole cloves. The orange and clove smell was wonderful. I think of it every Christmas. Maybe this year I'll do it myself!
Now that's an original decoration! Never heard of anythin like that. Is that a local thing or just something your grandmother used to do?

Santa loves that smell as well and left a present in your stocking!
misteryo: Decoration
My Hungarian grandmother - who is still alive in her 90s - would always decorate her home with oranges hung from strings and punctured all over with whole cloves. The orange and clove smell was wonderful. I think of it every Christmas. Maybe this year I'll do it myself!
skimmie: Now that's an original decoration! Never heard of anythin like that. Is that a local thing or just something your grandmother used to do?

Santa loves that smell as well and left a present in your stocking!
It's not local to us here in the US. I've always thought it was a Hungarian thing. But maybe it's just a my-grandmother thing!
EDIT: And what nice stocking stuffer, too. Thank you!
Post edited December 10, 2019 by misteryo
high rated
skimmie: Which city is that ? [...]
Thessaloniki (the photos in the last attachment are from there). Unless you're asking about the capital, Athens (last photo in the penultimate attachment).

skimmie: [...] It does, actually; I still need something with lights to put on my windowsill, and a boat would fit perfectly!
I just think I'll have to ask my kids to do the decoration and the lights, since I don't think I have seen a decorated boat like that in any shops around here. Which is perfectly fine, it'll give us something to do during the holidays.

Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome, glad you like it.

I'd be surprised if any shops there would sell them; as far as I know, it's not a custom, or even known, in any other Mediterranean country, let alone any place farther north. And your kids doing the decoration and all makes for a nicer experience, and is closer to the spirit and origins of the tradition. Just remember to have the bow facing inwards!
skimmie: ...my PM is open. :-P
GameRager: That sounds all sorts of lewd.......can we make it a group chat? o.0

===============================

TheBigCore: The leg lamp from the Christmas movie "A Christmas Story".

xD

For reference: https://3dprint.com/34607/3d-printed-leg-lamps/
GameRager: Great minds think alike....check post 97. ;)
Skimmie, if you're still looking for Christmas decorations, what about the slide that Santa kicks the kid down in that same movie (a Christmas Story, I meean)? >;)
Post edited December 11, 2019 by TheBigCore
high rated
Falci: ... I never put up any decorations at my place,...
Santa is disappointed and challenges you to put up at least one tiny bit of decoration at your place. As an incentive he left a little present for you.

Shout-out to misteryo, who provided that gift!
Falci: ... I never put up any decorations at my place,...
PaterAlf: Santa is disappointed and challenges you to put up at least one tiny bit of decoration at your place. As an incentive he left a little present for you.

Shout-out to misteryo, who provided that gift!
Oh, my God! Great many and merry thanks to you guys and misteryo for the gift! :D

It made my night! ^_^
low rated
TheBigCore: Skimmie, if you're still looking for Christmas decorations, what about the slide that Santa kicks the kid down in that same movie (a Christmas Story, I meean)? >;)
Heheh

"You can't have that BB g*n...you'll just sh**t your core out kid" ;)
I'm in for the giveaway, something to trim my wishlist would be a nice present.

I enter a Christian school up-to junior high. Before the Christmas-New Year long holiday, every students attend the annual Christmas celebration. Afterwards, we usually get a gift pack containing treats, stationary sets etc. Now, I forgot if it was the 7th or 8th grade,we all got a drinking mug. Maybe cause the size is ideal for a 13 years old me, it then became my main cup for milk, chocolate drink etc. But as it the case with oft-used glass, that mug since chipped with the markings on it faded. I don't have the heart to just throw it away and it has since sat on my cupboard with other new unused mugs.