It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
To make it clearer, let me give you another example. There are a lot of people who really dislike broccoli. What will happen if they gather in a crowd and say "This disgusting plant is causing us psychological trauma with its existence, so don't sell it in supermarkets! Let those who want to eat broccoli go to the greengrocer's" Nonsense? Exactly. Here is the same story. Buy what you like, don't buy what you don't like, and don't poke your nose into other people's purchases. Simply and easily!
JuWalk: BTW, you're playing with words. But two can play this game...
1) "I'm upset because someone considers themselves superior to me, trying to limit my rights because of their own wishes"
2) "I'm upset because others don't want to do things the way I want and demand respect for their wishes as well"

Fans of these games do not require opponents to buy them or even just go to their pages. And opponents demand to deprive fans of the opportunity to buy what they like. That is, they restrict other people's rights for the sake of their own wishes. This is the real selfishness. And also an attempt to create inequality. After all, by saying "our desires should be placed above yours, and not on the same level," they record their opponents as second-class people.
Orkhepaj: nope selfishness is when someone wants no bounds ,
like they want these garbage ao games here on gog that is selfishness

regulating common platforms are how culture are built and communities need these to not collapse
They want the play store to sell games. Horrible! How is that possible?!

You think these games are garbage, and I think the ones you like. So GOG should remove both of them, right?
Post edited January 13, 2022 by JuWalk
low rated
JuWalk: To make it clearer, let me give you another example. There are a lot of people who really dislike broccoli. What will happen if they gather in a crowd and say "This disgusting plant is causing us psychological trauma with its existence, so don't sell it in supermarkets! Let those who want to eat broccoli go to the greengrocer's" Nonsense? Exactly. Here is the same story. Buy what you like, don't buy what you don't like, and don't poke your nose into other people's purchases. Simply and easily!
Yep nonsense example, try to make a good one
No it is not the same story at all

Why shouldn't I comment to other people's purchases when those purchases clearly have effect on our markets and as such effect my future possibilities? And these clearly change people's thinking process and behavior too.

It is only "simply and easily" if you want an anarchic dystopia where nobody cares for anybody else, just for themselves.
Very selfish.

"They want the play store to sell games. Horrible! How is that possible?!

You think these games are garbage, and I think the ones you like. So GOG should remove both of them, right?
"

Clearly gog should remove ao garbage "games" as those are the newcomers wanting to change the store

gog store is in clearly some kind of identity problem , and allowing these products here just makes it worse
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Orkhepaj
low rated
JuWalk: To make it clearer, let me give you another example. There are a lot of people who really dislike broccoli. What will happen if they gather in a crowd and say "This disgusting plant is causing us psychological trauma with its existence, so don't sell it in supermarkets! Let those who want to eat broccoli go to the greengrocer's" Nonsense? Exactly. Here is the same story. Buy what you like, don't buy what you don't like, and don't poke your nose into other people's purchases. Simply and easily!
Orkhepaj: Yep nonsense example, try to make a good one

Why shouldn't I comment to other people's purchases when those purchases clearly have effect on our markets and as such effect my future possibilities? And these clearly change people's thinking process and behavior too.

It is only "simply and easily" if you want an anarchic dystopia where nobody cares for anybody else, just for themselves.
Very selfish.
You guys are going to more and more insane routes. Even an anarchic dystopia would be better than a fascist dictatorship in which a small group of people decide what everyone else can buy, do and think and what not
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Sagara-san
low rated

Very selfish.
Sagara-san: You guys are going to more and more insane routes. Even an anarchic dystopia would be better than a fascist dictatorship in which a small group of people decide what everyone else can buy, do and think and what not
you clearly have no idea what fascism is pls read at least a few pages about it, and wanting to push your ideology here is against the rules
low rated
JuWalk: First of all, if a person is oppressed by a handful of pixels, he should seriously work on self-esteem, and not decide who should have access to what and who should not. Games and real life are two completely different things.
Never said people were oppressed by pixels. Women have been historically oppressed by men though so these games do have some effect on the real world, especially if they are made by men, for men and a lot of women are made to feel uncomfortable by them.

JuWalk: Think for yourself, what will happen if everyone starts demanding the removal of what they strongly dislike? One will say "Remove AO games, they offend me", another - "Remove shooters, they breed violence", the third - "Remove racing games. Due to traffic violations, a huge number of people die every year, and such games promote the violation of these rules", etc. And what, we will remove half of the games from the store?
It depends on how and why the games affect people. Are you fine with a load of racist games showing up?

JuWalk: Why are conditional opponents of violence worse than opponents of sex?
Completely irrelevant, why do you think I think opponents of violence are worse than opponents of sex?

JuWalk: And opponents demand to deprive fans of the opportunity to buy what they like. That is, they restrict other people's rights for the sake of their own wishes. This is the real selfishness.
No the real selfishness is demanding the games be available here even though it might cause people distress, then going on to be rude and mock them when they talk about it. I'd rather live in a world where people show some compassion and are willing to consider other people's viewpoint even if it means I miss out on access to some games.
low rated

Very selfish.

"

Clearly gog should remove ao garbage "games" as those are the newcomers wanting to change the store

gog store is in clearly some kind of identity problem , and allowing these products here just makes it worse
You can comment on anything, but here's to decide for others - no. Because they have exactly the same rights as you. And your opinion cannot be placed above theirs

Apparently, GoG is also happy with these changes. So why should they suddenly do what you want?
low rated

Very selfish.

"

JuWalk: You can comment on anything, but here's to decide for others - no. Because they have exactly the same rights as you. And your opinion cannot be placed above theirs

Apparently, GoG is also happy with these changes. So why should they suddenly do what you want?
yes they should , strange how you instantly on gog side when they opened the flood gates for these crap games
apparently gog decision is only good when it shares your view...
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Orkhepaj
low rated
JuWalk: First of all, if a person is oppressed by a handful of pixels, he should seriously work on self-esteem, and not decide who should have access to what and who should not. Games and real life are two completely different things.
HappyPunkPotato: Never said people were oppressed by pixels. Women have been historically oppressed by men though so these games do have some effect on the real world, especially if they are made by men, for men and a lot of women are made to feel uncomfortable by them.

JuWalk: Think for yourself, what will happen if everyone starts demanding the removal of what they strongly dislike? One will say "Remove AO games, they offend me", another - "Remove shooters, they breed violence", the third - "Remove racing games. Due to traffic violations, a huge number of people die every year, and such games promote the violation of these rules", etc. And what, we will remove half of the games from the store?
HappyPunkPotato: It depends on how and why the games affect people. Are you fine with a load of racist games showing up?

JuWalk: Why are conditional opponents of violence worse than opponents of sex?
HappyPunkPotato: Completely irrelevant, why do you think I think opponents of violence are worse than opponents of sex?

JuWalk: And opponents demand to deprive fans of the opportunity to buy what they like. That is, they restrict other people's rights for the sake of their own wishes. This is the real selfishness.
HappyPunkPotato: No the real selfishness is demanding the games be available here even though it might cause people distress, then going on to be rude and mock them when they talk about it. I'd rather live in a world where people show some compassion and are willing to consider other people's viewpoint even if it means I miss out on access to some games.
But games are just a bunch of pixels and nothing more. When I kill people in games, I don't really hurt anyone. By seducing someone in games, I do not harm anyone. By growing carrots in some farm simulator, I do not deprive real farmers of earnings. If a person cannot distinguish fiction from reality, the problem is in him, and not in games, cartoons, books or something else.

Do you agree with the removal of all shooters, racing, horror and many other games? Because we either remove EVERYTHING that can cause someone inconvenience due to their personal oversights, or we don’t touch anything.
JuWalk: You can comment on anything, but here's to decide for others - no. Because they have exactly the same rights as you. And your opinion cannot be placed above theirs

Orkhepaj: yes they should , strange how you instantly on gog side when they opened the flood gates for these crap games
If now someone starts demanding the removal of games of the genre that I don’t like, I will also oppose it. This is the difference between me and people like you. I do not consider everything that I personally do not need as garbage. And you live by the principle "there are only two opinions - mine and wrong"
Post edited January 13, 2022 by JuWalk
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: Never said people were oppressed by pixels. Women have been historically oppressed by men though so these games do have some effect on the real world, especially if they are made by men, for men and a lot of women are made to feel uncomfortable by them.

It depends on how and why the games affect people. Are you fine with a load of racist games showing up?

Completely irrelevant, why do you think I think opponents of violence are worse than opponents of sex?

No the real selfishness is demanding the games be available here even though it might cause people distress, then going on to be rude and mock them when they talk about it. I'd rather live in a world where people show some compassion and are willing to consider other people's viewpoint even if it means I miss out on access to some games.
JuWalk: But games are just a bunch of pixels and nothing more. When I kill people in games, I don't really hurt anyone. By seducing someone in games, I do not harm anyone. By growing carrots in some farm simulator, I do not deprive real farmers of earnings. If a person cannot distinguish fiction from reality, the problem is in him, and not in games, cartoons, books or something else.

Do you agree with the removal of all shooters, racing, horror and many other games? Because we either remove EVERYTHING that can cause someone inconvenience due to their personal oversights, or we don’t touch anything.
Orkhepaj: yes they should , strange how you instantly on gog side when they opened the flood gates for these crap games
JuWalk: If now someone starts demanding the removal of games of the genre that I don’t like, I will also oppose it. This is the difference between me and people like you. I do not consider everything that I personally do not need as garbage. And you live by the principle "there are only two opinions - mine and wrong"
well your opinion is wrong , it is clear
why not every store just sell everything , that surely would be so great, right?
lets start with gog selling drm and monthly subs , cause why not
see you are wrong , there are store themes and for gog these low quality games are not needed
low rated
JuWalk: But games are just a bunch of pixels and nothing more. When I kill people in games, I don't really hurt anyone. By seducing someone in games, I do not harm anyone. By growing carrots in some farm simulator, I do not deprive real farmers of earnings. If a person cannot distinguish fiction from reality, the problem is in him, and not in games, cartoons, books or something else.

If now someone starts demanding the removal of games of the genre that I don’t like, I will also oppose it. This is the difference between me and people like you. I do not consider everything that I personally do not need as garbage. And you live by the principle "there are only two opinions - mine and wrong"
Orkhepaj: well your opinion is wrong , it is clear
why not every store just sell everything , that surely would be so great, right?
see you are wrong , there are store themes and for gog these low quality games are not needed
They're low quality by your opinion. And by other peoples opinion they are high quality. And since GoG allowed these games to be sold, they also consider them high quality. User group plus store owners > other user group. Humble yourself
low rated
Orkhepaj: well your opinion is wrong , it is clear
JuWalk: They're low quality by your opinion. And by other peoples opinion they are high quality. And since GoG allowed these games to be sold, they also consider them high quality. User group plus store owners > other user group. Humble yourself
no they dont consider them high quality, they just have no idea how to curate well
We welcome discussions on the topic and constructive feedback, however please remember to stay on topic and most importantly civil. Also, a back and forth between you and another user should be done in private messages as it disrupts the flow of the discussion :)
low rated
JuWalk: They're low quality by your opinion. And by other peoples opinion they are high quality. And since GoG allowed these games to be sold, they also consider them high quality. User group plus store owners > other user group. Humble yourself
Orkhepaj: no they dont consider them high quality, they just have no idea how to curate well
LOL. "Everyone is fool and only I know what is right and what isn't". What is this if not an attempt to put yourself above other people? Why do those who are very, very offended by a set of pixels allow themselves to offend a lot of real people and pretend that this is normal?

SmollestLight: We welcome discussions on the topic and constructive feedback, however please remember to stay on topic and most importantly civil. Also, a back and forth between you and another user should be done in private messages as it disrupts the flow of the discussion :)
Given the topic of this post, the whole discussion is about arguing. It is unlikely that one should expect anything here other than "let them sell what they want, and people themselves will decide what to buy" and "let them sell only what I want, don't care about other people's opinions, let them go to another store" already stretched out for several pages
low rated

You keep trying to push this idea that people can't tell fact from fiction when that's obviously not true (I think the debate fans call it a straw-man?). Why can you not understand that things in games can colour people's view and feelings about reality? How about you answer my question about racist games? I never even said all sex games should be removed. All I'm saying is some games probably should be and you should show compassion to people who are upset by them instead of ridicule. Why should your wants trump anyone else's?

"Everyone is fool and only I know what is right and what isn't" is exactly what you're trying to say JuWalk.

But to be more on topic, I always assume that turning to selling sex (if that wasn't your original thing) is a desperate attempt to make money by a dying company.
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: But to be more on topic, I always assume that turning to selling sex (if that wasn't your original thing) is a desperate attempt to make money by a dying company.
this is what i think too, it seems like a try to fix the income problem