It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I rectify myself, I wanted to write I lean towards flub, but was thinking about rtcb's reluctance.
If elected president I will Make GoG Great Again.
blotunga: @joe: either you or lift is scum. I wouldn't risk a government with either of you. So logic dictates that maybe an unknown is better. Because if the next government passes a L, we will need a flub or rtcb president. At this point I'm leaning towards rtcb.
BUT! Either Lift or Joe is certainly Liberal (spoiler alert - it's me). There's a possibility that both rtcvb and flub is F... It's not likely, but the idea is appealing to my imagination right now.

I woke up this morning and thought "presidential powers! They'll never trust me with the assassination power! Dang!"

Then as I was getting dressed I thought "Oh wait it's special election.... they'll never trust me to choose the next president! Dang!"

and then I thought "Oh wait there's still a vote with special election, so they might trust me if I promise, in the case of FFF or trent screwing me over, to elect ZFR. If I don't elect ZFR then they just vote it down, it's a waste of a power but..."

anyway blotunga seems to be the only one with an opinion at the moment.

@ZFR - oh yeah I know what rtcvb has been saying is just nuts. As I say, I mostly just wanted to remind us of the time you shot yourself in the head, and then you tried to do it again; and would have succeeded, had a certain puzzlemaster's assistant - who's name shall go unmentioned - not DEFIED THE VERY LAWS OF FATE THEMSELVES. Tsk tsk tsk.

@flubbucket - what do you think of rctvb?

@lifthrasil - what do you think of Pooka?
SirPrimalform:
nod prod!

(non-mod)
JoeSapphire: BUT! Either Lift or Joe is certainly Liberal (spoiler alert - it's me). There's a possibility that both rtcvb and flub is F... It's not likely, but the idea is appealing to my imagination right now.

@lifthrasil - what do you think of Pooka?
So, you're not suggesting a flubb government any more?

About Pooka: he passed me 2F, so he could have buried an L, which would have made the 3F I drew next inevitable. But at least he didn't lie about passing me 2F. A fascist might have used the opportunity to create strife. However, a carefully playing fascist would have known that I would draw 3F next, if he had buried the last L. Leading to me looking bad without him entering a conflict. So, either he's an unlucky Liberal or a carefully playing Fascist. Not sure yet, but I don't think I would vote for a government including him. Too risky.
In pooka's defense he did clear me. Could still be a clever fascist ploy ofc. Both pooka and lift are unlikely to be scum imho. But at this point with the facts at hand I think Pooka's chances might be better to be town.
Lifthrasil: So, you're not suggesting a flubb government any more?
It was more musing than a suggestion. But I think I prefer flub to rtcvb. Actually I don't know. Neither has been trying. I've just gone and read over rtcvb and seen he's mentioned that he finds the pbp game too slow so maybe he's just bored and doesn't care.

I'm suggesting a Joe government.

blotunga: In pooka's defense he did clear me. Could still be a clever fascist ploy ofc. Both pooka and lift are unlikely to be scum imho. But at this point with the facts at hand I think Pooka's chances might be better to be town.
Would you vote for a government with pooka as chancellor?
SirPrimalform:
JoeSapphire: nod prod!

(non-mod)
Yup yup, I've voted.

In other news, I have a lunch break again this week.
flubbucket: If elected president I will Make GoG Great Again.
Will you build a wall on the borders of Steam?

If you have the chance to be president who would you probably nominate as chancellor and why?
JoeSapphire: Would you vote for a government with pooka as chancellor?
I wouldn't turn it down completely, but I think at this point with an unknown president Zfr is the best option for chancellor. However, do we want to risk an unknown president?
flubbucket: If elected president I will Make GoG Great Again.
So you're saying you're Hitler? I mean Trump, no I meant Hitler
blotunga: do we want to risk an unknown president?
it's not worth the risk!! Let's go for a president who's been 40% confirmed.
blotunga: do we want to risk an unknown president?
JoeSapphire: it's not worth the risk!! Let's go for a president who's been 40% confirmed.
Let me remind you that at this moment it's your word vs Lifts. I don't know which of you is scum, but you each have a 50% chance of being scum.
blotunga: Let me remind you
ah yeah, cheers, it had slipped my mind 0:)
blotunga: @joe: either you or lift is scum. I wouldn't risk a government with either of you. So logic dictates that maybe an unknown is better. Because if the next government passes a L, we will need a flub or rtcb president. At this point I'm leaning towards rtcb.
JoeSapphire: BUT! Either Lift or Joe is certainly Liberal (spoiler alert - it's me).
While I think you're right, technically it's not "certainly". There is a chance both of you are fascists and Lift did this so he could implicate himself after some time, while "clearing" you.
I think it's too risky a move. While you create conflict to distance yourself in Mafia, in Secret Hitler all you end up with is both of you outside any government.

(Incidentally, I'm happy there is finally a *real* conflict i.e. one where you're sure one person is scum (so one based on investigation or arguing which cards were passed). In the previous game we never had them.

Some other pairings I thought about:

Theorem: Pooka and Lift can't be both scum (barring bad play on Pooka's part)
Proof: Assume Pooka scum. He is a president and has to elect a fellow chancellor. When would ever F choose a fellow F as his chancellor? Two reasons: He wants to make be very sure a fascist policy is passed (even if he draws 2 Ls) OR he wants to pass a liberal policy and clear two fascists with one stone.
Neither applies here. There was only 1 L, so scumPooka knew his presence was enough to pass an F policy, and there is no way scumPooka at this point wanted to pass an L policy to clear himself and Lift. Not when there was a good 62.5% chance they'd be getting FFF anyway.
scumPooka would know he has to pass a F policy, either by burying the remaining L or getting FFF anyway. Either way, he was better off getting a Liberal into government so the liberal's name gets tainted too by the F passed.

A corollary of the above: blotunga and Lift can't both be scum.
Proof: if blotunga is scum, Pooka is too, hence Lift isn't (as per above proof). If Lift is scum then Pooka isn't (as per above proof), hence blotunga is Liberal.

A corollary of the above: blotunga and Pooka must be on same team (note that without the above, we can still have a case of fascist Pooka clearing liberal blotunga).
Proof: trivial.

A corollary of the above: liberal!Joe, scum!(blotunga & Pooka) combination is not possible (i.e. if Joe is liberal, then blotungaPooka has to be liberal, and if blotungaPooka is scum then Joe must be scum).
Proof: If Joe is liberal, Lift is scum therefore Pooka and blotunga can't be scum. Rest you do for homework.

Any comments on the above?

My thoughts:

a) It does depend on Pooka not making a mistake. I wonder if scumPooka who just got into the game might not have picked scumLift by accident.

b) My money would be on Lift being the scum, with other three liberals.

c) Why wouldn't Lift scum create a conflict with liberal blotunga claiming he passed him FL? Could it be he's actually a liberal?