It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Allo' Allo' Star Gorden Kaye has died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38718282

Some how I feel his identical twin (also called Gorden) will not be making an appearance.
I don't like to see anybody passing away but to be fair Allo Allo was just awful
sorry

nvm :P
Post edited January 23, 2017 by tinyE
RIP. Enjoyed Allo Allo in my Teens thought was pretty funny.
aluinie: RIP. Enjoyed Allo Allo in my Teens thought was pretty funny.
Recently re-watched a few seasons. Very much a product of its time and still very funny.

Read the IMDB Trivia, turns out one writer would write the situation Edith would catch Rene in, then pass it onto the other to then write "his way out of it"
Sorry, but it's just going to keep getting more common as celebrities keep getting older and older. How many beloved movie stars are now 70+?
Sad news. I always loved Allo Allo. Sure, there are better sitcoms out there, but it still has a special place in my heart.

Oh, and don't you have the years wrong?
Post edited January 23, 2017 by Breja
I wasn't even aware he'd still been alive.
He was a good actor, but I liked pretty much all the other characters in 'Allo 'Allo better.

For a second I thought the title said "RIP Kanye"...
I'm very sorry to hear that this person lost his life, and I do understand the need for those who cared for him to mourn.

Although, under the risk of coming off as unfeeling, I must say that there was nothing special about 2016 in this regard, and 2017 won't be any different.

People die every year, including celebrities, but more often then not it goes unnoticed except for those who were very invested in that person's life and career. There was a few more still proeminent celebrities die in 2016, if you look specifically at anglo-saxon originated pop culture, but the same is not true for other people. Maybe in 2015 there was a bunch of french or german celebrity deaths that we simply never heard of.

What I'm trying to say is that people see patterns where there are none, and make sure future data fits into that pattern. It happened in 2016 when a couple of high profile celebrities died in January and people started seeing it as the year where celebrities died like flies. Then people and news sources started regarding every single celebrity death not as its own tragic little event, as every loss of life is, or perhaps outright ignoring it and letting it happen in the same peaceful anonimity so many of us enjoy, but as part of an ongoing story that can be easily packaged and sold to people: "2016 Strikes Again!", and in the process it may have robbed a lot of those deaths of some of their quiet dignity for the sake of creating a media circus around it, however small each may have been. The same may happen this year. If people are seeking celebrity deaths they will find them, and award 2017 with the same hellish year brand 2016 received.

I know none of this is your intention. Clearly you care about Allo Allo, this person and their work and I see how genuinely upset you must be.

Forgive this small and petty little rant, but the public's attitude to the year of 2016, particularly in regards to death, has irked me quite a bit, and I really hope to not see it repeated in 2017.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by DaCostaBR
"RIP Gorden Kaye looks like 2018 is just going to be 2017++"

I don't understand...it's still 2017, isn't it?
morolf: "RIP Gorden Kaye looks like 2018 is just going to be 2017++"

I don't understand...it's still 2017, isn't it?
It is?! Great Scott I can still save the Future!
Allo Allo was great, I don't think it would get made in these PC times.
mechmouse: Read the IMDB Trivia, turns out one writer would write the situation Edith would catch Rene in, then pass it onto the other to then write "his way out of it"
"You stupid woman!" :-D

It is sad that he is gone. 'Allo 'Allo has a special place in my heart (not to mention in my DVD collection).
Doc0075: Allo Allo was great, I don't think it would get made in these PC times.
I thought they're remaking "Open all hours"
a) who the hell is that
b) what the f year is it