It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Didn't DRM-free GOG "die" like 2 years into the business when they started selling multiplayer that required CD keys? (whenever this started; I bought Far Cry here in 2010 and it required a CD key for multiplayer)

Also, we can scream and wail and crawl in our skin to the high heavens on the forum, but that's basically just preaching to the choir isn't it?
Not to mention AVP 2000, the flagship Galaxy product, the serial keys for various other features...
Post edited October 02, 2020 by Darvond
As if they give a shit towards random users in this forsaken forum.
Truth007: The epic games will be on gog.com too, the stores arent different on galaxy or the website.
This new store is a Galaxy feature, that is built specifically for Galaxy. There is zero indication that this will be offered on GOG.com itself.
low rated
And it seems the games will just be on galaxy.....that's a relief for a good number of us, i'm sure.
(Thanks for the info, BK :))
=================================================

TheGrand547: Stop fear mongering please.
Easier said than done, seeing as how there is a higher than average percentage of users on the forums who act like one or both of the following:

Link1
(Note: Clip is SFW and is from Friday the 13th)

Link2
(Note: Clip is Family guy Foghorn Leghorn clip, with some animated blood)
===========

Johnathanamz: Eh they can down vote me all they want I am still here I will be here forever. I can have negative like -1,000,000 reputation and I will still be here.
Me as well....however one thing:

Johnathanamz: I can keep talking with -1,000,000 reputation the one very good thing about gog.com is their relaxed freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech on GOG has sadly been less than ideal for at least 4-5 years.

---------------------------

Now to lift everyone's spirits and perhaps get everyone thinking more positively:
Post edited October 02, 2020 by GamesRater
high rated
Swedrami: It further deepens the divide between Galaxy users and Galaxy refusers though.
Being a Galaxy user does not necessarily mean that one is okay with GOG selling DRM'ed EGS games via Galaxy. I use Galaxy and I'm not okay with that.

Likewise, being a Galaxy user does not necessarily mean one is okay with Galaxy 2.0. I hate Galaxy 2.0 and am very much opposed to it for a whole lot of different reasons, although I love pre-2.0 versions of Galaxy and use them all the time.
M3troid: I thought UT 2004 was a updatet version of UT 2003.
There are noticeable differences between the two of them. From bot behavior through weapons, to sounds. UT 2003 deserves to be respected as its own entry.

Sadly, no one seems to care so the only option is hunting down a boxed version. Or just pirate it since nobody is making money off of it anyway.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by idbeholdME
low rated
They are not selling DRM Epic games on GOG Galaxy. This just allows you to access your Epic Game Store account through Galaxy. No need to switch between clients to buy your games. I don't what the big deal is. I don't have an EGS or Steam account so I won't even see those options when I open Galaxy. This is just for convenience.
Genocide2099: They are not selling DRM Epic games on GOG Galaxy. This just allows you to access your Epic Game Store account through Galaxy. No need to switch between clients to buy your games. I don't what the big deal is. I don't have an EGS or Steam account so I won't even see those options when I open Galaxy. This is just for convenience.
That's not true. They are selling hand picked games on the store, according to gog people were asking for it.
high rated
Truth007: The epic games will be on gog.com too, the stores arent different on galaxy or the website.
GameN16bit: This new store is a Galaxy feature, that is built specifically for Galaxy. There is zero indication that this will be offered on GOG.com itself.
I have a problem with this statement. Why? The software is called "GOG Galaxy 2.0". And on the front page you can read

"We are GOG.COM, the DRM-free home for a curated selection of games. This place was made for gamers, so make yourself at home."

next to

"The new GOG Galaxy 2.0"

And there is a GOG Galaxy Download button everywhere. The whole website gives me the impression that GOG Galaxy 2.0 is part of GOG.com. Yes, it is optional. But it is still part of GOG.com. You can turn off the GOG store in GOG Galaxy 2.0. OK. But it is still part of GOG.com.

If GOG.com and GOG Galaxy 2.0 were entirely two different concepts, then there should be a clear separation of these two entities. In other words, the software should be renamed and removed from GOG.com.

Alternative: the word "DRM-free" should be removed everywhere.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by toma85
low rated
Genocide2099: They are not selling DRM Epic games on GOG Galaxy. This just allows you to access your Epic Game Store account through Galaxy. No need to switch between clients to buy your games. I don't what the big deal is. I don't have an EGS or Steam account so I won't even see those options when I open Galaxy. This is just for convenience.
Truth007: That's not true. They are selling hand picked games on the store, according to gog people were asking for it.
Is there an official confirmation or at least an article? From what I've read it's just EGS integration to Galaxy.
Truth007: That's not true. They are selling hand picked games on the store, according to gog people were asking for it.
Genocide2099: Is there an official confirmation or at least an article? From what I've read it's just EGS integration to Galaxy.
Here is the official announcement:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/new_store_inside_gog_galaxy_launches_in_test_phase/page1
low rated
Genocide2099: Is there an official confirmation or at least an article? From what I've read it's just EGS integration to Galaxy.
toma85: Here is the official announcement:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/new_store_inside_gog_galaxy_launches_in_test_phase/page1
Thanks! I guess we'll see how this will turn out. I hope that they make it clear which games have DRM.
Genocide2099: Thanks! I guess we'll see how this will turn out. I hope that they make it clear which games have DRM.
I am 100% confident if we keep up the pressure gog.com will clarify it hopefully next week.
low rated
toma85: Alternative: the word "DRM-free" should be removed everywhere.
Or: Everyone could maybe stop getting worrying over such things and just let people buy and play what they want while doing the same themselves....just a thought.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by GamesRater
high rated
StingingVelvet: Yeah. Only way I could see being mad is if Epic games... with DRM, a lot don't have any... are advertised in a way that makes them seem like GOG games. If it's just a shortcut thanks to Galaxy integration, I don't think it's a big deal.
Breja: GOG used to loudly proclaim DRM as something fundamentaly wrong in the gaming industry. Now they are going to be making money off of it. If that's not a "big deal" then I don't know what is.

Not that I expect anything could convince you that something is rotten in the state of GOG.
Right?

Anyone who doesn't see how this is a seriously big deal is part of the problem.