It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our guide to a world of awesome game reviews

Game reviews are important. They help developers get direct feedback on their games, and as gamers they help us make an informed purchase or share our thoughts. Writing a quality review carries a certain responsibility: to do good by both the game and the community. Striking that perfect balance is a challenge, a delicate art that we want to promote.

Next time you're about to write a review, you'll see our simple suggestions for crafting a top-notch review. You can always revisit them from the review form as well.

Focus on your in-game experience: if you have general feedback or need tech support, contact us!
Avoid politics and drama: let the game stand on its own merits.
Critique responsibly: whether it's positive or negative, a great review should be helpful and informative.

We hope that these three essential guidelines will help make GOG.com reviews even more awesome than they already are, but we also don't want to stop there!

CONTEST: REVIEW OF THE MONTH

Together with our friends at ROCCAT we venture to encourage and reward the best reviews on GOG.com – and to that end, we are introducing our monthly Review of the Month contest!

Submit your review for any game (or games!) released on GOG.com between May 1 and May 31, 2016. This time around, the grand prize is the RENGA gaming headset, courtesy of ROCCAT.

Here's what you need to know:

—Once you've posted your review, submit it for consideration by also quoting it in this post's forum thread.
—Keep the review guidelines in mind. A good review can be both entertaining and informative, it can be brief or extensive. It doesn't need to be positive in its overall assessment of the game - as long as it's eloquent and fair (or hilarious), it has our attention.
—All eligible reviews must be about games that have joined the GOG.com catalog within the previous month. For this first phase of the contest eligible reviews shall concern games that came out on GOG.com between May 1 and May 31, 2016.
—Winners will be announced at the beginning of every month with the start of next month's contest. The first round of winners will be announced in early July, giving you guys a bit of extra time to fine-tune your entries. Remember that if you're not happy with the shape of a review you've already posted, you can always contact our support team to rectify that.
—The best review of each month will win a sweet piece of gaming gear, courtesy of the good people at ROCCAT. Any runners-up will receive honorable mentions and one $9.99 code each, to be redeemed at GOG.com.

Let's celebrate the reviews that hit the nail on the head — the most constructive, informative, or fun to read. Grab your keyboards and make some magic happen, GOGers!
Post edited May 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Duskers

a review by SonicFan4178

This is hard game! I keep dyin when I open doors and the ship not move even when I say "go". Also the grafix on hsip are all static and not pretty.

PRos:
1) Can name robots (mine aree Sonic, Tails, an Knuckles)
2) Is in space
3) Can review on GOG without owning
4) Can make own commands, so I blow up robots with "ur gay" :)

CONs:
1) Is not easy
2) Needs thinking
3) No clear if captain is a dude, don't want to play homo or gurl or black guy
4) Espensive but I pirate (see PRO #3)

1 star, PLZ GET SONIC ADVENTURE GOG!!!1!
high rated
IAmSinistar: Nice idea. Shame most of the reviews I submitted recently never made it into the system. They were no masterpieces, but they tried to be decent reviews of the game itself, weighing the pros and cons. But hey, at least all those one line reviews written by angry apes with crayons make it through okay, so maybe I just didn't pass the quality filter. ~_~
None of my reviews ever make it through. I've tried talking to support about it, but they basically told me to try to rewrite and send them again. The review system here is broken. This farce of a contest is a slap in the face to those of us who have tried to send good reviews through.
vulchor: None of my reviews ever make it through. I've tried talking to support about it, but they basically told me to try to rewrite and send them again. The review system here is broken. This farce of a contest is a slap in the face to those of us who have tried to send good reviews through.
I have a few from the earlier days, and which have been marked as helpful by a number of people (for which I am grateful). But more recently they just go into the void. So I've given up on the system.
IAmSinistar:
-laughing- Why not. Open up the floodgates and see what kinds of filth flow through. =)
CarrionCrow: Before I forget, TinyE made a good point regarding the review system.faster.
Err.. actually that was a joke about the jerkmuter script.. :P
Post edited May 19, 2016 by phaolo
CarrionCrow: -laughing- Why not. Open up the floodgates and see what kinds of filth flow through. =)
I'm tempted to try posting that. I bet it would get through before my real review of Duskers. :)
phaolo: Err.. that was a joke about the jerkmuter script.. :P
Yes, I know. The idea is still valid, though. =)
mrkgnao: Does this mean that we can now edit our reviews?
Marioface5: Nope, in the post it mentions contacting Support to change a review you aren't happy with.
-_____-

GOG, let users edit their own reviews already.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by tfishell
Hmm...think I'll pass on this. As others have pointed out, it does whiff of a crude marketing ploy. It's bad enough we get the odd troll review underneath games. This may well encourage ripped-off reviews by people who haven't even played the games.

Best thing that GOG can do is sort out the review system, by allowing things like review editing and allowing users to access their past reviews at a glance in the control panel.
CarrionCrow: Yes, I know. The idea is still valid, though. =)
Indeed. I always wanted a genre filter too, so many that I really dislike anyway they end up clutter. Optional as always of course.
mrkgnao: Here you are:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=730&scp=gdspio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=j0&flt=jne~01052016~jnl~31052016~&opt=nr]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=730&scp=gdspio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=j0&flt=jne~01052016~jnl~31052016~&opt=nr[/url]

The link will update itself as games are added to GOG (until May 31).
The games are sorted by ascending addition date.
Thank you. Maybe they should just add the link to the original post. I mean, the same question got asked again just a few posts below.
IAmSinistar: I'm tempted to try posting that. I bet it would get through before my real review of Duskers. :)
The best part would've been if you posted both, and the fake one won while your real one got runner-up.
IAmSinistar: Nice idea. Shame most of the reviews I submitted recently never made it into the system. They were no masterpieces, but they tried to be decent reviews of the game itself, weighing the pros and cons. But hey, at least all those one line reviews written by angry apes with crayons make it through okay, so maybe I just didn't pass the quality filter. ~_~
vulchor: None of my reviews ever make it through. I've tried talking to support about it, but they basically told me to try to rewrite and send them again. The review system here is broken. This farce of a contest is a slap in the face to those of us who have tried to send good reviews through.
I find that this happens mostly when you go over the character limit. If they were long reviews, then that might be the reason. Thing is, you don't get a notification that you are over the limit and are left wondering why the review isn't listed. It's one of the many problems with reviews on GOG.
CarrionCrow: The best part would've been if you posted both, and the fake one won while your real one got runner-up.
Ha! Given my experiences with the GOG review system, that is sadly probable.
Nirth: Indeed. I always wanted a genre filter too, so many that I really dislike anyway they end up clutter. Optional as always of course.
That would be useful too.
Anything that helps to cut through the piles of information that much faster has value. Who wants their time wasted, after all.