It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KavazovAngel: For people in western countries:

Do you guys take off your shoes when you're at home? In pretty much every movie I've seen, people are walking with their shoes on, in their own homes! :/
I always change my shoes to indoor footwear when in my home , still others walk in with their shoes on. Had my home been more "well kept" then other people would have been asked to take of their shoes when entering my home or stay out . So this is a general attitude in Denmark , I think , some don't care and some won't have you in their home wearing shoes....
Post edited September 11, 2011 by FiatLux
I don't think I will ever understand the purpose of indoor footwear (slippers, etc).
SirPrimalform: I don't think I will ever understand the purpose of indoor footwear (slippers, etc).
Perhaps you just don't move around enough indoor , and perhaps for some it is also a question as to what you walks on indoor is made of ?
(I have very little carpets - almost nothing)
SirPrimalform: I don't think I will ever understand the purpose of indoor footwear (slippers, etc).
FiatLux: Perhaps you just don't move around enough indoor , and perhaps for some it is also a question as to what you walks on indoor is made of ?
I walk around plenty indoors, I do it barefoot on carpet, tiles and floorboards. Maybe your house has gravel on the floor? :P
Post edited September 11, 2011 by SirPrimalform
FiatLux: Perhaps you just don't move around enough indoor , and perhaps for some it is also a question as to what you walks on indoor is made of ?
SirPrimalform: I walk around plenty indoors, I do it barefoot on carpet, tiles and floorboards. Maybe your house has gravel on the floor? :P
Yeah , but do you dance on old wooden floor boards (with splinters) or have to walk on very COLD floors ???
SirPrimalform: I walk around plenty indoors, I do it barefoot on carpet, tiles and floorboards. Maybe your house has gravel on the floor? :P
If you have a dog who has very thick fur which absorbs lots of mud then you may wear socks of some kind of slippers to avoid the muck ingrained in the floor...
Anyway , you might as well have started a discussion about why people wear footwear outdoors as well. We have people with odd attitudes and very dirty feets walking around outside also with no footwear.... So I guess that it all boils down to attitude.
(I could infuture take upon me to walk without footwear outside - but I would for sure wash my feat every time that I stepped into my home !!!)
FiatLux: Yeah , but do you dance on old wooden floor boards (with splinters) or have to walk on very COLD floors ???
Splinters no (if I had splinters I would sand the boards) and I mostly just walk on the cold tiled kitchen floor barefoot, but if the cold bothered me I would wear socks. I didn't mean to cause offence, I just meant that personally I don't understand indoor footwear.
evilguy12: If you have a dog who has very thick fur which absorbs lots of mud then you may wear socks of some kind of slippers to avoid the muck ingrained in the floor...
personally I think that I would either kick out the dog or wash its paws before doing anything out of that concern. Anyway , I normally do not allow animals in my home , I hate dog and cat hairs all over the place - especially in my food - yes I know that I am strange that way :-P
SirPrimalform: Splinters no (if I had splinters I would sand the boards) and I mostly just walk on the cold tiled kitchen floor barefoot, but if the cold bothered me I would wear socks. I didn't mean to cause offence, I just meant that personally I don't understand indoor footwear.
No offence taken .
Earlier, when younger, I used to dance a lot in my home - could never have done that without footwear (it would have ruined my socks or torn up my feats).
FiatLux: Anyway , you might as well have started a discussion about why people wear footwear outdoors as well. We have people with odd attitudes and very dirty feets walking around outside also with no footwear.... So I guess that it all boils down to attitude.
(I could infuture take upon me to walk without footwear outside - but I would for sure wash my feat every time that I stepped into my home !!!)
I walk around barefoot outside in the summer pretty frequently actually, but I realise I'm in the minority there. >.>
Hahah, thanks for the answers. :) Around here, most, if not all people take off their shoes when they are home. It is also polite, if you are a guest, to take off your shoes when entering someone's place, and to even insist to take them off, even if the home owner doesn't care.

About asking people to take off their shoes when entering my home, most people 'follow' the above 'rule', so I don't have to worry much (actually, females follow that rule a bit less).
SirPrimalform: I walk around barefoot outside in the summer pretty frequently actually, but I realise I'm in the minority there. >.>
Don't know about other places, but going barefoot or with socks is just a way to get them all dirty and for me at least, it usually leads to sneezing. I don't wear "slippers" per se though, they're too hot (I'm in the tropics!) and break down easily. I'm a rubber sandals kinda guy.
FiatLux: snip
Are all Danish women beautiful or am I just catching the right ones? =D
FiatLux: Anyway , you might as well have started a discussion about why people wear footwear outdoors as well. We have people with odd attitudes and very dirty feets walking around outside also with no footwear.... So I guess that it all boils down to attitude.
SirPrimalform: I walk around barefoot outside in the summer pretty frequently actually, but I realise I'm in the minority there. >.>
Yeah ! , but in all weather and sometimes in winter too ? - I think not ! (we have some of those types , though not many over here). I also once knew a man who NEVER shaved - menaning that he had to hold up his beard away from his mouth to get food in , the same guy also never washed himself with soap (only water) not to spoil his "protective skin layer" - that lasted until that I conveyed to him that he had to use soap for the sake of other people - if you catch my drift...

And by the way, when I were young I would train myself running barefoot outside on ice and snow in the winter (but that were for training and hardening!!!) - so it is not like I have never been on bare feet !!!!
Just as I very young used to ride to the beach in the winter on two wheels , then go for a long dive swim (comming out of the water with blue spots on my skin) and then take my two wheeler and ride home again....
DaoJones: Are all Danish women beautiful or am I just catching the right ones? =D
There are very many beautiful Danish women , but certainly also some rather not very goodlooking ones, so I think that you are "just lucky" .
But I could say the same about women from many Eastern european countries , other Nordic countries , Britain , Australia , the Usa , some part of Asia , I mean if it were only about looks then : man ! some of those females are just so very goodlooking.....
But when you start to look at compatability (in different ways) , their mentality , behaviour , spirit and so on then the selection rapidly starts to shrink with respect to whats worth even ones attention... (well that is my opinion anyway !!)
FiatLux: We have people with odd attitudes and very dirty feets walking around outside also with no footwear....
*waves*