It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goodbyes are not forever (and war never changes).

It's not the first time we give this advice, but remember to take your Rad-X pills, try not to mistake a G.E.C.K for a gecko (not even remotely the same thing!), and take good care of yourself out there in the wasteland: <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise, is back.
The Fallout games have been with us on day one, and they played an inseparable part in defining the early GOG.com catalog. When they got swept away by radioactive winds, a gaping hole the size of California was left behind that we haven't quite been able to fill... until now!

Once again, you can pick up all three RPG classics at <span class="bold">66% off in a single post-apo bundle that includes:
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

We're welcoming Bethesda Softworks to GOG.com with more bundles, and tons of new classic releases - all DRM-free of course - and don't forget that two The Elder Scrolls classics (The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall) will drop like a bomb straight into your library, completely FREE with any Bethesda purchase. The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
Twitch.tv/GOGcom is worth your attention - we'll be showing off all three returning Fallout games over the next few days, along with many other Bethesda releases!

THURSDAY, August 27th:
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Fallout Tactics with MegapiemanPHD

SATURDAY, August 29th:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Fallout 2 with Outstar
8pm GMT / 10pm CESt / 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT: Fallout 1 with Vlad of The Weekend Slice
DukeNukemForever: I would highly recommend that gog would add some more informations about the differences between Bethesdas re-releases and Interplay classic releases. So far I know the re-release has some mods added, like the Baldur's Gate remakes. Multilingual isn't also new, as the Interplay releases on Dotemu wee also multilingual. That's not a Bethesda excluse, only gogs late move to multilingual support. Also multiplatform support seems to be gone, but that's also no surprise, as GOG did back them for Interplay (first dosbox, later wine versions).

So yeah, some officieal explanations what's new would be very nice.

Edit: Another thing, thread title is talking about Fallout classics while the versions are not the new labelled classics from Interplay. So yeah, kind of confusing. So, are these versions the Bethesdas updated and modded versions like on steam, or are these just the old Interplay versions just new branded?
Paczyk: The only difference between the Classic editions and the Fallouts from Bethesda is that the Classic versions (as we've decided to call them) have more bonus goodies and support one additional platform - OS X. Other than that, those two editions should be identical. The main reason for this difference is that the approval process for the remaining bonus goodies takes a lot of time and we didn't want to hold up the release just because of that. ;)
To answer another question - will we ever have them included in the Bethesda versions? We will do everything in our power, of course, but I can't say for certain that we will.
Could you please explain why the "new" Fallout games are not marked as owned, despite my owning the "old" ones?
I believe he explained that perfectly in the post you quoted.
Paczyk: The only difference between the Classic editions and the Fallouts from Bethesda is that the Classic versions (as we've decided to call them) have more bonus goodies and support one additional platform - OS X. Other than that, those two editions should be identical. The main reason for this difference is that the approval process for the remaining bonus goodies takes a lot of time and we didn't want to hold up the release just because of that. ;)
To answer another question - will we ever have them included in the Bethesda versions? We will do everything in our power, of course, but I can't say for certain that we will.
Cheers for clarifying. I do wholeheartedly hope the bonuses get added for those that purchased the titles now, would be a shame if they didn't get them.

Could you also clarify if those that have the Fallout titles from before are eligible for the free Elder Scrolls games?

mrkgnao: Could you please explain why the "new" Fallout games are not marked as owned, despite my owning the "old" ones?
Take a wild guess.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
DukeNukemForever: I would highly recommend that gog would add some more informations about the differences between Bethesdas re-releases and Interplay classic releases. So far I know the re-release has some mods added, like the Baldur's Gate remakes. Multilingual isn't also new, as the Interplay releases on Dotemu wee also multilingual. That's not a Bethesda excluse, only gogs late move to multilingual support. Also multiplatform support seems to be gone, but that's also no surprise, as GOG did back them for Interplay (first dosbox, later wine versions).

So yeah, some officieal explanations what's new would be very nice.

Edit: Another thing, thread title is talking about Fallout classics while the versions are not the new labelled classics from Interplay. So yeah, kind of confusing. So, are these versions the Bethesdas updated and modded versions like on steam, or are these just the old Interplay versions just new branded?
Just to be sure, I want to ask something. Should I buy the new ones even if I have the classic ones (the store allows me to do it) or just stick with the classic ones?
I bought the Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics years before they were removed from GOG, but it's nice to see them back on GOG and i don't i will re-buy these games.
Ghildrean: Just to be sure, I want to ask something. Should I buy the new ones even if I have the classic ones (the store allows me to do it) or just stick with the classic ones?
just stick with the classic ones
Miracles really do happen :) Congrats on all the big acquisitions today GOG. This will be a day long remembered.
high rated
Ghildrean: Just to be sure, I want to ask something. Should I buy the new ones even if I have the classic ones (the store allows me to do it) or just stick with the classic ones?
Stick with the classics since they are essentially the same :)
If you have them, no! Bethesda would be happy with your money, but they're not struggling to survive, if you want to make a donation, look for some indie game. Otherwise, you're just throwing your money away, imo.
JudasIscariot: Stick with the classics since they are essentially the same :)
Thanks for the confirmation Judas and also kudos to Paczyk for the detailed clarification, good to know there are no differences between the two versions apart from the missing goodies in the re-release which can hopefully be added later on for the folks buying the games now. :)
MusicallyInspire: I believe he explained that perfectly in the post you quoted.
I don't think so. I have several games where I own the deluxe edition with more goodies, yet the regular edition is marked as owned.

mrkgnao: Could you please explain why the "new" Fallout games are not marked as owned, despite my owning the "old" ones?
HypersomniacLive: Take a wild guess.
Because it makes no sense?
Post edited August 26, 2015 by mrkgnao
Love hate release for me.

I love these games and am extremely excited to see them back here where they belong.

Hate to see these released at a much higher price point then what they were originally and with fewer bonuses. I guess we've caught up to Steam after all.

On another note it is great to see Bethesda games here. These GOG guys are getting better and better all the time
Exactly the same, only better, since they have all the bonus features. :P

I really hope Bethesda lets you guys bring them back.
Without the extras, the titles are really not worth buying.
Its not interplay and they are old. Extras add the unique feeling of having *the real thing*.

Please make it change, before the time runs out. : /
high rated
Lin545: Without the extras, the titles are really not worth buying.
Its not interplay and they are old. Extras add the unique feeling of having *the real thing*.

Please make it change, before the time runs out. : /
Like Paczyk said earlier, if we can, we will :)