It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lazydog: GoG have given us all a fantastic opportunity to own games DRM free.

Back up your purchases at the point of sale, there is simply no other excuse for any losses as a failure to do this other than sheer laziness.
What about being dirt poor and can't afford drive space to back up your games?

But yeah i'm not going to argue loss of extras too much.
Being a GOG customer for a while now I am pretty sure that GOG only does pull stuff if they have no other choice. They like their customers and try to be fair but sometimes they just have no choice. So I'd agree that maybe you should at least back up your (wanted) extras. I don't think they will remove any game you purchased before they have to shut down (which hopefully never happens). So if you don't have that much money I'd recommend backing up the eytras you like on some DVDs and if you can offord it use an HDD to store everything. I have given this whole situation a lot of thought and since it is a fact that you don't really ofn the things you pay for at GOG (you only buy the right to use them) you probably cannot do much if they remove it.
Post edited February 07, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Being a GOG customer for a while now I am pretty sure that GOG only does pull stuff if they have no other choice. They like their customers and try to be fair but sometimes they just have no choice.
But if you purchased a product, you own it, and in this case the product came with goodies. I'm ok if some goodies have to be removed, but people who purchased the game (and goodies) BEFORE it was removed should keep it. If not, the product isn't the same you paid for. Also they have no legal obligation to mention the downgrade before they do it but it wuld be nice of their part if they do so.
MarkoH01: Being a GOG customer for a while now I am pretty sure that GOG only does pull stuff if they have no other choice. They like their customers and try to be fair but sometimes they just have no choice.
DracoMagister: But if you purchased a product, you own it, and in this case the product came with goodies. I'm ok if some goodies have to be removed, but people who purchased the game (and goodies) BEFORE it was removed should keep it. If not, the product isn't the same you paid for. Also they have no legal obligation to mention the downgrade before they do it but it wuld be nice of their part if they do so.
In fact with digital goods you don't really own anything but the right to use it. But I do agree that the customer paid for something once and GOG should at least warn them before it is removed - if they have the possibility to do so.
Post edited February 07, 2015 by MarkoH01
I'm sure the database wasn't originally designed to handle extras that only some people would have, but since DLC support was bolted on it should be technically possible.
VanishedOne: but since DLC support was bolted on it should be technically possible.
If the system is PHP or some other OO Class based language, then adding something on is easy, you inherit from the system you want to add to, then add new functions or override older ones. Although i'm not sure how many web languages there are...

Although the D-Forums uses a hand crafted D program to handle it all, and works quite well, so you aren't limited to a specific language if you don't want to be...

As for the Databases... it's easy to add new fields as long as they don't require contents immediately.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by rtcvb32
The Dracula 4 Soundtrack is back - hidden under one of the product bonuses. Don't know how long it will be there so you should probably all download it to be sure it stays :)
Good to know. Could someone check if the same thing happend to the other games with soundtrack removed? At least people who bought it before it was removed.
I really wanted the Lego Harry Potter wallpaper.
It got removed before I got the chance to download it. :'(
THEY ARE REMOVING EXTRAS???
That is a no-go. I payed for them.
What the heck is going on with GOG recently???
high rated
jdsgn: THEY ARE REMOVING EXTRAS???
According to GOG, you didn't - they're all labelled as "FREE". ;-)
HypersomniacLive: According to GOG, you didn't - they're all labelled as "FREE". ;-)
Then they shouldn't mention them before I buy a game. But they do, knowing that this might influence my decision.
Man this is nasty ):
Yes, it is and I had some discussions about it here in the forum. There was one thing that was told to me from a user which is somwhow true. GOG sold the game with the bonus AND you have gotten this bonus. GOG never promised that they will provide the download for it forever. So if you don't download it in time it is not their fault. That was the day I bought an external HDD and saved everything I need.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by MarkoH01
This should now be a thing of the past: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/state_of_bcustomer_experience_b_9a7bd/post162/?staff=yes
It was a very few extras that had to be removed due to licensing issues. They've upgraded the website since the OP, so if an extra is included with the game it stays with the game even if newer purchases can't access it.