It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going viral.

<span class="bold">Zombasite</span>, a fast-paced action/RPG set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world overrun by magically infused zombies, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Toying with the undead is never a good idea. The dark elves thought they had the process figured out but as they were experimenting with their pet zombie army, the magic hidden inside the creatures backfired. Now a terrible blight is overtaking the world and your clan is counting on you to stem this tide of Zombasite-infected monsters. Despite your impressive fighting skills, however, you'll need to remain vigilant in order to survive. Supplies are scarce, rival clans will not hesitate to attack you if you're not in good terms with them, and the local wildlife has just gone haywire. At least you can rely on your skilled followers (controlled either by the A.I. or your friends), to explore this dynamic world together, looking for epic items and world-changing quests that might just help cancel the apocalypse.

Hack and slash your way through a dark fantasy world broken by the <span class="bold">Zombasite</span> infestation, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until November 4.
This looks interesting. Downloading the demo.
So, hypothetically, if one already owns Grim Dawn, Victor Vran and various other Action-RPGs, would this one still be worth buying? Anything truly unique about it? ( And no, zombies don't count. )

I don't know, it could be decent fun, but looks kinda generic at a glance.
Holy crap - a demo! Thanks Soldak and gOg! You just greatly increased the odds that I buy the game.
Great to see that there is a demo. I'll check it out. Thank you!
CharlesGrey: So, hypothetically, if one already owns Grim Dawn, Victor Vran and various other Action-RPGs, would this one still be worth buying? Anything truly unique about it? ( And no, zombies don't count. )

Depends, how heavy on the specs is Grim Dawn?

Though I only have the demo this game seems more suited to people like me who don't have very good computers. Victor Vran is great (ultimately a way better game) but I have to turn everything way down just to play it,
Should I mention that I'm glad to see a demo? Yes I should because it's something that's almost forgotten lately.
CharlesGrey: So, hypothetically, if one already owns Grim Dawn, Victor Vran and various other Action-RPGs, would this one still be worth buying? Anything truly unique about it? ( And no, zombies don't count. )

Maybe the "dynamic, evolving, living world" and "Your choices truly impact the game!" are the big differences. Would be a nice change from the typical set-piece world of these action-RPGs.
Like many others here, I'm pleased to get a demo.
Thank you.
Normally I wouldn't look twice at a hack&slash game, but thanks to the demo the game gets a chance.
Perhaps I'm already infected?
tinyE: Though I only have the demo this game seems more suited to people like me who don't have very good computers. Victor Vran is great (ultimately a way better game) but I have to turn everything way down just to play it,
Oh, I was talking more about the game content and gameplay systems. Have you already tried it? Anything good about it, which stands out from other games in the genre?
HereForTheBeer: Maybe the "dynamic, evolving, living world" and "Your choices truly impact the game!" are the big differences. Would be a nice change from the typical set-piece world of these action-RPGs.
I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that mostly sounds like marketing talk to me. XD

What specifically does that even mean, in gameplay terms?

Either way, I agree that it's nice to have a demo available.
Post edited October 28, 2016 by CharlesGrey
CharlesGrey: I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that mostly sounds like marketing talk to me. XD

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/15/early-access-impressions-soldaks-zombasite/

This was a pretty good preview, of course it was quite a while back for the Early Access version.
Might give you a clue though.
tinyE: Though I only have the demo this game seems more suited to people like me who don't have very good computers. Victor Vran is great (ultimately a way better game) but I have to turn everything way down just to play it,
CharlesGrey: Oh, I was talking more about the game content and gameplay systems. Have you already tried it? Anything good about it, which stands out from other games in the genre?
HereForTheBeer:
CharlesGrey:
Not so far, but I love the genre so it doesn't take much to get me jazzed. It says RPG and yes there is a lot of that, but it is MUCH closer to Daiblo than NWN or Baldurs Gate.
New Soldak=instabuy.

I wonder if we'll see an expansion like the last three games?
I just have to.

BRAINS

Plants vs Zombies - Main theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy86WS7pzoM
Lodium: Plants vs Zombies - Main theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy86WS7pzoM
That's very appropriate seeing how Popcap is undead, too. *shakes fist at sellout owners* Gone from best casual game makers to absolute crap. *le sigh*
Post edited October 28, 2016 by mistermumbles
CharlesGrey: I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that mostly sounds like marketing talk to me. XD

If it's like Soldak's other games, it probably means that enemies tend to work on their own schedules and will be leveling up and getting harder to beat if you don't take them out early. There's a lot of priority management compared to most games in which you can just go at your own pace and do everything.