It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where magic spells doom.

<span class="bold">Zenith</span>, a tongue-in-cheek fantasy RPG with reckless wizards messing with chaotic powers, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 20% launch discount.

Say what you will about Argus Windell's snobbish attitude and outdated ways but the fact is the man knows how to spell. And that's not all too common in a world full of moronic adventurers, criminally overconfident wizards, and volatile cosmic powers. That's why, following a series of unfortunate events, Argus is forced to come back from his early retirement and help clean up the mess before the whole world goes the way of the complimentary cloth map.
Aside from his deep knowledge of the arcane, Argus can also swing a mean spell, when the situation calls for it. Which is good too, because as the story progresses, and the bosses keep growing toothier and toothier, he will need all the special combos, peculiar artifacts, and clever pop-culture references that he can get his hands on.

Get ready to kick some serious monster butt and scold some seriously incompetent heroes as you reach your spellcasting <span class="bold">Zenith</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 20% discount will last until September 27, 3:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xdT7jbAWz4g
Post edited September 20, 2016 by maladr0Id
tinyE: Looks fantastic, but what's with The Riddler?
Looks more like a Leprechaun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ohKPYgh4o
The first 20 minutes are fun!
Eh looks and sounds sorta alright, but I'll definitely wait for some reviews.
tinyE: Looks fantastic, but what's with The Riddler?
Falkenherz: Looks more like a Leprechaun.
You might have me there.
Not really impressed with the fact that the game just came out and has a five star review. Especially since it has no substance, just 'this games funny XD' I'm sure the reviewer's son worked real hard on this game but that seems uncool to me
Post edited September 20, 2016 by liesmith
liesmith: Not really impressed with the fact that the game just came out and has a five star review. Especially since it has no substance, just 'this games funny XD' I'm sure the reviewer's son worked real hard on this game but that seems uncool to me
PM the reviewer and ask him. Maybe he had early access.
Hm, is there any info on the size/expected playtime of the game?
seems like solid fun ;)
very nice trailer
and thanks!
EndreWhiteMane: Anybody catch the protagonist's name? Gerard Riviera. :-)
That's not the protagonist, though. If you look closely, you'll see that Mr. Riviera is the one enjoying his bath while the protagonist is harassing him (still beats getting tickled by magical crabs, I guess).

:)
EndreWhiteMane: Anybody catch the protagonist's name? Gerard Riviera. :-)
That's one of the reasons I'm skipping this game. I don't like games who have to rely on humour, pop culture references, and other peoples' works to fill their universe. It's a shame since the art style and the hack-and-slash gameplay look appealing.
Here's a let's play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ohKPYgh4o

Two outstanding jokes* (first sets up the 2nd one) make me feel warm and fuzzy towards this game.

And, yes, it does seem to have the spirit of the 2004 version of the Bard's Tale.\

*The spider joke sets up the Golem joke.
Has anyone tried this game on Linux with Wine?

I've got a more or less strict 'No Tux, No Bux' rule, but I'm totally willing to break it for this one (provided I'm able to play it, that is). :P
Ok, this one actually surprised me a bit. The graphics look quite modern and decent, and even though it has an undeniable indie feel to it (which can go either way in my books), the blunt humourous narration was appreciated. It's kind of in your face and I like that. As someone else suggested, it reminds me too a bit of The Bard's Tale or even Magicka.

Will definitely have to keep an eye on this one and watch some more vids.
muntdefems: Has anyone tried this game on Linux with Wine?

I've got a more or less strict 'No Tux, No Bux' rule, but I'm totally willing to break it for this one (provided I'm able to play it, that is). :P
I had no luck. I tested it with Debian 8 and Backportkernel 4.6 and R9280X with proprietary fglrx driver. I used playonlinux with wine 1.9.18-staging and 1.9.19-staging. I tried to install vcrun 2013, 3dx9, 3dx11 and dotnet 4.5 but the game always chrash while loading the mainscrren. Installation works and the 2 intro video, too.
But the game does not run jet for me. Perhaps anybody has an idea. Here is the output from starting the game from cli:

/usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "Zenith" %F
Looking for python... 2.7.9 - selected
[main] Message: PlayOnLinux (4.2.5) is starting
[clean_tmp] Message: Cleaning temp directory
Script started /home/marco/.PlayOnLinux/shortcuts/Zenith
[POL_System_CheckFS] Message: Checking filesystem for Zenith.exe
[POL_Wine] Message: Running wine-1.9.19-staging Zenith.exe %F (Working directory : /home/marco/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Zenith/drive_c/GOG Games/Zenith)
[POL_Wine] Message: Notice: PlayOnLinux deliberately disables winemenubuilder. See http://www.playonlinux.com/fr/page-26-Winemenubuilder.html
Mono path[0] = 'C:/GOG Games/Zenith/Zenith_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = 'C:/GOG Games/Zenith/Zenith_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = 'C:/GOG Games/Zenith/Zenith_Data/Mono/etc'
shader.c:1237: unsafe_impl_from_ID3D11GeometryShader: Zusicherung »iface->lpVtbl == &d3d11_geometry_shader_vtbl« nicht erfüllt.
[POL_Wine] Error: Wine scheint abgestürzt zu sein

Wenn Ihr Programm weiter läuft, ignorieren Sie diese Nachricht
[POL_SetupWindow_Init] Message: Creating new window for pid 26636
[POL_SetupWindow_Close] Message: Closing window for pid 26636
[POL_Wine] Message: Wine return: 5
I think the problem is 3dx11....if I google that problem I have found another game, with the same message:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=33920
Here is the bugreport:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41295

Hope I could help and I hope anybody finds a solution....
i_ni: Why is it called "Zenith"? (no major spoilers please)
from what I understood the game is about a retired hero (who needs to return to his heroic trade), so he's beyond his zenith I guess :)