It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Another adventure game from Pendulo Studios, a Spanish company which gave us the highly popular Runaway series. Yesterday has a much darker story than those from the studio’s previous games. It involves a string of disappearances and deaths on the New York City streets. All of them seem to be linked somehow to mysterious John Yesterday, a man who has no memories of his past…

Solve the mystery of Yesterday now on GOG.COM, DRM-free, with a 75% discount until 3rd December 2019, 2 PM UTC. Also, check out the game's prequel - Yesterday Origins.
Noice. Bought
Instabuy, I thought we already had this here, but then I checked it was the Yesterday: Origins.
Spanish text and voice lost, as on steam, a pity because i play it as New York Crimes in Spanish.

However the second part with a 80% discount is an instant-bought.
Post edited November 28, 2019 by argamasa
So ..... which one should I play first? Chronologically speaking, I mean. Did they first make Yesterday, and then explained his being in Origins, or do I start with Origins as that won't spoil anything from Yesterday?
musteriuz: So ..... which one should I play first? Chronologically speaking, I mean. Did they first make Yesterday, and then explained his being in Origins, or do I start with Origins as that won't spoil anything from Yesterday?
Hi, first Yesterday and then Yesterday Origins as they were released.
musteriuz: So ..... which one should I play first? Chronologically speaking, I mean. Did they first make Yesterday, and then explained his being in Origins, or do I start with Origins as that won't spoil anything from Yesterday?
argamasa: Hi, first Yesterday and then Yesterday Origins as they were released.
This. Origins is a sequel, not a prequel. The description by GOG is definitely wrong - you have no chance to understand the events in Origins if you didn't play the original game.
Sad that they did not include the German version of the game. It's a point and click and it's well known Germans love those ... so I'd say bad decision if it was not because of legal issues.
Post edited November 28, 2019 by MarkoH01
Really pleased to see this! I've been avoiding the sequel because I had no access to the original game. At the super-discounts offered, both of them are now insta-buys for me.

Very cool start to the day. And random flash deals to look forward to as well...
MarkoH01: Sad that they did not include the German version of the game. It's a point and click and it's well known Germans love those ... so I'd say bad decision if it was not because of legal issues.
The German version of the game was published by Crimson Cow like all adventures from Pendulo since Runaway, except Yesterday Origins and Blacksad. I don't know if they are still in business. Their last Twitter post was from 2013.
Yahoo! I now have all the games from Pendulo studios in my collection on gog!! :)
Thanks to argamasa and Pygmalion_4678 for your replies.
GOG.com: Another adventure game from Pendulo Studios, a Spanish company which gave us the highly popular Runaway series. Yesterday has a much darker story than those from the studio’s previous games. It involves a string of disappearances and deaths on the New York City streets. All of them seem to be linked somehow to mysterious John Yesterday, a man who has no memories of his past…

Solve the mystery of Yesterday now on GOG.COM, DRM-free, with a 75% discount until 3rd December 2019, 2 PM UTC. Also, check out the game's prequel - Yesterday Origins.
So would you say we got yesterday today, then? What a paradox. o.0
argamasa: Hi, first Yesterday and then Yesterday Origins as they were released.
Pygmalion_4678: This. Origins is a sequel, not a prequel. The description by GOG is definitely wrong - you have no chance to understand the events in Origins if you didn't play the original game.
But nowhere in the description do they say it´s a sequel, they haven´t said anything wrong in the description.
Pygmalion_4678: This. Origins is a sequel, not a prequel. The description by GOG is definitely wrong - you have no chance to understand the events in Origins if you didn't play the original game.
Tarhiel: But nowhere in the description do they say it´s a sequel, they haven´t said anything wrong in the description.
From the release news of Yesterday: "Also, check out the game's prequel - Yesterday Origins." That's wrong, Origins is a sequel and contains massive spoilers for Yesterday.
Post edited November 29, 2019 by Pygmalion_4678