It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A brand new adventure for West of Loathing has just arrived. Reckonin' at Gun Manor is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. Solve the mystery of the eponymous Gun Manor and the ghostly carriage that goes there.

Until 28th February, 2 PM UTC, you can buy West of Loathing on GOG.COM with a 30% discount and Reckonin' at Gun Manor DLC with a 15% discount.
The offline backup installer isn't correct.

It's not an .exe file, it's... something called an .sh file?

In any case, it's junk and can't be used.

Great job, GOG.
yogsloth: It's not an .exe file, it's... something called an .sh file?
You're looking at the Linux version.
yogsloth: It's not an .exe file, it's... something called an .sh file?
mk47at: You're looking at the Linux version.
Nope. I've definitely selected "Windows"

Which is to say, maybe it's a Linux thing and GOG has put the wrong file up there. But in any case, there's no .exe to be found.
yogsloth: Which is to say, maybe it's a Linux thing and GOG has put the wrong file up there. But in any case, there's no .exe to be found.
Then they've made a GOG. Maybe they are hiding the Windows version in the Linux download section in preparation for the Easter festivities?
I'm shocked. I honestly expected West of Loathing to be delisted. I'm not entirely sure that that wouldn't still be a good idea, given their attitude about gog, patches and this DLC up to now.
mk47at: You're looking at the Linux version.
yogsloth: Nope. I've definitely selected "Windows"

Which is to say, maybe it's a Linux thing and GOG has put the wrong file up there. But in any case, there's no .exe to be found.
I don't own this game, but when this happens with DLC of a game I own, switching to a different version and back to windows usually fixes it. Might be worth a try.
Post edited February 21, 2020 by FlockeSchnee
Why is this game so special ?
yogsloth: Nope. I've definitely selected "Windows"

FlockeSchnee: I don't own this game, but when this happens with DLC of a game I own, switching to a different version and back to windows usually fixes it. Might be worth a try.
Yeah, I tried. Both the Linux and the Windows downloads are the same .sh file.

It's an amazing game. Very silly RPG, but actually extremely fun combat, good story, plenty of secrets to discover. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

We'll just see how long it takes GOG to upload the *****-POUNDING EXECUTABLE so we can actually play the DLC
FlockeSchnee: I don't own this game, but when this happens with DLC of a game I own, switching to a different version and back to windows usually fixes it. Might be worth a try.
yogsloth: Yeah, I tried. Both the Linux and the Windows downloads are the same .sh file.

It's an amazing game. Very silly RPG, but actually extremely fun combat, good story, plenty of secrets to discover. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

We'll just see how long it takes GOG to upload the *****-POUNDING EXECUTABLE so we can actually play the DLC
I have been looking at this game every once in a while with interest, but I always get the impression the fights might be too hard for me. I'm not really good at these kind of games. But ... good story and plenty of secrets. Hm. OK, I will put it on my wishlist and see how I feel about it in a while. Thanks.
FlockeSchnee: I have been looking at this game every once in a while with interest, but I always get the impression the fights might be too hard for me. I'm not really good at these kind of games. But ... good story and plenty of secrets. Hm. OK, I will put it on my wishlist and see how I feel about it in a while. Thanks.
lol, no, the fights are pretty easy

This ain't exactly a game for hardcore D'n'D-ers here

The combat is actually really fun, turn-based JRPG kinda style, and not difficult at all. The only fights you're likely to lose are if you take on way more than you can handle, and the game makes it pretty obvious if you're about to do that... and the penalty for losing a fight is small and humorous. The game is way more about the silly story and the oodles and oodles of secrets stashed everywhere.
the devs f'ed up pretty hard but I'm glad they finally got around to updating here. I wouldn't buy this or future products from the devs though
Is anyone familiar with this DLC? Do you need to play through the campaign again in order to access it? How much content does it add, how long does it take to complete? I've finished the main game already and liked it a lot, but I don't want to replay the whole game and I wonder if playing the DLC independently makes sense and whether it's worth it or not ...
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Leroux
crap devs not to b trusted

pass
GOG seems to have fixed the installer problem. Downloading it now.
Leroux: Is anyone familiar with this DLC? Do you need to play through the campaign again in order to access it? How much content does it add, how long does it take to complete? I've finished the main game already and liked it a lot, but I don't want to replay the whole game and I wonder if playing the DLC independently makes sense and whether it's worth it or not ...
You can start the DLC once you've reached the first city.
I got 2 1/2 hours out of it. I personally wouldn't say it's worth it. Didn't laugh a single time during the whole DLC, which was the sole reason of my purchase. Meh...

Oh, well. Installed Dishonored, which I'll start tomorror. :D
Post edited February 22, 2020 by NuffCatnip