It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fight Chaos in this ultimate version of Warhammer: Chaosbane, which includes the Tomb Kings expansion, all existing content, and the new Witch Hunter class.

Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 50% discount lasting 24 hours - until 11th November 2020, 5 PM UTC. During that time, also Warhammer: Chaosbane base game receives a 50% discount that will end on 11th November 2020, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I, too, bought the Magnus edition, thinking it would be the ultimate package. What pisses me off is that the old Magnus edition was also 50% more expensive than this new Slayer Edition! This is completely unfair to those of us who bought that "ultimate" edition.

I happened to have bought it at 66% off at the time, so now with the current 50% discount this basically means that it is now at roughly the same price I previously paid, but with the new DLC. Actually, it's even a Canadian dollar cheaper.

I wonder if I can get a refund so I can buy this Slayer Edition instead. This way, I would technically be paid to get that DLC :D.
Breja: Emotes pack? Pet pack? Gold boost? Paying real money for in-game gold? Are you fucking serious? What is this shit even doing in an offline single-player game?
Pay to win, now in single player too. A sign of the times, I guess.
Anime-BlackWolf: Expanded Bestiary
New Zones
Expanded Hub Areas
4K Texture Pack (Optional Download - Free)
There is no way they have a 4K texture pack (or any new zones) with this on GOG, the DLC itself is only 5MB as stated in the gamecard.
The 5 MB file only activates the hidden files in the normal installers. All content EXCEPT the 4K graphics should be included in those. As for the 4K texture pack itself?

Who knows what is listed as actual "bonus" download when bought here.

Maybe there is an optional 1-2 GIG texture pack hidden there to download.

Maybe. Since GOG don't tell us any details about the DLC itself. :(
Breja: Emotes pack? Pet pack? Gold boost? Paying real money for in-game gold? Are you fucking serious? What is this shit even doing in an offline single-player game?
WinterSnowfall: Pay to win, now in single player too. A sign of the times, I guess.
The real sign of the times is that no one else seems to find it even noteworthy, not to mention objectionable. I swear, one of these days we'll have a game released here that has you pay $1.99 to loot each enemy and people will roll with that too :D
WinterSnowfall: Pay to win, now in single player too. A sign of the times, I guess.
Breja: The real sign of the times is that no one else seems to find it even noteworthy, not to mention objectionable. I swear, one of these days we'll have a game released here that has you pay $1.99 to loot each enemy and people will roll with that too :D
The game is already criticized till death (well founded criticism too), so why continue with that?

The Season Pass was "not well received" (a few emotes, god-bonus and ONE story DLC, yeah ripoff...), so GOG spared us with that crap. We could buy those "full" editions for the main game and story DLC alone. At least I did so. With large discount.

Now the same circle begins again. Buy the NEW story DLC? Without knowing how much we will get for our money?
Post edited November 11, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
MadalinStroe: Wait a minute, what just happened? I bought the Magnus Edition when it was released here, which came with everything.

Now you add a new DLC, delete the old complete edition, you give me the base game since it now includes most of the old DLC, and you introduce a NEW COMPLETE EDITION that I can't own without rebuying everything AGAIN?
Seconded. Very confusing to me as well.
Dantre: I, too, bought the Magnus edition, thinking it would be the ultimate package. What pisses me off is that the old Magnus edition was also 50% more expensive than this new Slayer Edition! This is completely unfair to those of us who bought that "ultimate" edition.

I happened to have bought it at 66% off at the time, so now with the current 50% discount this basically means that it is now at roughly the same price I previously paid, but with the new DLC. Actually, it's even a Canadian dollar cheaper.

I wonder if I can get a refund so I can buy this Slayer Edition instead. This way, I would technically be paid to get that DLC :D.
Also seconded. The appeal of Magnus edition was that it was, so I thought, the Ultimate complete version of the game. That said, if all that is missing is this one new DLC, I suppose the damage isn't so bad so to speak. Shame on any of us who hoped a modern game could be a complete package.
Post edited November 11, 2020 by rjbuffchix
MadalinStroe: Wait a minute, what just happened? I bought the Magnus Edition when it was released here, which came with everything.

Now you add a new DLC, delete the old complete edition, you give me the base game since it now includes most of the old DLC, and you introduce a NEW COMPLETE EDITION that I can't own without rebuying everything AGAIN?

I think I'm done with buying games on the PC for a while...
Anime-BlackWolf: If you (and all others, me included) bought the old Magnus Edition, we have ALL DLC but the new Witch Hunter DLC.

So we need to buy the Witch Hunter DLC (sold for 9,99 €) and we have the "new" complete edition.

It seems now the "low tier" extras as pets or power packs can only be bought in the "new" big edition. Not the biggest problem. Was so the last months till today, too.

EDIT: so guys, is the new "class" worth 10 Euro? Anyone with inside views here?
Was wondering more or less exactly this, with a side order of "why isn't there an upgrade pack for the new complete edition rather than rebuying the whole game?"
is extremely common for online games and single player mobile games.. also pretty sure I've seen it in another single player PC game recently.

but yeah, it sucks and is EA level cringe worthy.
Anime-BlackWolf: Maybe there is an optional 1-2 GIG texture pack hidden there to download.
From the previous installer for the base game to the new one it went up by 4GB and the only change was the new witch hunter DLC

And in the extra executable option you can select 4k (see attached image) they do actually make a difference!
Attachments:
Post edited November 11, 2020 by Starkrun
Anime-BlackWolf: Maybe there is an optional 1-2 GIG texture pack hidden there to download.
Starkrun: From the previous installer for the base game to the new one it went up by 4GB and the only change was the new witch hunter DLC

And in the extra executable option you can select 4k (see attached image) they do actually make a difference!
Thanks. So we ARE on par with Steam / better off, because Steam will get the new texture pack in a few days, it seems not to be available now.

Nice advertising GOG, so now the users must find out what they buy / have bought themselves. :(

rjbuffchix: Seconded. Very confusing to me as well.
Dantre:
rjbuffchix: Also seconded. The appeal of Magnus edition was that it was, so I thought, the Ultimate complete version of the game. That said, if all that is missing is this one new DLC, I suppose the damage isn't so bad so to speak. Shame on any of us who hoped a modern game could be a complete package.
I went over to Steam to read the patch notes for the Witch Hunter DLC and it seems there's a lot changes and updates to the core game. What is confusing me is, do those changes apply to owners of all editions? or just Slayer Edition owners? (I own the Magnus Edition myself)

The Steam patch notes makes it seem like only WH DLC owners get those updates. I hope I'm reading it wrong, because that would make the DLC more of an expansion vs say a Director's Cut version (Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun: Dragonfall got those free to existing owners for example) and it means base and Magnus editions owners will never get the improvements and bug fixes. Doesn't seem right if that's true.

I hope the devs or GOG reads this thread and helps clarify this so we all understand the facts rather than rumors.
Nope, all versions of games on GOG are / should be equal, the differences lie with the additional DLCs to buy.

So we ALL here should have the same game build (1.15 - 20.11.06 is mine at this moment), some have the small DLC and the big one ("Magus Edition"), some should have those AND the new Witch Hunter DLC ("Slayer Edition").

This is the normale procedure here on GOG, unless a game was official retired and replaced ("Bard's Tale IV", "Wasteland 2", "Darksiders 2").

The DLC itself activates extra features in the game that are hidden for "normal" buyers.
Anime-BlackWolf: Nope, all versions of games on GOG are / should be equal, the differences lie with the additional DLCs to buy.

So we ALL here should have the same game build (1.15 - 20.11.06 is mine at this moment), some have the small DLC and the big one ("Magus Edition"), some should have those AND the new Witch Hunter DLC ("Slayer Edition").

This is the normale procedure here on GOG, unless a game was official retired and replaced ("Bard's Tale IV", "Wasteland 2", "Darksiders 2").

The DLC itself activates extra features in the game that are hidden for "normal" buyers.
I have a new doubt: looking on Steam, some DLCs seem to be absent from the GOG version, but maybe they were simply integrated in the basic version. Do you know if this is the case? The supposedly missing DLCs are:
XP Boost
Helmet Pack
Skulls Pack (Free)
Nope, sorry. I PRESUME they were included into the game, because they were released on the same day as the game itself (day 1 DLC). But I don't know how to check that very fast. :(