It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Made in a close partnership with Games Workshop, a story-rich classical RPG set in one of the most iconic universes of all time, made by Owlcat Games, developers of the critically acclaimed Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is now available on GOG! To make things even better, by purchasing the game in the first week of the release you'll receive Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate and Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War as a GIFT.

Moreover you can grab the game’s in its Deluxe Edition or Voidfarer Edition, and snatch the DLCs: Deluxe Pack, Voidfarer Pack, Limited Outfit, as well as Season Pass.

Please note: contents of the game’s DLCs are currently unavailable to access while playing offline. The issue is being actively investigated and should be soon resolved.

Let’s explore why it was such an anticipated title!

In Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, Begin your adventure aboard your personal, giant voidship, traveling between the multitude of systems within the Koronus Expanse, a barely charted and incredibly perilous region of space. Despite being considered a backwater of the Imperium, this region encompasses an enormous stretch of the void, filled with dangerous creatures and prodigious opportunities for profit and exploration.

Your role as Lord-Captain is pivotal; your choices wield consequence. Whether displaying mercy or disdain, upholding loyalty to the God-Emperor, or delving into alliances with enemies of Mankind, each decision, from character creation to quest outcomes, shapes the dynamic open world and its inhabitants.

Forge alliances and build your crew, composed of valiant heroes, enigmatic psykers, and even dubious xenos. These loyal companions will accompany you into the abyss of space, providing counsel, aiding in battles, and contributing to the accumulation of power. In turn, your influence will guide them through personal journeys that alter their destinies.

Precision is paramount in the game’s isometric turn-based tactical combat system. Strategize within the intricacies of cover, exploit the environment, and carefully position your forces to gain the upper hand. When conventional tactics fall short, leverage your companions' formidable abilities to triumph in even the direst situations. With a faithful adaptation of the classic Rogue Trader ruleset, the game unfolds with an abundance of possibilities waiting to be explored.

And if you’d like to join our Twitch Stream of the game, feel free to do so on December 10th, 6 PM UTC!

Dive into the uncharted depths of the Koronus Expanse, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is OUT NOW!
high rated
Nah not a Cent of my Money goes to Russia
kotcore: Nah not a Cent of my Money goes to Russia
Because every person in a country thinks exactly the same as their government.
kotcore: Nah not a Cent of my Money goes to Russia
They are Russian developers, but they don't live in Russia,I think they live in Malta.
The game looks awesome, alway wanted to play a Warhammer CRPG!!!! Congrats Owlcat Games!
Post edited December 08, 2023 by KetobaK
Breja: Why do all screenshots of a now fully released game have "alpha footage" written on them?
The store page was up before the game launched. It looks like they didn't update it.
high rated
Some gamers will do whatever they can to justify their ignorance of deeds made by "orks" in some Civilized Countries like Finland, Japan, Moldova, Georgia, Chechnya (Ichkeria), and Ukraine.
+
All sane gamers will avoid Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader like it is a Box of Pandora that they do not want to open. As I wrote before, if you want to play Warhammer 40,000 games there are a lot of really good games in this universe in the store, I like the Dawn of War series so much.
high rated
I'm absolutely for boycotting companies that still retain business in Russia, as they are indeed co-financing a genocide.

I've been looking into the matter for the past half hour, but it does NOT look like Owlcat pays taxes in Russia.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RogueTraderCRPG/comments/17muate/just_a_question_from_a_concerned_fan/
(Our) Studio is fully independent and is based out of Cyprus, and our HQ has always been at Cyprus from the very foundation. Taxes obviously also go to Cyprus. All ties to the said company have been severed back in 2019, when we went out as an independent studio, and long before all the recent events.

We are making games and don't engage in politics in any way. People who try to portray it in a different light or attempt to attribute to us some random old contacts of a big corporation, within which we happened to begin our journey as a small studio, are attempting to hype on a false narrative.
You don't funnel money into Russia by buying this game.

Disclaimer: I'm still tired as hell of their "we don't engage in politics" bullshit, because staying out, remaining neutral, not taking a stand ALWAYS helps the oppressor. So, basically, fuck these cowardly devs anyway. At least Putin isn't getting that dough.
Post edited December 08, 2023 by Vainamoinen
high rated
From the forum code of conduct:
Political discussions not related to a video game are not permitted. Threads created exclusively to talk about politics will be locked. Users who ignore this rule repeatedly will be met with moderation.

Stick to the topic please, I don't want a release thread to get locked.
Glad multiple platforms are offered! Thanks so much!
This is why I personally don't play politics in video games. I buy games of all nationalities because video games are a pleasure, nothing more, nothing less. Video games must remain a pleasure and not be diverted for something else.
Post edited December 08, 2023 by Lukin86
Game has controller support. Store page doesn't mention that for some reason (at time of posting).

Edit:typo
Post edited December 08, 2023 by J Lo
Vainamoinen: Disclaimer: I'm still tired as hell of their "we don't engage in politics" bullshit, because staying out, remaining neutral, not taking a stand ALWAYS helps the oppressor. So, basically, fuck these cowardly devs anyway. At least Putin isn't getting that dough.
That's easy enough to say from the comfort of your home without a gun pointed at your head. Owlcat has employees that still live in Russia and/or has family in Russia. Best you can hope for is not outright supporting Russia in their aggression. Russia has made it absolutely clear what it does to those who speak out against them within their reach.
tremere110: That's easy enough to say from the comfort of your home without a gun pointed at your head. Owlcat has employees that still live in Russia and/or has family in Russia. Best you can hope for is not outright supporting Russia in their aggression. Russia has made it absolutely clear what it does to those who speak out against them within their reach.
I have all the empathy, love and respect in the world for Russian citizens who could withstand 25 years of fascist brainwashing, and if we're being honest, if there is ever to be 'peace' (not just defined as an end to the Russian Vernichtungskrieg in Ukraine), it will be built on the shoulders of these Russian citizens. Russian employees are a dealbreaker though, because that's tax money for Putin's war chest. And the choice of Cyprus as their new HQ, well, that's some shady shit right there.
https://www.icij.org/investigations/cyprus-confidential/cyprus-russia-eu-secrecy-tax-haven/

Lukin86: This is why I personally don't play politics in video games. I buy games of all nationalities because video games are a pleasure, nothing more, nothing less. Video games must remain a pleasure and not be diverted for something else.
Good luck with that. Remember George Orwell's words: "every writer, especially every novelist, has a "message," whether he admits it or not, and the minutest details of his work are influenced by it. All art is propaganda."
People buy the game, or just go, let's keep the forum politics free!
tremere110: That's easy enough to say from the comfort of your home without a gun pointed at your head. Owlcat has employees that still live in Russia and/or has family in Russia. Best you can hope for is not outright supporting Russia in their aggression. Russia has made it absolutely clear what it does to those who speak out against them within their reach.
Vainamoinen: I have all the empathy, love and respect in the world for Russian citizens who could withstand 25 years of fascist brainwashing, and if we're being honest, if there is ever to be 'peace' (not just defined as an end to the Russian Vernichtungskrieg in Ukraine), it will be built on the shoulders of these Russian citizens. Russian employees are a dealbreaker though, because that's tax money for Putin's war chest. And the choice of Cyprus as their new HQ, well, that's some shady shit right there.
https://www.icij.org/investigations/cyprus-confidential/cyprus-russia-eu-secrecy-tax-haven/

Lukin86: This is why I personally don't play politics in video games. I buy games of all nationalities because video games are a pleasure, nothing more, nothing less. Video games must remain a pleasure and not be diverted for something else.
Vainamoinen: Good luck with that. Remember George Orwell's words: "every writer, especially every novelist, has a "message," whether he admits it or not, and the minutest details of his work are influenced by it. All art is propaganda."
If we had to boycott a game because of foreign policy we might as well boycott all the games. Like the American games because the Americans have massacred thousands of innocent civilians in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan) with their drone attacks for example. NATO bombings (including my country France but also Germany and others during the various conflicts of the 20th and early 21st centuries which also killed civilians like the wars in the Balkan and etc.). Unfortunately, not everyone is white. Personally, I leave politics in the closet regarding video games.Otherwise I couldn't play anything.And video games for me are as much pleasure as I have.
Post edited December 09, 2023 by Lukin86
I think Wrath of the Righteous was peak Owlcat. This could have a little trouble, unless the 40k nerds totally support it which they probably will.