It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This world deserves a better evil.

<span class="bold">War for the Overworld</span>, a dungeon management game that lets you build your underground kingdom, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 5%-50% launch discount. It comes with GOG Galaxy support for Achievements, Leaderboards, and Crossplay.

The Overworld prospers while the Underworld has fallen into disarray, as demonic horrors and mischievous creatures hide in fear. But no more! With each new recruit and room that you claim, your dark power grows. Build, command, and expand your domain and soon the complacent kingdoms above will know your wrath!

Looking for some extra challenges and added variety, your malevolence? Check out the <span class="bold">Anniversary Collection</span>, which includes the <span class="bold">Heart of Gold</span> and <span class="bold">My Pet Dungeon</span> DLC, plus the <span class="bold">Underlord Edition</span> content. If you want to alter your minions appearance, check out the <span class="bold">Worker Skin Collection</span> DLC.

The 5%-50% discount will last until June 21, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: The base game is now available on GOG Connect until June 21, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
Wonder if it will be noticed in all this summer sale chaos...
Another DLC fest. A 4 MB skin collection for EUR 3.39? No, thanks. I'm not supporting developers/distributors taking the industry this way, so I'm not buying even though the game looks good.
high rated
Wottie: Another DLC fest. A 4 MB skin collection for EUR 3.39? No, thanks. I'm not supporting developers/distributors taking the industry this way, so I'm not buying even though the game looks good.
Hey Wottie - All DLC content is included in the main game download as any of it can be used in multiplayer, all the DLC download does is unlock the content. The skins themselves are considerably larger than 4mb :)

They were originally released individually as a bit of fun on Steam for those that wanted to support further development (as most of our major content updates were completely free of charge), and we wanted to ensure all content was available on GOG so we bundled them together at a discount for sale here.
Is gameplay like the Dungeon Keeper series?

I would love to see such a game where you spread out and conquer other lands (think of turn based strategic map of several kingdoms/islands/worlds, with you fighting in real time as with this game, for each of them).

I love strategy games and this looks good. If I didn't have 4 other games that I do let's play of, I would definitely buy it and do one on my youtube channel.

As for DLC, I have no problem when the game is complete and there is DLC that adds cosmetic eh additions, or even extra content, as long as the original game is not half baked just to have DLC to sell later. Thankfully this does not appear to be the case with this game.
For multiplayer, am I reading it right that there's Galaxy, LAN and direct IP?
high rated
Fortuk: For multiplayer, am I reading it right that there's Galaxy, LAN and direct IP?
Yup, that's correct. All of these methods are also cross-compatible with the Steam version.
Bought this was going to buy on steam after the April fools video but held off til it came here and now that it is it is in my library. Cant wait to play this.
Simburgur: Yup, that's correct. All of these methods are also cross-compatible with the Steam version.
Cool! You should add that to the description because that's a big selling point.
high rated
aluinie: Bought this was going to buy on steam after the April fools video but held off til it came here and now that it is it is in my library. Cant wait to play this.
If The Cynical Imp is the video is the one you are referring to, you can now get that skin by donating to GamesAid here (in a few hours anyway - GOG codes are getting added to those widgets soon™).
Sheeeet, locks like I attached our Kick Starter key to my wifes account. No GoG connect for me.
... and more regional price hikes, of course. "Market realities" say we're really rich over here, eh? (Not that it's in any way right to have hikes even for the countries that are.)
Fortuk: For multiplayer, am I reading it right that there's Galaxy, LAN and direct IP?
Simburgur: Yup, that's correct. All of these methods are also cross-compatible with the Steam version.
LAN *and* direct IP? There's never been a company more deserving of my money. Instabuy.
high rated
mechmouse: Sheeeet, locks like I attached our Kick Starter key to my wifes account. No GoG connect for me.
If you are a Kickstarter backer keep an eye on the WFTO GOG forum, there's an FAQ going up shortly that will detail how you can claim a free key :)
mechmouse: Sheeeet, locks like I attached our Kick Starter key to my wifes account. No GoG connect for me.
Simburgur: If you are a Kickstarter backer keep an eye on the WFTO GOG forum, there's an FAQ going up shortly that will detail how you can claim a free key :)
Thanks.