It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's about forking time!

Ransome Unbeeped is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
He may not be handsome, but he's *beeping* Ransome! The potty-mouthed clown of Thimbleweed Park, who's consistently amusing but never amused, is finally getting un-censored in this very unwholesome DLC. Let his mouth run wild, unrestrained by those annoying *beeping* sounds, which were added in a misguided effort to preserve his political correctness.
A fool's errand, that was.
groze: Not trying to whine abut "business practices" or how "disappointed I am in my CHILDHOOD HERO, Our Lord and Saviour Ron Gilbert", I just have an honest-to-god question about how the DLC works: I bought it since I truly want to hear how Ransome sounds, uncensored. Then, I installed it. Thing is, there is nothing in the game options clearly stating whether the "unbeeping" is enabled or disabled. Am I to assume that, once you install the DLC, Ransome gets uncensored by default, and if I want to play with the beeps again I need to uninstall the DLC?
I would assume so. In Galaxy there are tick-boxes for DLC, not sure how it works if installed from an offline installer.
high rated
This is a prank or a joke, I'm 100% sure! And they will come out at some time (the commotion will create attention for the game as well) and donate the money for charity or something, I predict...
SirPrimalform: Clearly. Originally the actor produced those beep sounds with his mouth. After many careful months of digital manipulation they have managed to unbeep his lines.
They were recorded without bleeps, that much is correct. But you're mischaracterizing what happened afterwards in the attempt to manufacture outrage, and that, well, belies your wonderful tagline. Neither could the original files be put in unedited, nor was putting the new audio files in a click of a button.

Maybe they should have gone with exactly your words in the press release. Hmmmmm. *Bleep* it, can we get a new press release? GOG? Ron??
DLC for Point-and-click? Ouch.What comes next? Keyboard input DLC for Text-based games?
low rated
Vainamoinen: They were recorded without bleeps, that much is correct. But you're mischaracterizing what happened afterwards in the attempt to manufacture outrage, and that, well, belies your wonderful tagline. Neither could the original files be put in unedited, nor was putting the new audio files in a click of a button.

Maybe they should have gone with exactly your words in the press release. Hmmmmm. *Bleep* it, can we get a new press release? GOG? Ron??
You're misinterpreting my motivation. I am in no way trying to manufacture outrage, my genuine opinion is that it is beyond ridiculous to charge for this. I get the joke that the game was written around him being bleeped out but that is no excuse for charging money for basically giving us assets from a slightly earlier stage.
According to Groze there aren't even any options to switch between, which does suggest that this DLC is a simple file swap mod.
Guter: This is a prank or a joke, I'm 100% sure! And they will come out at some time (the commotion will create attention for the game as well) and donate the money for charity or something, I predict...
Either that or they'll add something of substance to the DLC for free? Perhaps there's already more to it.
Post edited March 01, 2018 by SirPrimalform
WTF?! :)
I'm not very interested in hearing an obnoxious clown swear every two seconds, but I guess it's nice to have options. I think it's funny that he is somehow, inexplicably censored.

I don't need them myself, and they aren't required, but achievements might be good to have. Given that all other platforms this game is on, seem to have them. (Where applicable). It would be a nice gesture and show that, even a year later, you care about your GOG customers.
high rated
SirPrimalform: It would be hilarious but for the fact that they really are charging for something that should be there by default.
Wrong. It shouldn't be there at all. Ever. The beeping is part of a carefully crafted joke. Remove the beeping, ruin a bunch of jokes. Removing the beeps is like giving people the option to remove the "Doh"s from The Simpsons.

I think it's a genius tongue-in-cheek joke by the dev. You want to remove the beeps, and actually make the game less funny? Give me $2.
Caesar.: Has April's Fools arrived one month early this year?
Thanks, that was my first thought as well.
I want to see sale statistics for this one.
Klumpen0815: Wow, I thought that paid decensoring DLCs are just a thing for lewd weeb games.
This is a new low.

*removes Thimbleweeb Park from wishlist*
1.99 eu to remove the beep is *beep* ing original idea, but will people buy this ?
IFW: WTF?! :)
You're in need of this DLC. :)
gamesfreak64: 1.99 eu to remove the beep is *beep* ing original idea, but will people buy this ?
Someone in this thread already has.
gamesfreak64: 1.99 eu to remove the beep is *beep* ing original idea, but will people buy this ?
Klumpen0815: Someone in this thread already has.
thats a good start
high rated
There has to be a catch to this. It's a meta-joke or there's more to the DLC than it says there is.

groze: Not trying to whine abut "business practices" or how "disappointed I am in my CHILDHOOD HERO, Our Lord and Saviour Ron Gilbert", I just have an honest-to-god question about how the DLC works: I bought it since I truly want to hear how Ransome sounds, uncensored. Then, I installed it. Thing is, there is nothing in the game options clearly stating whether the "unbeeping" is enabled or disabled. Am I to assume that, once you install the DLC, Ransome gets uncensored by default, and if I want to play with the beeps again I need to uninstall the DLC?
Developer said that you need to turn it on in setting > video.