It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witch's House MV is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until May 2nd, 1pm UTC.

A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
Isn't this a remake of a f2p game?
No gameplay shown in screenshots or video, yet it's called an "RPG"? What actually is it?
Bah, another crappy pixel walking, sim. Where are the real games GOG!?

Sarcasm, people. From what I've heard, inčestring story, but sadly not my cup of tea. So I hope for something else:-)
mqstout: No gameplay shown in screenshots or video, yet it's called an "RPG"? What actually is it?
AFAIK, that is the gameplay
mqstout: No gameplay shown in screenshots or video, yet it's called an "RPG"? What actually is it?
It's a horror/puzzle game made in RPG Maker (which is an engine). The RPG tag is wrong and even the "Adventure" one is debatable. Granted, I only know the 2012 game. You are basically in one single house and are solving puzzles to clear up the story a bit. It's also rather short with it being 2-3 hours and I don't see how they changed that. You also die a fair amount of time, even just from interacting with just the wrong thing.
Zoidberg: Isn't this a remake of a f2p game?
Yep, it is.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by Lucumo
low rated
NEXT!
Is it as good as / any better than Corpse Party?
I'm really not sure why I should care about this game.
high rated
I played the original last year and I must say this is one of the best games I've played last year!

It's neither an adventure game nor an RPG though.

It's a non-survival exploration-focused horror game with tons of instant death traps. And a twist that's so hidden that you won't even understand it until you get the true ending and then you can't sleep for a week.

If you have any further questions about the game, feel free to ask.
Bigs: Is it as good as / any better than Corpse Party?
Definitely as good and comparable.

Death comes much faster in this than it does in Corpse Party, but you save more frequently too. It has significantly less dialogues than Corpse Party as you are mostly alone in a house full of death traps. Also I found it much scarier than Corpse Party. Mostly because the threat is not as visible and the game won't reveal early on what it is all about.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by RyaReisender
F2P?

AFAIK the game was free in the old fashioned sense.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by SirPrimalform
Seeing how these kind of games are coming here, it'd be interesting having other classic horror-rpg games like ib an yume nikki
low rated
Mafwek: Bah, another crappy pixel walking, sim. Where are the real games GOG!?

Sarcasm, people. From what I've heard, inčestring story, but sadly not my cup of tea. So I hope for something else:-)
agreed can we have some actual GOOD games here instead of stuff thats made in RPG maker and probably overpriced
SirPrimalform: F2P?

AFAIK the game was free in the old fashioned sense.
Yes, as in "free" to "play". I use it in the "plain english" sense. :P

But alright, using the contraction may have been misleading, but you're pushing it.

Besides, you didn't even answer the question.
Zoidberg: But alright, using the contraction may have been misleading, but you're pushing it.

Besides, you didn't even answer the question.
f2p has a specific meaning and ain't the same thing as freeware.

Ok, to answer your question, no it is not a remake of a f2p game. ;P