It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Procedurally generated steampunk roguelike heist action adventure.

<span class="bold">The Swindle</span>, a sneaky 2D heist action adventure, is available now for Windows and Mac - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount!

From the creators of hilarious and wonderfully janky adventures Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please! comes the standout release that blends all the things that are just the coolest: crime capers, steampunk, and hand drawn art. The Swindle is a procedurally generated crime caper adventure with a bit of roguelike permadeath for good measure. As a petty (or not so petty if you're good enough) thief, your job is to locate your target, break in, then GRAB EVERYTHING YOU CAN AND RUN. In a rare proposition for stealth-based games, staying unnoticed is only half the battle, and inevitably being found out doesn't mean you've failed. In fact, that's when the game turns into an action-packed and frantic race against time to get out with your pockets stuffed and your bones intact. You're going to fail a lot, but you'll also do a little better each time with a steady flow of upgrades and unlocks to make your next thief, and your next heist, even more profitable.

<span class="bold">The Swindle</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for two weeks, until August 11, 12:59 PM GMT.
Looks nice! Can't understand why it needs 4 gbs of ram though...
GOG.com: snip....
Seems like you forgot to add the video trailer on the game page ;)
Looks cute, regional pricing means instant wishlist though.
"time-limited".. .in the description is worrisome... still may wish-list this for now.
Russonc: "time-limited".. .in the description is worrisome... still may wish-list this for now.
Yeah, what does it mean by "time-limited?" Is the game similar to Rogue Legacy?
This came out of nowhere for me - never heard about it.

Looked at the screenshots, thought to myself: "This looks nice, very interesting!"

Saw the Trailer, thought to myself: "Gosh,...that's very hectic...maybe a little too hectic for my taste."

Read the description..."time-limited", "Procedurally generated", "No two maps are the same", ...erm,...nope - not for me.

Sorry! :(
Not big on time-sensitive gameplay, so this one will have to wait until a bigger sale. Does sound like Rogue Legacy type of fun otherwise, though.
Nice release.
Not particularly into it's aesthetic. And " specialize in hacking or bombs"?, as a thief I'd go with stealth...
The time limit and procedural generation don't sound like what I want in a stealth game. For me a stealth game should be all about meticulously designed levels, and preferably all the time in the world to crack them.
This looks interesting. I expect that the time limit is implemented cause of time constraints when real burglaries occure. Will wishlist.
Time limit is set strategically, not tactically. Every mission has no time limit but after every mission it counts as one day, at least in the beginning. This is better in my opinion but I still think it will be a problem based upon procedural nature of the game. If the map is made impossible or almost, you might want to "give up" and try again but you'll have to sacrifice a day then. There's an alarm system too which makes maps quite unforgiving especially if the structure isn't ideal. Combined with ever increasing dangers make upgrades seem rather redundant or superfluous: this game is meant to be freaking hard I think.

It's a pity because the setting is terrific and very atmospheric.
Haven't played the game myself, but from watching this videos I think the time limit is not during the heist itself, but how many times you can start a heist before you need to reach the goal of the game (see at about 5:13min of the video).

So each heist uses up 1 day and you have 100 days to reach the end, but during a heist you take as much time as you want as long as you don't trigger an alarm.
I noticed a recent trend of "The Clue!" styled heist games of late. Since "The Clue!" was the very first one of it's kind that I've played and enjoyed, every other game sort of comes right after, but in a good way. From screenshots, it seems you might be able to customize your main character. Is this true?