It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coming back to the family hotel after years, a young woman finds herself trapped along with the ghosts from her past. The Suicide of Rachel Foster is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 25% discount lasting until 26th February 2020, 5 PM UTC.

Help the game’s protagonist, Nicole, in leaving the large mountain lodge with the support of a FEMA agent she contacts using one of the first radiotelephones ever built.
quest for braces
XYCat: quest for braces
Actually these braces are really confusing me. What do they have to do with the game?
XYCat: quest for braces
MarkoH01: Actually these braces are really confusing me. What do they have to do with the game?
Undiscarded remnants of a teeth pulling session perhaps? Given some weird - to say the least- stuff that seems to have happened in that hotel....
Unfortunately this is once again a trailer that does not give me a true idea of the actual gameplay. Is this a walking sim or does it have actual puzzles? Anyway - I am getting strong Overlook vibes when wathcing the trailer. It seems as if the devs were true Kubrick fans (just watch the carpet in one scene of the trailer).
MarkoH01: Actually these braces are really confusing me. What do they have to do with the game?
I assume these are Rachel's braces. Braces are usually worn by teenagers, and she was still a teenager, when she got pregnant and committed suicide (at least that's how I understand the game's description).
BreOl72: I assume these are Rachel's braces. Braces are usually worn by teenagers, and she was still a teenager, when she got pregnant and committed suicide (at least that's how I understand the game's description).
Yeah, that would make sense.
Every time I see view bobbing I think I'm controlling a Battlemech instead of walking around as a human :)
Otherwise, it looks like a nice Gone Home like.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by AlienMind
"These bracers not mine!" -- SCREAM, SCREAAAM,
"... NOT MINE!" - scream. Then all gets quiet.
AlienMind: Every time I see view bobbing I think I'm controlling a Battlemech instead of walking around as a human :)
On GOGs twitter GOG is talking about puzzles - nothing about puzzles in the game description here ... or I did not find it.
Newly released and already 25% discount. Doesn't sound too promising.
Checked on reviews and discussions and for me, it's a hard pass. For those liking walking simulator type games with not that many hours of gameplay -seen mentioned around 5 if you take your time then that's fine, it's just not my thing. Then there's the case of the 'feature' initially put forward in the game description by the Devs, kinda cringy, so cringy in fact that they got rid of it after some backlash.

Better safe than sorry so would advise doing some serious homework on that game beforehand.
Flyingfluffypiglet: Then there's the case of the 'feature' initially put forward in the game description by the Devs, kinda cringy, so cringy in fact that they got rid of it after some backlash.
"feature"? I guess I'm out of the loop. What "feature" is that?
AlienMind: Every time I see view bobbing I think I'm controlling a Battlemech instead of walking around as a human :)
MarkoH01: On GOGs twitter GOG is talking about puzzles - nothing about puzzles in the game description here ... or I did not find it.
On the game card the genre is "Adventure - Puzzle - Mystery". I hope it indeed has some puzzles.
MarkoH01: On GOGs twitter GOG is talking about puzzles - nothing about puzzles in the game description here ... or I did not find it.
ChrisSZ: On the game card the genre is "Adventure - Puzzle - Mystery". I hope it indeed has some puzzles.
I didn't care for spoilers so I read a walkthrough. It's literal walkthrough, as all you do is walking until something happens. There is some minimal interaction like clicking on something to turn it on or open it but I don't see real puzzles.
I would like to know what "feature" Ffp is talking about too. Just say it rather than being all mysterious about it.
The only puzzle of the game is finding out what this aborted "feature" was about.
Post edited February 20, 2020 by Dogmaus