It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience an epic multilayered story that has been developed across three titles and was designed to captivate new and old fans alike. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. In this colorful anime RPG, you can explore some newly annexed lands of the Empire with a new squad of heroes and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
low rated
rjbuffchix: "Thanks" for perpetuating the problem you're complaining about. Not that you're not allowed to feel that way, but I hope you and others realize that by buying on that other store, it's only reinforcing the second-class treatment of GOG customers. Glad to see it's been addressed already and is here (though I'm a little confused why NISA is making a digital "limited" edition...not a cool practice).
karnak1: Very well stated!
I find it amazing how people seem to always complain about "problem X or Y" (and this applies not only to GOG but to several major issues in the world as well) but in the end they become a part of the problem, instead of the solution.
I am a consumer and simply want to enjoy the best version of the game there is. GOG has been lagging behind in terms of second-class treatment from publishers (such as the case we see here) for at least half a decade already. I do not want to get the worse version just to make a statement because my one purchase will not have a tangible effect. GOG has been too lax with publishers who disadvantage GOG customers; they need to enforce better parity.

At this moment, there is still no demo, no achievement art, Cold Steel 2 achievements are bugged only on GOG as per earlier replies, few ways for publisher to post news and similar, a much less active community forum, and finally no option for GOG key with the physical Limited Edition.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Wazhai
high rated
Wazhai: no achievement art

Cold Steel 2 achievements are bugged only on GOG as per earlier replies
Cold Steel 3 has achievement art, but not the same ones as Steam. Yet not a thing to not buy a game over in my opinion. That is me and to each there own pet-peeves, I know I have plenty.

Cold Steel 2 achievements are only bugged when using higher than 1.4 version of the game. They do work if using 1.4 or lower. Which is a annoyance you have to roll back a games version in Galaxy, but it's not completely bugged where their not achieved. Not sure if a new patch fixed this yet. However, this is just what I'm going off via the forums when I was deciding to buy the series of Cold Steel games on the Spring Sale to COVID binge-game the series. Anyway, I will be finding this out soon enough if the versions still matter. If it is a problem or you just don't care to bother risking it. Well anyone wanting the achievements only has to roll back one patch, so hopefully with the previous patches in place there is no game breaking bugs.
low rated
karnak1: Very well stated!
I find it amazing how people seem to always complain about "problem X or Y" (and this applies not only to GOG but to several major issues in the world as well) but in the end they become a part of the problem, instead of the solution.
Wazhai: I am a consumer and simply want to enjoy the best version of the game there is. GOG has been lagging behind in terms of second-class treatment from publishers (such as the case we see here) for at least half a decade already. I do not want to get the worse version just to make a statement because my one purchase will not have a tangible effect. GOG has been too lax with publishers who disadvantage GOG customers; they need to enforce better parity.

At this moment, there is still no demo, no achievement art, Cold Steel 2 achievements are bugged only on GOG as per earlier replies, few ways for publisher to post news and similar, a much less active community forum, and finally no option for GOG key with the physical Limited Edition.
Well I'm a customer and not a consumer with a inflated ego. Just go consume product and get exited for new product.
high rated
I think we have two versions here at the moment.

- The normal version without extras
- The Limited Steam Edition with the REAL Soundtrack (see pictures of tracks!)

So we only have the option "cheap" and nothing or "expensive" and the full complete version that was limited to steam until now.

This time no "pseudo" OST for us like last time with "Ys VIII".

EDIT: bought the Limited Edition. It comes with TWO soundtracks, as I thought.

One 99 MB, one 465 MB. One the sample. one the complete one.

AND TWO artbooks, a small one of 10 MB and a large one of 66 MB.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
low rated
EDIT: I removed my fuming post because apparently I had made it based on incorrect information.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
high rated
EliteAlien: Cold Steel 3 has achievement art, but not the same ones as Steam. Yet not a thing to not buy a game over
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's outrageous and absolutely is a thing not to buy a game over! I see my Achievements constantly whenever I have Galaxy open, which is often.

All the other Trails games on GOG show me beautiful & unique artwork which is enjoyable to admire, and all of which aesthetically matches each other from one Trails game to another.
You can stop fuming mr Dragon. Just bought the game here and can confirm achievement art is now displaying correctly.

EDIT: Added screenshot.
Attachments:
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Hikage1983
high rated
My game account for the Limited Edition looks like this now, see pictures.
Attachments:
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
low rated
Hikage1983: You can stop fuming mr Dragon. Just bought the game here and can confirm achievement art is now displaying correctly.
Thank you for telling me. And thank you to NISA/GOG for fixing that.

That's a huge load off my mind and now I feel very relieved that I can enjoy my Achievements in peace and with full Steam parity.
Hikage1983: You can stop fuming mr Dragon. Just bought the game here and can confirm achievement art is now displaying correctly.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Thank you for telling me. And thank you to NISA/GOG for fixing that.

That's a huge load off my mind and now I feel very relieved that I can enjoy my Achievements in peace and with full Steam parity.
Anytime. Also the DLC related crashes etc. have been fixed as of version 1.04 which is already available here. Have fun!
high rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Thank you for telling me. And thank you to NISA/GOG for fixing that.

Hikage1983: Anytime. Also the DLC related crashes etc. have been fixed as of version 1.04 which is already available here. Have fun!
The achievement icons were initially the same as the PS4 version, so they were official, but I also prefer this version with all the custom icons.
Eternauta42: The achievement icons were initially the same as the PS4 version, so they were official, but I also prefer this version with all the custom icons.
Figured as much. Most NISA games do feature bland trophy art like that on sony systems, indeed.
Wazhai: I am a consumer and simply want to enjoy the best version of the game there is.
Well, that would rule out the Scheme version assuming it has the usual DRM :)

Wazhai: GOG has been lagging behind in terms of second-class treatment from publishers (such as the case we see here) for at least half a decade already. I do not want to get the worse version just to make a statement because my one purchase will not have a tangible effect. GOG has been too lax with publishers who disadvantage GOG customers; they need to enforce better parity.
Are you familiar with the idea of leverage, in the sense of negotiating? Without customers supporting GOG, GOG does not have leverage to enforce anything. Why would NISA (or any publisher) listen to GOG if people are going to buy the game on Scheme anyway?

Look I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, maybe DRM is not even that big a deal to you; I am just saying that without individual customers making a statement, GOG doesn't have enough leverage to enforce parity. It's a sad reality maybe, but seems to be the reality nonetheless.

Honestly, it's a much more complex situation than this too, because many publishers appear inherently biased against DRM-free even when there are thousands of eager users here that would buy their games (I'm talking big stuff like Resident Evil, GTA, etc).
Hi just wanted to Tell These People that think they are getting the “Full“ Ost with the Limited Edition, to Look closely on the net Howe many tracks the full ost has. Just to be clear, what you are getting in the Limited Edition ist the same ost everyone got, who bought the Physical Thors Edition. So donˋt spread missinformation please.
high rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's outrageous and absolutely is a thing not to buy a game over! I see my Achievements constantly whenever I have Galaxy open, which is often.

All the other Trails games on GOG show me beautiful & unique artwork which is enjoyable to admire, and all of which aesthetically matches each other from one Trails game to another.
They've updated just recently, it was showing nothing but medals with different images on them, and now it's been changed. You so you should be happy and I'm happy for you. I'm not telling you personally, nor anyone not to have a different opinion. As I said, "in my opinion", it's not something that bothers me.

Though we all have out pet-peeves. Heck the numbers on GOG bother me more than images. Yet, I don't seem to see the achievements all over the Galaxy client. Perhaps I need a beta branch? I only ever see achievements images if I go out of my way to open the games page so to speak. Then the activity feed in it is very limited unless you press the "My Progress" tab. Along with the fact the profile "activity feed" (edit: I mean the one with hearts and stuff via gog(dot)com/feed as the one on Galaxy is more limited than the webpage). isn't even on GOG Galaxy. At least not on my Galaxy 2.0. Hmm, is there a like code for a higher beta access than the already open beta?
Post edited March 24, 2020 by EliteAlien
high rated
Wazhai: I am a consumer and simply want to enjoy the best version of the game there is.
rjbuffchix: Well, that would rule out the Scheme version assuming it has the usual DRM :)

Look I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, maybe DRM is not even that big a deal to you; I am just saying that without individual customers making a statement, GOG doesn't have enough leverage to enforce parity. It's a sad reality maybe, but seems to be the reality nonetheless.
Despite my issues with this release on GOG, if the Steam version had Steam DRM, I would have bought the game here. But the game files are identical, such that CS3 runs just fine without Steam. The Steam files even include Galaxy64.dll

GutsSerk: Hi just wanted to Tell These People that think they are getting the “Full“ Ost with the Limited Edition, to Look closely on the net Howe many tracks the full ost has. Just to be clear, what you are getting in the Limited Edition ist the same ost everyone got, who bought the Physical Thors Edition. So donˋt spread missinformation please.
justporter: I googled it and found the same 20 songs listed on the included soundtrack. There are actually 5 additional songs too, do other editions really come with more than 25 tracks?
BTW the full soundtrack is 90 songs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXgvRyxTwNGWJ2MGgI_uwNqp
This is not sold outside of Japan with four discs that include everything. It is on Spotify, however.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Wazhai