It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
As I said, The Special Edition was a free addition for Legendary owners. So I'd say that If Bethesda had the will to do so, they could add the 2011 version as an extra for GOG owners of the anniversary edition.
high rated
Mod Organizer 2 has been updated to support the GOG (and Epic Games Store) version of the game.

SKSE has also been updated, and now seems to load plugins better.

There's still a bunch of SKSE plugins out there that haven't been updated for the new version of the game, but at this point most mods will work fine the GOG version.
The new SKSE version seems to have made things worse (at least on my end), I immediately got CTDs and the MCM menu did not load under any circumstances all of a sudden. Had to tinker with multiple files once again.

I'm starting to get seriously fed up with this version.
Happy Birthday GOG, I bit the bullet and bought the Anniversary Edition, though I owned the special edition on steam.
Given how long it takes me to get to games these days I'm taking a gamble any mods I might want to use will probably be sorted out by then.
NuffCatnip: The new SKSE version seems to have made things worse (at least on my end), I immediately got CTDs and the MCM menu did not load under any circumstances all of a sudden. Had to tinker with multiple files once again.

I'm starting to get seriously fed up with this version.
Under the previous SKSE64 version the engine fixes (mod) did not work for me, it always gave a "trampoline error" at startup. Now, with the new SKSE64 version it works. I just looked at SKYUI and the MCM looks normal (for me).

Sounds kinda like a not yet compatible mod on your end? I hope for you that you find the error. I just wanted to write this so you can exclude that it is a general error.

I keep my paws crossed for you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edit:
Und da frage ich mich nun gerade warum ich das eigentlich auf englisch habe übersetzen lassen?! Strange! ^_^
Post edited October 09, 2022 by Bibbsi
Yeah, i went ahead and got a refund after the "GOG compatible" SKSE gave me warnings on startup about .dlls and what have you. That was a few days ago so maybe something has changed since, but what I want is to be able to install and run all my mods hassle-free like I did on Steam. Once that's the case I will rebuy it. Also this discounted price on Anniversary Edition is higher than it has been on literally every store except Epic.
installed an played just fine at my end but i don't care about mods anyway
Lesser Blight Elemental: Yeah, i went ahead and got a refund after the "GOG compatible" SKSE gave me warnings on startup about .dlls and what have you. That was a few days ago so maybe something has changed since, but what I want is to be able to install and run all my mods hassle-free like I did on Steam. Once that's the case I will rebuy it. Also this discounted price on Anniversary Edition is higher than it has been on literally every store except Epic.
That's not a problem with the GOG version specifically. Skyrim got updated on Steam as well and Steam users are running into messages about outdated DLLs as well.
31 pages already and still no fortune_p_dawg. :-o
Experiment513: 31 pages already and still no fortune_p_dawg. :-o
And that is? And is it something that is connected to GOG?

Sorry - I use a lot of mods (on the GOG Skyrim SE edition using Mod Organiser 2), but this one has escaped my attention obviously.
Experiment513: 31 pages already and still no fortune_p_dawg. :-o
JClosed: And that is? And is it something that is connected to GOG?

Sorry - I use a lot of mods (on the GOG Skyrim SE edition using Mod Organiser 2), but this one has escaped my attention obviously.
fortune_p_dawg is a user on the forum who:
* For a long time, kept wanting Oblivion to be released here, and put it in their forum title
* After Oblivion's release, switched over to wanting Skyrim, and put it in their forum title
JClosed: And that is? And is it something that is connected to GOG?

dtgreene: fortune_p_dawg is a user on the forum who:
* For a long time, kept wanting Oblivion to be released here, and put it in their forum title
* After Oblivion's release, switched over to wanting Skyrim, and put it in their forum title
And in lots of other release topics asked where Skyrim was etc. :-P
dtgreene: fortune_p_dawg is a user on the forum who:
Experiment513: And in lots of other release topics asked where Skyrim was etc. :-P
Evil GOG repeatedly took away from them their reason to live.

Next stop, TES 6? Pesky Bethesda still did not published that. Damn! XD
Sheershaw: Mod Organizer 2 has been updated to support the GOG (and Epic Games Store) version of the game.

SKSE has also been updated, and now seems to load plugins better.

There's still a bunch of SKSE plugins out there that haven't been updated for the new version of the game, but at this point most mods will work fine the GOG version.
Hi,
SO we can you MO 2 with GOG version now? I saw some posts elsewhere that MO2 could not " find" the GOG version of the game. I dont know much about computers. If you could confirm. I do like MO2 but I want to make sure it works with GOG game and I dont have to copy and paste some commands or files. Thanks
Carl1960: Hi,
SO we can you MO 2 with GOG version now? I saw some posts elsewhere that MO2 could not " find" the GOG version of the game. I dont know much about computers. If you could confirm. I do like MO2 but I want to make sure it works with GOG game and I dont have to copy and paste some commands or files. Thanks
Yes there is an update patch for the GOG version.
It's just a .dll file you download and replace the existing copy of game_skyrimse.dll with it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=files
Post edited October 24, 2022 by olnorton