It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
OMG, OMG, OMG... SKYRIM FINALLY!!! I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS!

I might actually break my GOG and Bethesda boycott for this. Oh wait i only see anniversary and special edition, where is Legendery!? I wanna play good old Skyrim.

Presumembly the classic version is hidden like on steam. I mean i got the Special for free becuse i owned legendary on steam, but it was an instant uninstall couse of poor performance, and i prefer the original.
Besides GOG used to stand for Good Old Games, so where is good old Skyrim?
00063: OMG, OMG, OMG... SKYRIM FINALLY!!! I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS!

I might actually break my GOG and Bethesda boycott for this. Oh wait i only see anniversary and special edition, where is Legendery!? I wanna play good old Skyrim.

Presumembly the classic version is hidden like on steam. I mean i got the Special for free becuse i owned legendary on steam, but it was an instant uninstall couse of poor performance, and i prefer the original.
Besides GOG used to stand for Good Old Games, so where is good old Skyrim?
I think the problem with the old version is that is 32-bit... it can run better on really old hardware but the Special edition is better for the future (so I think is a good thing that this version is on gog, without ingame menu with login, creation club and other crap drm-like things).
I can understand that some people with old hardware prefer the old 32-bit version but they will change hardware eventually and Special edition usually run better on modern hardware since it can use more resources.
I actually tried both version thanks to a friend (I never got any drm version, I got this yesterday here) so I know what I'm talking about... on modern hardware Special edition is run much better.
DD & Ji Ji: off topic: Which one is better ( longest , most content ) Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim ?
Daggerfall is still the biggest and IMO the best ES game ever made.
LiefLayer: I think the problem with the old version is that is 32-bit... it can run better on really old hardware but the Special edition is better for the future (so I think is a good thing that this version is on gog, without ingame menu with login, creation club and other crap drm-like things).
I can understand that some people with old hardware prefer the old 32-bit version but they will change hardware eventually and Special edition usually run better on modern hardware since it can use more resources.
I actually tried both version thanks to a friend (I never got any drm version, I got this yesterday here) so I know what I'm talking about... on modern hardware Special edition is run much better.
Well from the brief 15 min of gameplay with Special edition, before going back to Legendary. I expereinced an ugly blur, and some other graphical changes that i couldn't (didn't know how to) successfully disable, also the game wasn't running as smoothly as the old version.

Oh and apparently you can still buy the old one on steam, if you know where to look.
Post edited October 01, 2022 by 00063
LiefLayer: ...
The Skyrim Legendary is not just about the older hardware. The Legendary offers a completely different gameplay experience than the Special Edition. The original Skyrim was kind of "gray on gray", partly with a lot of "drab" colors and unique weather. In contrast, look at the Special Edition with its bright and cluttered colors and Smurf-blue skies. It doesn't have much in common with the original Skyrim. Sure: the game is still the same - but the atmosphere is completely different.

I use in the Special Edition this Mods for the Legendary-Feeling:
- Skyrim Legendary Weathers
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16725/
- Skyrim Distant Blur
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40873/
Together with:
- Pouring Rain
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6077/
Post edited October 01, 2022 by DropA
Shocker Bethesda had to Bethesda this release with no Creation Kit. I have to own Steam and the Steam version of the game to get the Steam version of the Creation Kit to mod GOG version of Skyrim. Logic! >.<
DD & Ji Ji: off topic: Which one is better ( longest , most content ) Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim ?
paladin181: Daggerfall is still the biggest and IMO the best ES game ever made.
Daggerfall really does have more of everything. More cities, more dungeons, more generic NPCs, more bugs...
DarkeningDemise: Shocker Bethesda had to Bethesda this release with no Creation Kit. I have to own Steam and the Steam version of the game to get the Steam version of the Creation Kit to mod GOG version of Skyrim. Logic! >.<
Yeah!
That's what I asked Mr. Spock and he also says that's illogical.
Hoping for Fallout 4 next. Take note GOG. :D
LiefLayer: most mods should already work, skse was updated yesterday.
the only thing missing is the kit to create new mods.
This quoted statement is incongruent with my experience.

After many dozens of failed attempts, Vortex Manger finally correctly installed the SKSE into my GOG version of Skyrim.

But then when I loaded Skyrim using the SKSE exe, then this message comes up:
You are using a newer version of Skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports.
If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code.
In the meantime, please check http://skse.silverlock.org for updates.
Do not email about this!
Runtime: 1.6.659
SKSE64: 2.2.2
So with that being so, how is it possible that some of you are saying you are making SKSE mods work already with the GOG version?

Also, what's the ETA on when the GOG version might have SKSE support that works?
Post edited October 01, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
im wondering how many of the older mods (handy ones) which havent been updated recently work (if any) with gog version...

Are there any mod recommendations for people planning to buy this version?
Post edited October 01, 2022 by Niggles
Loger13: Can we get (for example, as an unsupported bonus) the Legendary Edition?
Since you were able to persuade Bethesda to get Skyrim here, do it with the Legendary Edition as well. If only for the sake of preserving the game's history (but also as a nice bonus for fans of Good Old Games).

P.S.
And original Doom 3 + RoE.
I agree original versions should be available, but unlike Doom 3 and Deus Ex HR I know of no real reason to prefer the original version of Skyrim.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Also, what's the ETA on when the GOG version might have SKSE support that works?
The GOG version of SKSE already works.
I get no error messages, and SkyUI which requires SKSE is working.
olnorton: The GOG version of SKSE already works.
Yet the GOG version of SKSE is the one I installed with Vortex Mod manager, and that error message still comes up for me anyway. So what's up with that?
olnorton: The GOG version of SKSE already works.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Yet the GOG version of SKSE is the one I installed with Vortex Mod manager, and that error message still comes up for me anyway. So what's up with that?
I don't know, I've never used Vortex Mod Manager.
But if you just put skse64_loader.exe and skse64_1_6_659.dll in the main folder, and the scripts folder in the data folder, and start the game with skse_loader.exe it works.
Post edited October 01, 2022 by olnorton