It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
dtgreene: (Note that such a player wouldn't enjoy Arena or Daggerfall; Morrowind is the first game in the series to have such nice overworld graphics, though it's worth noting that Morrowind's world is more alien than Oblivion's or Skyrim's.)
I wouldn' say that. I'm enjoying Daggerfall for weeks now. If you use the proper mods you get some quite nice, impressive landscapes on the screen, far away from those flat boring expanses of the original game.
"It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access."

Nice! If they acted like 2K with Mafia, they would have said "No Creation Club, so no extra content" lol. Nice to see that some studios still care.
Who remember how Valve and Bethesda make PAID 3rd-party-mods store? Not for long. Later bethesda make some mods as official remastered re-editions. And again.
Although its return to normal modding with free mods - game keep been with DRM there or there. Now everything is DRM-free.
A lot of people are certainly happy, today. Not really a fan of Elder Scrolls but I've been buying them all, in order to support GOG and making more of the bigger games DRM-free.
Stage 1: Pirate Skyrim.. complete the game
Stage 2: Buy Skyrim on steam, complete game again
Stage 3: Buy Skyrim again on Steam SE, use Steam emuator just to feel whst DRM free would feel like, complete the game again
Stage 4: Buy the game on GOG. Will play Skyrim as it should be.

Am I a sucker for this "mediocre" game? Maybe

It's a bit sad that the last release of Skyrim is the proper one, But it's hard to collpain when i can finally enjoy it DMCA free.

This was not my birthday, This was GOG's and one of my best friends'.

Thank you GOG. This can easily be considered BIG milestone. If you can pull this off, you can even more.

I can't wait for other AAAs to get here.

Godspeed!!
Gudadantza: Or for those with poor laptops. Dramatic improvements or not, the jump to the Special edition doubled the minimum requirements
Lodium: i dont think the minimum requirements are necessarily true
i have played games with bigger requirements but still been fine with lower specced hardware
i had to adjust to lower settings so it wasnt optimal but still playebal somewhat
but in some cases the devs just have to set a spec where they can say the game can run stable withouth fiddling too much with the settings

Not sure if it can be done in this game though
i cant be arsed to test it out now due to not having enough space for the game on my HD and i need to buy a larger capicity one to figure out if lower end hardware and settings work with this game
I know on low settings it ran on a rig with 8 gb mermory shared with the APU so 8gb mermory is like a ''safe guard''.. similar to Fallout 4 but I can't be arsed to look up what the APU was as its a older rig
Post edited September 30, 2022 by BanditKeith2
Not that big of a ES fan. But, this is still a nice get for GOG.
sanscript: And we we can't expect them them to service a very small fanbase after so many years (would be nice - but reality is something else). At some point we have to move forward.
Technically, yes, it's unreasonable to expect for-profit corporations to support every single product they've ever released until the heat death of the universe, but I'm not a fan of the "no, it's too old, we have to move on" mentality - I'm pretty sure that's why GOG was founded in the first place, to sell older DRM-free games that publishers simply weren't interested in selling digitally back then. I have very mixed feelings on what's become of it since then, but I don't think GOG would exist at all if there wasn't that small subsection of people interested in buying old games digitally almost... 15 years ago, Christ. Hell, Skyrim is over a decade old now, Bethesda's still milking it to death and people are genuinely excited about the game finally showing up on another storefront for $20, I don't really think age or the size of the userbase are a concern here.

I'm not even asking for them to provide support for it, it'd just be nice to have a DRM-free copy of Oldrim readily accessible without having to tell people "oh yeah, if you want the original version of the game you'll have to buy a Steam key on G2A or sail the seven seas and find a shady no CD crack from 2013. good luck!!". A few games on GOG already include older versions as bonus downloads (all of the Beamdog Infinity Engine game remasters, for instance), although that practice isn't nearly as commonplace as I'd like :/

Beth delisting Oldrim from Steam years ago makes me think they just don't want people using it at all though; in their eyes, AE and SE both supersede LE and there is literally no reason for anyone to play that version ever again and they'd probably wipe every copy of it off the face of the Earth if they could get away with it. That sucks, but I already don't trust publishers and storefronts to preserve games in the first place, not even GOG, so I'm not exactly surprised?

Also I'm still running Win7 almost three years after it ""died"" so I'm the worst person to tease about this kind of thing (95/98 really should've been open sourced a decade ago, but I doubt it'll ever happen)
Post edited September 30, 2022 by prengle
Just tried running Skyrim in Wine, installing it with lgogdownloader galaxy method.

How can I configure graphics settings in it? Starting their SkyrimSELauncher.exe shows no options in the menu, only start and support.

Starting SkyrimSE.exe directly doesn't have anything to configure either.

Does their launcher need some special parameters to give access to configurator?
Post edited September 30, 2022 by shmerl
high rated
...another Bethesda Sale and no Skyrim release... oh wait! :)
Hello - I cannot find where to submit a customer support ticket because the bot won't let me start over without having to upload some sort of file (not relevant to my query) and I need help.

I just bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition but the website gave me the Skyrim Special Edition to download. How to contact someone to give me the correct purchase?

Thanks,
eslofe
Well, that was unexpected. Nice to see it finally show up!

See, Bethesda, this whole buying-games-from-you thing works better when we get some buyable games. :)
eslofe: Hello - I cannot find where to submit a customer support ticket because the bot won't let me start over without having to upload some sort of file (not relevant to my query) and I need help.

I just bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition but the website gave me the Skyrim Special Edition to download. How to contact someone to give me the correct purchase?

Thanks,
eslofe
I guess that's expected behavior. You should have Anniversary Edition stuff as separate DLC downloads. Here's full list: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/6852264113309?product=gog
eslofe: Hello - I cannot find where to submit a customer support ticket because the bot won't let me start over without having to upload some sort of file (not relevant to my query) and I need help.

Thanks,
eslofe
Skyrim Anniversary Edition is Skyrim Special Edition + Anniversary DLC. If you are using Galaxy, it should be automatically downloaded alongside the game. If you are not, it should be available to download under the base game's installer.
shmerl: Just tried running Skyrim in Wine, installing it with lgogdownloader galaxy method.

How can I configure graphics settings in it? Starting their SkyrimSELauncher.exe shows no options in the menu, only start and support.

Starting SkyrimSE.exe directly doesn't have anything to configure either.

Does their launcher need some special parameters to give access to configurator?
Should be under "Options" in the launcher, but the options are quite limited. PCGW confirms that. You can try BethINI as the PCGW page says.

[url=https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim_Special_Edition]https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim_Special_Edition[/url]

Edit:
Another options is to simply merge the options in the Low, Medium, High and Ultra INI files in the game dir with the SkyrimPrefs.ini in the game save location (Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition)
Post edited September 30, 2022 by An_dz