It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

God damn hippies!

Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass, a point and click adventure across the jingoistic realities of American superhero culture, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount!

Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass is a politically incorrect satire through and through, a hilarious one at that. We begin with the brief story of Kyle Keever, an aspiring actor auditioning for his role in "America's Got Superpowers" - a soon to be hit reality show. He dons his uber-patriotic garbs, an ultra-right wing mindset and… he has an accident. Thus Purple Patriot is born: superpowered and certifiably insane. He'll stand up and fight for everything that is good in America while stamping out the evils of this world. Evils like hippies. And immigrants. If you like most things that are funny, this classical point and click adventure is sure to bring you all the joy you need, and all the justice you can carry.
Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass includes all three episodes released as part of Season I.

Purple Patriot Wants You to help him with these ridiculous puzzles in Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass, available now on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, February 5 at 13:59 AM GMT.
I don't think it is a coincidence this is being released on Superbowl weekend...
Dunno about game, but...Virt is sure nice composer.
Wow what's with the harsh profanity on the main page?

Around my circle of friends & coworkers I'm ALWAYS touting DRM-free Gog.com over Steam and other DRM storefronts but I can't in good conscience return to my Gog.com soapbox until this article falls off the main page.

Next time a friend mentions Steam I'll just have to give them the old "tight smile and look away"...at least for a while.
Amphax: Wow what's with the harsh profanity on the main page?

Around my circle of friends & coworkers I'm ALWAYS touting DRM-free Gog.com over Steam and other DRM storefronts but I can't in good conscience return to my Gog.com soapbox until this article falls off the main page.

Next time a friend mentions Steam I'll just have to give them the old "tight smile and look away"...at least for a while.
Sorry, but I don't understand. What are you speaking about?
gixgox: Sorry, but I don't understand. What are you speaking about?
Probably the 'god damn' in the topic title.
PaterAlf: Thank you for explaining. I can understand your (and Phoenix') point of view, but I still won't buy it. Even if VAT is a factor I can't deny, it's a lame excuse in my eyes. It works at the moment, because of the actual $ - € - conversion rate, but just some months ago Europeans had to pay 40% more with the normal 1$ = 1€ regional pricing. What does this have to do with VAT? And why do the Russians always get the lowest price, even if they are by far not the poorest country in the world (income in Moscow is pretty high for example)? And why do African countries have to pay the US price?

I wouldn't mind paying a regional price that feels fair, but so far no one came up with that (guess it isn't even possible, because even within each single country there are great income differences) I will only buy games that are flat priced.

And I know that I will get a good deal when I buy the game on GOG (because of the fair price package), but they pay the difference out of their own pocket and I think they shouldn't have to do that just to give every customer a fair price (it should be fair right from the beginning instead).

Wish you the best for your game though. Will buy it when it becomes flat priced in the future or when it turns up in a bundle.
^ This.

Have a +1, Cookie Monster.
Lol all the other countries have costumes and the UK is just some proto-neckbeard redditor with a purse
Kind of interesting this game already has 2 and a half stars with 21 votes and yet no one has bothered to write a review.

Hmmm.
tfishell: Maybe I should make a game that makes fun of non-Americans, to even things out a little (unless someone can find games that already do that). :-P
Ah but then it would probably be too obsure. Say for instance Australia, to a US audience would only know, Kangaroo, Koala, Schrimps on a barbie, Opera house, Dingo, boomerang, digeridoo, crocodile dundee, Steve Irwin, stingray and that would probably be about it.
gixgox: Sorry, but I don't understand. What are you speaking about?
JaqFrost: Probably the 'god damn' in the topic title.
Guess I'd have never got it. Being an atheist and all I don't notice that stuff. Sad really might not even be damning their particular god (oh wait they probably think there is only one)
Post edited January 31, 2015 by deonast
deonast: Ah but then it would probably be too obsure. Say for instance Australia, to a US audience would only know, Kangaroo, Koala, Schrimps on a barbie, Opera house, Dingo, boomerang, digeridoo, crocodile dundee, Steve Irwin, stingray and that would probably be about it.
Guess I'd have never got it. Being an atheist and all I don't notice that stuff. Sad really might not even be damning their particular god (oh wait they probably think there is only one)
Well, the phrasing in question was God damning all hippies, not any deity being damned, unless someone worships hippies...? =P I think the objection is against taking the Lord's name in vain. There are a lot of people in the flyover states who are very limited in their choice of expletives due to religious restrictions.
I was looking for the game that the season pass was for since it's usually a separate purchase giving dlc at a discount. Releasing the game as a complete package like this with no incoming content I would have called it Supreme League of Patriots: Season One.
deonast: Ah but then it would probably be too obsure. Say for instance Australia, to a US audience would only know, Kangaroo, Koala, Schrimps on a barbie, Opera house, Dingo, boomerang, digeridoo, crocodile dundee, Steve Irwin, stingray and that would probably be about it.
JaqFrost: Well, the phrasing in question was God damning all hippies, not any deity being damned, unless someone worships hippies...? =P I think the objection is against taking the Lord's name in vain. There are a lot of people in the flyover states who are very limited in their choice of expletives due to religious restrictions.
There is an idea. A hippy worshiping religion could be a good tax doge (the hippies might not be so happy, "hey man don't make money off us").
Season Pass is a Phoenix term. It's the same term they used with Cognition. I'll pass on the feedback.

sherringon456: I don't think it is a coincidence this is being released on Superbowl weekend...
Haha, as far as I'm aware, it is a coincidence. We had planned to release in February but Phoenix have another game coming soon, so we got bumped forward a little bit. Plus the whole "Patriots" as a search term thing isn't doing us any favours!

Redfern: Dunno about game, but...Virt is sure nice composer.
I absolutely adore Jake's soundtrack for Patriots. That's why we wanted to bundle it (lossless) with the first season bundle. I've listened to it for so many hours during testing, but it never gets old.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by sybixsus
Great release!
Amphax: Wow what's with the harsh profanity on the main page?

I'm pretty used to cursing in all it's forms but at least where I come from I have to agree this language is very inappropriate for the main page.
And yes, I'm referring to the "G-- damn hippies!" thing.