It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Battle of the hexes.

Strategic Command series is now available DRM-free. Check here for all the series' entries, going for up to 50% off until February 19th, 2pm UTC.

The celebrated turn-based strategy, where history is shaped out of carefully places tiles and hexagons, is here in full force! Command your troops in land or at sea, employ diplomacy if you need to, play both sides of these monumental conflicts and prevail with method and patience.

Pick the one to start with and then keep moving from there, one tile at a time:

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe (-50%)

Strategic Command WWII: World at War (-25%)

Strategic Command Classic: WWI (-50%)

Strategic Command Classic: WWII (-50%)

Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict (-50%)
More strategy from Slitherine !

I have never played Strategic Command though so please keep up the discounts while i'm busy researching about them....it takes a looong time so and they only last a week.
Post edited February 16, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
BitMaster_1980: Several of the links still appear to point to www.gog-preprod.com instead of gog.com.
Oh my. Fixed.
Any relationship to the other Strategic Command game sold here, you know..the original?
That's some real grognard stuff. NATO counters and visuals from the 90s. Shame about the WW2 fixation, would go for something more modern. Don't people ever get tired of WW2? Of course, I say this with Order of Battle running in the background.
Post edited February 12, 2019 by TentacleMayor
trusteft: Any relationship to the other Strategic Command game sold here, you know..the original?
You mean European Theater? If that's the case, then no, it's not the same series. Same Developer though (Fury). Different Publisher.

But it's pretty much the same thing.

Edit: to delete a URL that, for some reason, refused to play nice in the post.
Post edited February 12, 2019 by Orpheus-GOG
No videos? checked some youtube playthroughs , don't see any intro videos like the other games have ...
listprice is pretty high :D.... but no videos , i might be able to live with it :D

BUT: maybe a dumb question: why such a high min req. regarding CPU ? 2.8 Ghz (+_+)
game says ist 2010, my setup is 2008/2009 quad core 2.66 game is slighter younger yet a high cpu for min. req.
2.6 Ghz quad = not 2.8 Ghz, game does not look like it is so CPU heavy .....

check this topic: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/dual-core-2-8ghz-vs-quad-core-2-4ghz.216497/
please read all of it..........
can you explain what i need to have to be able to play games >3 ghz cpu cause all this info is very confusing,
planned to get an i3 8100 BUT... thats a lot of euros and i do not want to waste money again ( like the piece of sh ites i have now) that is said 2.66 but tends to switch automatically ( when the cpu sems too want it) to 3.1 ( info based on coretemp tool)

Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict

Game details
Genre: Strategy - Turn-based - Historical
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Released: January 1, 2010
Company: Fury Software / Slitherine Ltd.
Size:644 MB

System requirements
Minimum system requirements:

System: 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: Celeron 2.8GHz or equivalent (+_+) ??????
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512Mb DX9 (shader model 2.0)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 1 GB available space
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
What a great release !
Instabuy !

Please GOG , bring 'Command' or 'Harpoon' series next !
gamesfreak64: System requirements

That's 2.8 Ghz of a single core Celeron CPU.
gamesfreak64: .....
That Celeron is an ancient underpowered CPU from Intel from 2004, no need to fret so much.

For a quick comparison with yours, try this:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+2.80GHz&id=644
gamesfreak64: System requirements

trusteft: That's 2.8 Ghz of a single core Celeron CPU.
gamesfreak64: .....
zlaywal: That Celeron is an ancient underpowered CPU from Intel from 2004, no need to fret so much.

For a quick comparison with yours, try this:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+2.80GHz&id=644
(◑‿◐) owww, now i remember, owned a celeron many years ago, almost forgot about that ancient machine, yes it was a meh PC ... but better then a 486.

Thanks for the replies
A 2006 and 2009 game, some good old games in there :)
Four hours later and no 'Sorry, too niche' riposte? We're all going soft. :-P
Apart from the very first in the series, I haven't played any of the rest. Is there any reason to buy anything other than the latest and greatest?
trusteft: Apart from the very first in the series, I haven't played any of the rest. Is there any reason to buy anything other than the latest and greatest?
As far as the new ones I've only played War in Europe, but from the looks of it World at War is an expanded campaign with the Pacific added. I can't see a reason to get both, but Europe at War is a good game. Long campaigns though, so I imagine World at War campaigns will take even longer.