It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Starlords are made of this.

<span class="bold">Starpoint Gemini Warlords</span>, a sprawling space simulation, enriched with 4X strategy and RPG elements, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

No opposition is insurmountable when you put the best crew inside the most well-equipped ship in the sector. As an up-and-coming warlord, you must first learn to hold your own in intense dogfights, then build yourself a fearsome fleet and a solid base to establish your dominion. Oh and make sure you don't spend too much time customizing your battleship - that huge star-map isn't going to explore itself!

Get the extra loot inside the <span class="bold">Digital Deluxe Edition</span> or opt to <span class="bold">upgrade later</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Maxvorstadt: Additional Notes: The minimum requirements listed here are PRELIMINARY and are subject to change!

So, this game is still In-Dev?
We will continue working on this game for some time, be sure of that.
There will be bug fixes and DLCs.
high rated
It was available on Steam for about a year with a much cheaper price tag (cheaper than SPG2) and I was patiently waiting for it. Then on Steam there was a heads up about a price change (I was really expecting some kind of a preorder here as well and that price tag would not change THAT drastically - it was posted in US currency and regional pricing wasnt announced).
And now here it is, twice as pricey and even no bonus for us people owning Starpoint Gemini 2 or at least a possibility to preorder for people really waiting for it with an original price.
I respect the devs work and their forum activity but can't help feel a bit cheated here for preferring GOG over steam.
So I guess I'll be waiting for a sale on this one. Maybe I'm gonna be impatient enough to buy it before one (and If i remember correctly SPG2 was a rare guest in sales) but right now I'm a bit too disappointed.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by ModaL
It is a shame that 2 is free on Steam right now and we don't get that. Not even a discount off of the $35 price tag.
Bojan_LGM: There will be bug fixes and DLCs.
DLCs like "Free Content for All" as some great devs do or just like today's market practices, meaning everything will be in the form of "paid DLC"? Thank you!
GOG.com: Starlords are made of this.

... Starlord confirmed?
ModaL: It was available on Steam for about a year with a much cheaper price tag (cheaper than SPG2) and I was patiently waiting for it. Then on Steam there was a heads up about a price change (I was really expecting some kind of a preorder here as well and that price tag would not change THAT drastically - it was posted in US currency and regional pricing wasnt announced).
And now here it is, twice as pricey and even no bonus for us people owning Starpoint Gemini 2 or at least a possibility to preorder for people really waiting for it with an original price.
I respect the devs work and their forum activity but can't help feel a bit cheated here for preferring GOG over steam.
So I guess I'll be waiting for a sale on this one. Maybe I'm gonna be impatient enough to buy it before one (and If i remember correctly SPG2 was a rare guest in sales) but right now I'm a bit too disappointed.
-
ZaineH: It is a shame that 2 is free on Steam right now and we don't get that. Not even a discount off of the $35 price tag.
Hey guys,

regarding SPG2 free, it was an opportunity that was offered as a way to promote our new game. It was definitely not our intention to cheat anyone over.

And there will be promotional offers on GOG, aswell.

Best regards!
Post edited May 23, 2017 by glova_lgm
Bojan_LGM: There will be bug fixes and DLCs.
Vythonaut: DLCs like "Free Content for All" as some great devs do or just like today's market practices, meaning everything will be in the form of "paid DLC"? Thank you!
Our main focus will be fixing bugs and making the game as polished as possible. As for DLCs, in SPG2 we had both, free and paid DLCs, so this is something to be expected for Warlords.

Also, don't forget about our mod support. There is already a lot of content to be found in form of mods.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by Bojan_LGM
Guys, if possible, join us on Warlords GoG forum and ask whatever you need. :)

https://www.gog.com/forum/starpoint_gemini_warlords#1495569941
ZaineH: It is a shame that 2 is free on Steam right now and we don't get that. Not even a discount off of the $35 price tag.
glova_lgm: Hey guys,

regarding SPG2 free, it was an opportunity that was offered as a way to promote our new game. It was definitely not our intention to cheat anyone over.

Best regards!
Talk is cheap. It has been cheaper in sales on Steam starting March 31, 2016 and has frequently been on sale there to the tune of about three to one.
Bojan_LGM: Our main focus will be fixing bugs and making the game as polished as possible.
Glad to hear that! As for downloadable content, i hope you guys won't release a ridiculous amount of small DLCs (no finger-pointing necessary, you all know for whom the bell tolls..) because that would be a no-deal scenario for me and i'm sure lots of folks would agree with that. Having said that, the game looks extraordinarily good -- cheers!
Vythonaut: DLCs like "Free Content for All" as some great devs do or just like today's market practices, meaning everything will be in the form of "paid DLC"? Thank you!
Bojan_LGM: Our main focus will be fixing bugs and making the game as polished as possible. As for DLCs, in SPG2 we had both, free and paid DLCs, so this is something to be expected for Warlords.

Also, don't forget about our mod support. There is already a lot of content to be found in form of mods.
I just want to put out a late thank you for Starpoint Gemini 2, it is an awesome game. Hopefully Warlords will walk in the same shoes.

Best regards!
Hi :-)
Just to clarify :-)
My feeling is not raised by the absence of discount for owners of SPG2. That is okay I guess, even though I have it with all DLCs. The reason for it is availability on steam throughout a year with a price two times lesser than the release one. And unavailability here on GOG in any form - either in an InDev Release or a PreOrder (I would take it since I quite like your products anyway). Seeing the steam early access pricetag for a year and thinking "oooh, when will I get to play it DRM-Free", then seeing a price raise heads up with no initial news on GOG and suddenly - bang, an awaited game you could buy and play a year ago but now for a whole different price. That might cause, you know, a little butt-hurt :-D

Best regards!
ModaL: Hi :-)
My feeling is not raised by the absence of discount for owners of SPG2. That is okay I guess, even though I have it with all DLCs. The reason for it is availability on steam throughout a year with a price two times lesser than the release one. And unavailability here on GOG in any form - either in an InDev Release or a PreOrder (I would take it since I quite like your products anyway). Seeing the steam early access pricetag for a year and thinking "oooh, when will I get to play it DRM-Free", then seeing a price raise heads up with no initial news on GOG and suddenly - bang, an awaited game you could buy and play a year ago but now for a whole different price. That might cause, you know, a little butt-hurt :-D
It is about profit and visibilty, the customer base on GOG is still small in comparison to Steam. And to maintain two dev branches in different places, when you are developing, is overhead, which is ok when you get the money for maintaining the 2nd branch and the same input from players

The price raise is normal for a game coming out of development in a lot fo cases.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by MaGo72
ModaL: Hi :-)
MaGo72: It is about profit and visibilty, the customer base on GOG is still small in comparison to Steam. And to maintain two dev branches in different places, when you are developing, is overhead, which is ok when you get the money for maintaining the 2nd branch and the same input from players

The price raise is normal for a game coming out of development in a lot fo cases.
Thanks for helping clarifying things out, and I understand that people feel leftout, but we just lacked manpower to handle everything.
I also apologize in advance if we are late with replying here, it is already a long workday for us.

Cheers everyone!
Post edited May 24, 2017 by glova_lgm
is this the first game in the series or a 3rd one? cause I don't see the first one posted up here.