It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get a lightsaber!

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, in which you master weapons of the Jedi and face the very real temptations of the dark side, is now available for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Dark Forces revolutionised the early days of first person shooting. Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II improved on the experience in almost every imaginable regard, as the series once again established a significant milestone in 3D action gaming. If the words "You get a lightsaber" weren't enough to get you hyped about this title back in the day, then the truly-3D environments and models, RPG elements, and unprecedented freedom of movement complemented by a varied arsenal of weapons and Force powers would have done it.

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a must-play for gamers looking to experience or relive gaming history, and the GOG.com treatment now makes this easier than ever. At the end of the day, it's a game that allows you to discover the Force entirely on your own - to walk the light path of a Jedi hero, or to unlock the sheer destructive power of the dark side - and that is just plain awesome.

Get your lightsaber and master the Force in Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for 72 hours, until Friday, January 30 at 1:59 PM GMT.
madth3: Thank you very much for this, but perhaps it could be made clearer what is actually enhancing?
opeter2: Look at the attachments in my post. It enhanches the graphics by a mile/kilometer.
Doesn't work at all. It even seems that the patch destroyed the gog version and turned in into the same crap as the steam version....
Incredible game, and now it works on modern systems! Thank you so much for bringing this here!!!
Excellent release! Thank you Disney and GOG!
works fine with my win7 64bit and ati 7850 :)
hardware mode on and the epic music is here and rocks :)
by the way terrible mouse control like the original release
thnxs gog
mistermumbles: Aw, man. Hardware mode doesn't work for me. Just getting a black screen. Oh well. I knew the dangers going in, but it's actually still a pretty good looking game in software mode, even if I can't get 16bit graphics! *shakes fist violently* =P At least I'm able to play it in full widescreen, so that's very nice, and working music is a big plus. But that hammy acting. Oh my. I forgot all about that.

Some of those graphic options are hilarious. Affine textures makes it look like I'm swimming rather than moving through the game, and then you have solid and wireframe geometry. How incredibly odd. The latter seems great for cheating as enemies can be seen behind what are supposed to be solid objects. It's fun to see for a moment, but that's about it. I can't quite fathom why LA thought anybody would want these options, but hey! Old games! ;)

Anyway, the game is very much a blast from the past and still a lot of fun, though some of the odd controls had to be changed. Inverted mouse look? Weird. The automatic reload when you die is quite nice though as it's pretty much instantaneous.
Is that in the so called advanced display tab because my game is missing that tab....
Great game/FPS and the datadisk is included, thank you GOG!
opeter2: Look at the attachments in my post. It enhanches the graphics by a mile/kilometer.
xxxIndyxxx: Doesn't work at all. It even seems that the patch destroyed the gog version and turned in into the same crap as the steam version....
Of course it works.

But you need to install this (first make a backup of JK.EXE):
jkdf2.net/JKBot/JKArchive/JKDF2/Game%20Files/tools/PATCH/jkultimate15.zip

More info here: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jedi_knight_mots_hardware_acceleration_graphic_patches_for_all/page1
opeter2: OK, finally got it working!

---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------

JEDI KNIGHT ENHANCHED MOD - installation tutorial

---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------

1.) Install the patch you can find in the first post:
http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jedi_knight_mots_hardware_acceleration_graphic_patches_for_all/page1

2.) Then do the following:

Download JKE Mod from here:
http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=242§ion=downloads

Choose
JK_Enhanced.zip - 1.0 - 39,988 KB - 2007-01-31 19:58:47

3.) open with you favorite extractor (mine is the free/opensource 7zip) and extract/copy the JKE.gob from the JKE folder to you game installation folder, but before that make a folder, let's say ... Mod

default is:
C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2

4.) Now make an shortcut from JK.EXE and put it on you desktop (if you like, you can later choose the GOG icon, so that it will look nice)

5.) now right click on you alias and choose "shortcut" tab and find the first line, where it says the following:
"C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2\JK.EXE"

add -path Mod at the end

Press Apply and OK.

6.) now, try to run the game and change the resolution to whatever you want, but don't forget to turn on 3D acceleration if it isn't already turned on.

7.) If you want even better textures, download this mod:
http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=345§ion=downloads

jkr.zip 0.4 - 26,581 KB - 2009-03-09 08:39:59

... extract JKR.gob to the Mod folder and just run you shortcut on the desktop.

If you will do everything as I did wrote, you will get this (look at my attachements).

H.A.V.E...A...N.I.C.E...P.L.A.Y!
That should be a sticky in the game specific support forum.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by MaGo72
xxxIndyxxx: Doesn't work at all. It even seems that the patch destroyed the gog version and turned in into the same crap as the steam version....
opeter2: Of course it works.

But you need to install this (first make a backup of JK.EXE):
jkdf2.net/JKBot/JKArchive/JKDF2/Game%20Files/tools/PATCH/jkultimate15.zip

More info here: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jedi_knight_mots_hardware_acceleration_graphic_patches_for_all/page1
I had to change a couple of your steps to actually make it work (just managed it a few minutes ago) so for me I had to do it differently. Also unfortunately the patch make the FMV not work good. It stutters now...
This game desperately needs to be patched. After I had installed GOG's version of Dark Forces 2 on Win7 and ran the program, the screen turned black with no sound. I had no way to Ctrl+Alt+Del or anything. As a result, I had to manually turn off the power to my computer and restart again. :(

The game was also stuck in fullscreen mode. This is exactly the reason why I like PC games to run in a window so if they crash they don't take the whole OS with it. I hope this problem with Dark Forces 2 will get fixed soon.
IronArcturus: This game desperately needs to be patched. After I had installed GOG's version of Dark Forces 2 on Win7 and ran the program, the screen turned black with no sound. I had no way to Ctrl+Alt+Del or anything. As a result, I had to manually turn off the power to my computer and restart again. :(

The game was also stuck in fullscreen mode. This is exactly the reason why I like PC games to run in a window so if they crash they don't take the whole OS with it. I hope this problem with Dark Forces 2 will get fixed soon.
I had absolutely no such problem with the game. Better contact support to find out what's going wrong.
xxxIndyxxx: I had to change a couple of your steps to actually make it work (just managed it a few minutes ago) so for me I had to do it differently. Also unfortunately the patch make the FMV not work good. It stutters now...
Could you please write step-by-step instructions about what you had to change? So for others, if they have similar problems. Thanks.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by opeter2
xxxIndyxxx: I had to change a couple of your steps to actually make it work (just managed it a few minutes ago) so for me I had to do it differently. Also unfortunately the patch make the FMV not work good. It stutters now...
opeter2: Could you please write step-by-step instructions about what you had to change? So for others, if they have similar problems. Thanks.
I had to install the patch but then i had to follow the readme instructions of JKE. Also i had to put the other mods into the resource folder. Using a path command just didn;t work.
Grargar: I had absolutely no such problem with the game. Better contact support to find out what's going wrong.
Well is there a way to force the game to run in a window? I'd rather not have to hard boot my computer over and over again.
It's kinda funny to refer to one of the best traditional expansion packs ever released as DLC. Already back in the day some reviewers stated that this could have just as well have been released as a standalone game at full price and it was minblowing that the launch price was only ~$25 IIRC. And I just remembered, I actually got my original MotS disc as a birthday present (and the base game as a Christmas present, lol), I think the same day I also got a speederbike toy. Good times.

Anyway, I wonder if GOG were aware that CD2 included different audio tracks than CD1 and made sure that CD2's music is played after you defeat Maw.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by F4LL0UT