It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The circle is now complete… Let's do another one!

STAR WARS Episode I: Racer is now available, only on GOG.com, with a 15% launch discount until May 8, 5pm UTC.
It's back! The game that perfectly captured the high-velocity spirit of the memorable podracing sequence in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, returns. Pick your character and zoom across several challenging tracks, including the dunes of Tatooine, where young Anakin Skywalker made himself a legend.

Also, enjoy more galactic adventures through timeless, DRM-free STAR WARS classics up to 66% off in the May The 4th sale, including STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, STAR WARS: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and STAR WARS: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! The deals are available until May 8th, 5 PM UTC.
high rated
General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
-- or in Start Menu HERE.
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.
- If running multiple screen setup, try switching to a single monitor.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

May the Force serve you well.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Thiev
Good for lovers of racing games that they got something for once.

Now can I do something else than fly through stupid rings? (A quote pulled from memory. Sorry if a bit off.)
tfishell: Lol, damn. Better or worse or about the same to Carmageddon? (I recall that was a hell of a pain to test.)
Just different. But definitely more enjoyable.

darthspudius: That's a beautiful gif!
My work signature for years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Of course GOG is no longer accepting the credit card I've been using for five years, claim it's the bank, BULLSHIT! Called my bank four times! :P

Alas I have another card.

Downloading now.
tfishell: Lol, damn. Better or worse or about the same to Carmageddon? (I recall that was a hell of a pain to test.)
Thiev: Just different. But definitely more enjoyable.

darthspudius: That's a beautiful gif!
Thiev: My work signature for years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks guys, bought. Is there any chance of "remastering" "The Phantom Menace" Game, too?
Thiev: Just different. But definitely more enjoyable.
Fair enough, glad it was more fun though. :P
Here's hoping they release The Phantom Menace game next
okay it works, but can I change the resolution?
What a great news. I'll see if I take advantage of the promotion and buy a Star Wars game :)
Rosstifer1712: Here's hoping they release The Phantom Menace game next
I remember that one as frustrating and clumsy, though the lighting effects were phenomenal for the time. That said, the handling was far better in that than, say, Shadows of the Empire in Gall Spaceport... (shivers)

For entertainment value, read GameSpot's review for Phantom Menace.
This only makes me sad that the Arcade version of this game never got re-released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=034Fpiry51A
high rated
kokosabre: Got the game, runs fine(still trying to see where is that " Video settings are linked as separate shortcut.")
tinyE: [...]
Link to video settings can be found both in GOG Galaxy and Start Menu. If it's missing for some obscure reason, you can run main executable with -v parameter.
Rosstifer1712: Here's hoping they release The Phantom Menace game next
That'd be great; it does have over 1,200 votes. I had fun with TPM back in the early 2000s but I don't think I'd re-buy it.

I wish GOG could reach a deal to finally re-release the original Battlefront 1. :P That'd sell even better.
Post edited May 01, 2018 by tfishell
tfishell: [...]
Thiev: Let me commemorate working on this title:

http://i.imgur.com/vVKkIvy.gif
That was hilarious :D
tinyE: [...]
Thiev: Link to video settings can be found both in GOG Galaxy and Start Menu. If it's missing for some obscure reason, you can run main executable with -v parameter.
Wee thanks for that(now to know where to 1st look for other gog releases)
Oh wow! Played the crap out of this one on N64. I forgave George Lucas for The Phantom Menace because of this game.